Which game do you prefer?

Which game do you prefer

• Close Combat:First to Fight(hasn't come out yet but by looking at screens n stuff)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Damien435 said:
Well I just rented Half Life 2 based on all the nice things people said about it and I now want to kick all of you in the nuts, I can't get passed the Route Kanal part becuase I keep getting nauseated. WTF!? I NEVER GET MOTION SICKNESS! I actually thought I was coming down with the flu so I took a nap thinking I just needed to rest and everything would be ok.

Hahahahahahaha, I am just having a good laugh! This must be the saddest thing that could happen to any gamer anywhere in the world. Can't you take this car-sickness pills HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA..... I am sorry, but it is really rather funny :)

Hahahahahahaha, I am just having a good laugh! This must be the saddest thing that could happen to any gamer anywhere in the world. Can't you take this car-sickness pills HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA..... I am sorry, but it is really rather funny :smile:

Isnt that the part were you drive hte little air boat.

Ive never gotten motion sickness from a game lol.

I stuck it out, and no, it wasn't the airboat part, it was running through all the tunnels before that part, I think it had something to do with my glasses though, which are the wrong prescription it turns out, I haven't worn them in years but I had to for an appointment I had and didn't bother to put in my contacts afterwords. I played it again this morning and didn't seem to have any problems.

Did any of you ever play the HL2 maps in the internet? You can choose a rebel or soldier uni and fight it out in different maps. You have one in the City, hemmed in by these enormous steele walls the go up and down. Superb sniping with the cross-bow. Another map is in hte wet-lands... anyway it good gaming...

skipper said:
Counter Strike has amazing graphics and awesome gameplay. Unfortunately, the multiplayer learning curve is HUGE thanks to all the 'leetsaw' players thay dont have social lives and are therefore legendary. And the realism is a little unreal, i think, though having never fired a weapon for real i may be wrong; but i am pretty sure that those weapons should all be extremely accurate at the ranges the game includes (under 100m) and theyre not, and that some weapons are underpowered; i dont care how much kevlar uve got, if i hit u with 3 shots from ANY rifle in the chest from that range, you should die. That said still an awesome game

cheats ring any bells for you mate?

Damien435 said:
Well I just rented Half Life 2 based on all the nice things people said about it and I now want to kick all of you in the nuts, I can't get passed the Route Kanal part becuase I keep getting nauseated. WTF!? I NEVER GET MOTION SICKNESS! I actually thought I was coming down with the flu so I took a nap thinking I just needed to rest and everything would be ok.

o...k i think you're a little weak

Half life 2 was just amazing in the storyline, CS is better for multiplay though.
Halo 2 was in its own way just as good as CS, less so in storyline, its equal in multiplayer.
Black and both mercenaries are up there, as is an older one called Red Faction.

hardcore_idiot said:
o...k i think you're a little weak

You try playing the game with beer goggles on, I bet you will feel a little dizzy running thru tunnels, turning left and right everywhere.

Half-Life is bad ass Valve rules....

However to the perosn that says their isnt anyone else like that Im sure John over at id software would have something to say about that... You know the makers of doom, quake, etc. Valve and id are like the foundation of what we have today in FPS...

Oh yeah and Apogee for their contribution of Wolfinstien 3D

However BF2 and its mods are def very cool

I hate Counter-Strike for its ridiculous gameplay. It really never should've been labelled realistic. At all. Ever. It simply sucks.

However, since you lumped it in with the brilliant single-player experience that is Half-Life 2, I had to vote for it. These games don't seem to have much in common; FSW is good too but it's a completely different type of game from HL2 (still not as good, though).

Well, unlike other games on the list a headshot with any weapon is an instant kill on CS, Halo? Only if it is the sniper rifle.

It can't even approach the realism of Red Orchestra, Operation Flashpoint, America's Army, the Rainbow Six series up to Raven Shield and its expansions, and many other games which I don't care to mention right now. That's what I meant.

Well, unlike other games on the list a headshot with any weapon is an instant kill on CS, Halo? Only if it is the sniper rifle.

That is because Valve has perfected hit detection....

All the other games are most likely programed to give a instant kill but because of piss poor hit detection they dont...

-edit

I stand corrected Counter-Strike was refered to being realistic, not in game play though but in its visual representation.

Last edited:
Back