Gangs in the US military

No, that's okay.
Gangs are such a drain on the whole system.
We ought to adopt a new type of unit organization known as the Penal Unit. Basically you get all the f*cktards who mess it up for everyone else in a "charge at the machine gun with a cheese knife" unit.

But if I were you, I'd give proof that you served and then post this in the military members only part of the forum.

I agree. We use them to go and inspect things.

I could imagine that a Sergeant and a bunch of guys from the cheese knife division are with them at a rural area and the sergeant says, "Hey, private, go out there and see if it's clear." *he runs out, followed by the sound of gunfire* "You're next, Sanchez." *Runs out, hits a landmine* "Ok, radio command and tell them area covered by heavy mg fire, and there is a minefield."

What the hell are the officers doing when there's a gang war about to erupt?? Geez... ours just kind of pretended nothing was going on and that it was a lower enlisted problem not theirs.

What the hell are the officers doing when there's a gang war about to erupt?? Geez... ours just kind of pretended nothing was going on and that it was a lower enlisted problem not theirs.

Well in the US Navy most Junior officers will say stop, they they run away like little girls, the rest will try to break it up.
Now the Master Chiefs Warrant officers and Senior Officers just might take two gang members and smash their heads together to put a stop to it. And a ships Captain WILL call the marine security force to a security alert.

I was accused once of being IN the fight that I was breaking up, believe it or not it was between friends too, one joined a gang and the other told him it was a dumb move, then I had to basically remove them from each other. Well one of them hit me so I clocked him. I don't care who it is they hit me I hit back gang member or not.

Yeah. As I always say when I get in fights, if you hit me, it better be damn hard because you won't be getting up after.

How in the f**k do you let gangs start in the military - I'm sorry, I know you've got a vast military but get that under wraps real quick. I just can't comprehend how it could be. You join the Army (or Navy etc) and that is your only loyalty.

How in the f**k do you let gangs start in the military - I'm sorry, I know you've got a vast military but get that under wraps real quick. I just can't comprehend how it could be. You join the Army (or Navy etc) and that is your only loyalty.

Believe it or not they start in the US military for the same reason they start in neighbor hoods and schools here, you get a few form up NY, calling teh boys from Texas Rednecks and visa versa, next thing they're all hanging out in little groups secretly hating the other group, next thing there s a fight and it escalates from there

AussieNick, since you're an officer you may actually not be aware of it happening in your outfit. It's very possible, though I don't think Australia has the sort of social divisions like America has... then again, that's something I'm probably wrong about.
But officers tend to realize it real slow or not at all.

When I was in AIMD at NAS Norfolk, out officers used to come down and keep in contact with each shop on a weekly basis, lucky for me our division officer was a people person and used to hang in one of my 3 shops on a daily basis LOL. Needless to say we had no gangs in AIMD. But I did have a Lt that I had the utmost respect for.

Back