Garbage Fairies

DefiantCdr

Every year my squadron goes on a trip in the spring, and when we stay on a military base our officers insist that we keep them up to the usual high standards.

On the second morning of our trip to Washington a few years back the six females who were on the trip were racing around in an attempt to get the barracks up to standard at the last minute. My friend and I, the two highest ranking cadets on the trip, told the others to make sure their rooms were perfect as we finished up the common room. Just as we heard the Captain walk in I noticed a juice box on the table. Niether of us had time to grab it as we raced to stand to, so I turned to my friend and said that hopefully the garbage fairies will pick it up and get rid of it.

We braced ourselves through the whole inspection, knowing that when she entered the common room we would be in for it. To our surprise she entered the common room last, and praised our efforts! She hadn't found anything wrong with the barracks, and they were past standard!

As soon as she left my friend and I went to check if the juicebox was there, and had gone unnoticed (not likely), but when we entered it wasnt there! We looked in the trash bins and everything, but there wasnt a juicebox to be found! To this day we haven't a clue where it went, and I know it was there, because I was the one who left it! :oops:

Back