Game of the Year? best game of 2006

I haven't had the opportunity to play all those games, although I have heard they're all good candidates for 'the best of 2006'.

Personally, I thought 'Company of Heroes' was excellent, as well as 'Battlefield 2', and 'Ghost Recon 3(?)'.

All great games, in my opinion.

Yeah I forgot that about BF2....LOL

I will say Company of Heroes

Although I also like Sid Meir's Railroads

Most of these mentioned are in the strategy category...

What console for game of the year? If it is PS2, I'd say......Call of Duty 3 or BLACK.

all those games mentioned are quite great indeed :)

For strategy, I would have to one of the Total War games, one is Medieval Total war 2.

For RPG, I would certainly go with Oblivion. Morrowind was the best game I have ever played.

There are other great FPS games as well, BF2 and RO being the most notable ones

:type:

Best Console

Call of Duty 3 is quit good...However I bought it for my son's x-mas and he finished it a day! Then, come to think of it he can play Battlefield 2142 and not shout at the monitor like I do!:neutral:

AlphaHound said:
Call of Duty 3 is quit good...However I bought it for my son's x-mas and he finished it a day! Then, come to think of it he can play Battlefield 2142 and not shout at the monitor like I do!

Just imagine how many days he could have spent if it was online, and on the pc :camo:

About the shouting on the screen, well I dont exactly shout, but I say quietly to myself and whoever hears me, "Thats just unfair", thats what I mostly say :type:

Call of Duty 3 is quit good...However I bought it for my son's x-mas and he finished it a day! Then, come to think of it he can play Battlefield 2142 and not shout at the monitor like I do!:neutral:

Yeah, I finished it like 3 days. On those days, I have to go to work. heh. Good game, lot of fighting but pretty quite short. I was disppointed I thought Call of Duty 3 would finish up when American force recaptured Paris but ended up in just north of Paris. :-|

Yeah, I finished it like 3 days. On those days, I have to go to work. heh. Good game, lot of fighting but pretty quite short. I was disppointed I thought Call of Duty 3 would finish up when American force recaptured Paris but ended up in just north of Paris. :-|

and there was no USSR you say??

Back