Game Nixed Because of Stolen Copper Wire

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Game Nixed Because of Stolen Copper Wire
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - A high school football game was called off because thieves stole copper wires feeding the stadium lights. The lights at Anthem Boulder Creek's stadium wouldn't come on at game time Friday, leading to a 90-minute delay while officials tried to find out what was wrong....

Copper theft has actually become quite common. People steal the metal from construction sites, street lights, etc. and sell it back as scrap metal to make a quick buck. Several states have begun passing legislation that requires scrap companies to log quantities and sellers in order to cut down on it.

Its actually been going on a long time. In the Ukraine its hard core... they've even had a stolen bridge. Right a BRIDGE. Also, the first Ukrainian locomotive was also stolen, taken apart and sold for scrap.
I need not even tell you about manhole covers.

Its actually been going on a long time. In the Ukraine its hard core... they've even had a stolen bridge. Right a BRIDGE. Also, the first Ukrainian locomotive was also stolen, taken apart and sold for scrap.
I need not even tell you about manhole covers.

I forgot about manhole covers... and air conditioners, etc.

"Who wants to buy my bridge?"

Back