Game-maker picks his top 5 games

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif,Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif,Arial][/FONT]I have never heard of any of these

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif,Arial]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif,Arial]Game-maker picks his top 5 games
What does a game legend play when he’s not creating games? “Civilization” creator Sid Meier gives us his Top 5.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Well I liked one of his choices, Diablo.
For me it would have been.
- X-Com - UFO Enemy Unknown.
- Panzer General
- Railroad Tycoon.
- Silent Service 2
- Diablo

In no particular order.

Mine are...
Football Manager (formerly Championship Manager)
Rainbow Six (except for Lockdown... Lockdown sucked coconuts)
Ghost Recon
Day of Defeat (before they went to the STEAM engine)
Jagged Alliance

StarCraft and Gran Turismo are great. I wouldn't take time out of my day for the other titles he selected, though. Good games, just not to my taste.

My list, clickable for those interested:
-Red Orchestra: Ostfront (Most realistic game I know, and I've played OFP)
-Natural Selection (Balanced asymmetrical teams, it's an RTS to one player)
-Deus Ex (Best game story ever, best single player GAME ever)
-Metal Slug 3 (Contra refined with a great sense of humor)
-Einhänder (I still play this, and I got it in 1997)

Trust me. I'm a video game connoisseur.

Those of which I've played and are on his list, I can agree on. I haven't touched GT3 or GH yet...

I guess mine would be:
1) Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
2) Fable
3) Assassin's Creed
4) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
5) Freedom Fighters

I'm not good with listing my Favorites... Those are just off the top of my head.

Sid Meier is a PC Game Developer Legend. Along Wth Peter Muleunex and Richard Garriot.

I am a very old gamer. Some some these might feel ancient.

1. X-Wing. The only game I finished 3 times in a row, I was totally hooked. I switched from Mac to PC just for this game.

2. X-COm UFO Defense. A perfect blend of strategy, rpg and action.

3. Sid Meier's PIRATES on Apple IIe

4. Diablo.

5. Company of Heroes. The best RTS ever made, no if, and, or but.

Mine are the following

1. Battlefield 2142(Cant seem to play it anymore though because my computer slowly rotted into a cess pool)
2. Battlefield 2 (Gotta have it modded to all hell and usually participate in an MFOTs tournament)
3 GTA IV
4. Shogun - TOTAL WAR (Kind of had an obsession with it after attempting to read Sun Tzu's art of war)
5. Enemy Territory - Quake Wars

Mine are
1. Battlefield 2, and their mods like NAW, and POE, and mostly AIX
2. Call of Duty: United Offensive
3. The Tom Clancy Games, except for splinter cell.
4. Call of Duty 4
5. Command and Conquer: Generals.

There's more like dawn of war and Diablo 2 and Doom 3, but these are my tops.

3. The Tom Clancy Games, except for splinter cell..

Thats understandable... Splinter cell is by far the most boring thing ever to be on a xbox cd. I find pong more exciting than the whole series. Gotta be a fan of the books or something I guess.

Hmm, thats a hard one.

5. STALKER
4. Rise of Nations
3. Rome:Total War
2. Call of Duty 4
1. Fallout

I still play Fallout 1 & 2 a fair bit & CoD 4 goes up because I've played that game over & over online. I love all of the Total War games & have played them since Shogun but Rome would probably be my favourite. Medieval II beats it in gameplay but I prefer the Roman historical period. I get the feeling that Empire:Total War will knock it off as my favourite TW game though. Other honourable mentions go to Rise of Nations for having fun with huge armies (Viva le France!). I just loved the theme for STALKER & the little details of the game (such as the guys playing guitar around the camp sites.

for a freaking scary mess-with-your-mind FPS, F.E.A.R. can't be beat. for the making-you-jump-and-panic FPS, play Doom 3. And of course, if you want a bit of both, definitley play Crysis.

With the mod Oblivion Lost installed STALKER has actually managed to scare me a lot more than FEAR ever did. The atmosphere is perfect. I had to turn the game off when I was caught in a blowout at night and my night vision started going dark as the mutants appeared all around. I was hiding in a basement and hearing way too many weird noises coming my way.

Back