Galloway to go on anti-war tour of US with Jane Fonda

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
Thank God it's not only Italy who has such idiots.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article308466.ece

Mmm look at this:

Galloway%20and%20friends.jpg

Maybe in bad taste but maybe you could start a new reality tv show in New Orleans where galloway n fonda are dropped in the middle n have 2 escape in 24hrs before the gangs, national guard etc find them

Shadowalker said:
Maybe in bad taste but maybe you could start a new reality tv show in New Orleans where galloway n fonda are dropped in the middle n have 2 escape in 24hrs before the gangs, national guard etc find them

:lol: :lol: Mmm Shadowalker does NOT sound Galloway-friendly to me :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :rambo:

i second that!

Journalist Johann Hari poses 15 questions to a supporter of George Galloway.

If you are ever confronted by somebody who supports George Galloway or
has any sympathy for him, here are 15 questions to put to them:

(1) Do you believe Saddam Hussein's genocidal assaults on the Kurds, democrats and Marsh Arabs in 1991 were "a civil war with massive
violence on both sides"?

(2) Would you go on holiday with the foreign minister of a fascist state?

(3) Would you go disco dancing with the foreign minister of a fascist state?

(4) Would you call for the release of the former foreign minister of a fascist state on the grounds that he is "an eminent diplomatic and intellectual person"?

(5) Do you believe Iraqi trade unionists today are "quislings"? Would you dismiss their tearful recollections of torture at the hands of Ba'athists by calling it "a party trick"?

(6) When told about Saddam Hussein's seven palaces in a country where people are "dropping like flies", would you respond by saying, "Our own head of state has a fair bit of real estate herself"?

(7) Do you believe Saddam Hussein is "likely to have been the leader in history who came closest to creating a truly Iraqi national identity, and he developed Iraq and the living, health, social and education standards of his own people"?

(8 ) Do you believe Fidel Castro is "not a dictator, not at all"?

(9) Do you believe the Charity Commission leads "politically inspired witch-hunts"? Do you think it is reasonable that the Mariam Appeal documents have never been handed over for investigation, and are somewhere in an undisclosed location in Jordan where they cannot be viewed?

(10) Do you believe Tony Blair is "waging war on Muslims both at home and abroad", that he is " a crusader", and "he will burn in the hellfires for all eternity"? If so, would you say so in areas of extreme racial tension to audiences of young and angry Muslim men?

(11) Do you believe the Shi'ites Saddam murdered in the 1980s were often "a fifth column" who "actively undermined the Iraqi war effort in the interests of
their country's enemy"?

(12) Do you think it is "unreasonable" to ask a member of parliament to live on less than £150,000 a year?

(13) Would you describe yourself as "a Stalinist" if it didn't "make a rod for my own back"?

(14) Was the day the Soviet Union fell "the worst day of your life"?

(15) When you found out there had been a coup in Pakistan, was your response to declare, "In poor third world countries like Pakistan, politics is too
important to be left to petty squabbling politicians. Pakistan is always on the brink of breaking apart into its widely disparate components. Only the armed forces can really be counted on to hold such a country together ... Democracy is a means, not an end in itself"?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, why don't you oppose George Galloway?

Shadowalker said:
Great idea!
I'll make sure I go out of my way to avoid them wherever they appear.
:twisted:

Aw, let `em go. Maybe they will get to meet some of Alabama's finest and be pulled over for a violation. Full body cavity search comes to mind.

Missileer said:
Aw, let `em go. Maybe they will get to meet some of Alabama's finest and be pulled over for a violation. Full body cavity search comes to mind.

:? Yeah sounds like a touch of southern hospitality :D

phoenix_aim54 said:
Can the US State Dept deny him an entry permit?

On what grounds? This is a free country, 1st amendment and all that. As long as hes not a member of a violent Islamic group like cat Stevens he hasn't done anything wrong. (Other then make certain Senate Conservatives look like an ass, although I consider that a plus :) ).

Anyway, he entitled to speak his mind. Doing it with Fonda is of questionable taste but thats his decision.

mmarsh said:
phoenix_aim54 said:
Can the US State Dept deny him an entry permit?

On what grounds? This is a free country, 1st amendment and all that. As long as hes not a member of a violent Islamic group like cat Stevens he hasn't done anything wrong. (Other then make certain Senate Conservatives look like an ass, although I consider that a plus :) ).

Anyway, he entitled to speak his mind. Doing it with Fonda is of questionable taste but thats his decision.

Visa denials
The most frequent reason given for visa denials is Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act: failure to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent. An applicant must convince a consular officer that he has sufficient “binding ties” to his home country or place of permanent residence that will make him return there after his visit to the United States. Students and applicants from high visa fraud countries are more likely to have their applications denied under 214(b).

Occasionally the consular decision cites Section 221(g): lack of sufficient documentation or information needed to make a determination. In this type of case, there may be a notation that the applicant can reapply with the missing documents. This citation is also used when the processing of the visa is still incomplete or requires a security review before it can be issued.

Another reason for visa denials is a long-forgotten status violation or minor criminal conviction during an earlier visit. For example, an applicant who once overstayed his allowed period of stay might be denied a new visa. A former visitor who was ever convicted of any crime, even with a suspended sentence, may also be denied a visa.

All visa denials are reviewed by the consular officer’s superior and must be accompanied by a written statement citing the reason for the denial. While the decision of the consular officer is final, in many cases, an applicant can reapply for a visa only if he has additional information that was not provided with the previous application. For further information on visa denials and how to reapply for a visa, see the State Department’s page on visa denials.

Causing hate and discontent?

EDIT: Here is the link for that excerpt

http://www7.nationalacademies.org/visas/Traveling_to_US.html#P107_5646

Marinerhodes

Read your own post it says

May be barred if (I summerize)

1. Plans on becoming a resident without cutting ties to past country. (As a Dual National myself I can say that there are loopholes to this).

2. A Criminal Record or overstayed a previous visit

3. Applicants from countries with high Visa Fraud

Being a controversial figure and saying things not popular (by minority at that) is not grounds to barr someone a visa.

mmarsh said:
Marinerhodes

Read your own post it says

May be barred if (I summerize)

1. Plans on becoming a resident without cutting ties to past country. (As a Dual National myself I can say that there are loopholes to this).

2. A Criminal Record or overstayed a previous visit

3. Applicants from countries with high Visa Fraud

Being a controversial figure and saying things not popular (by minority at that) is not grounds to barr someone a visa.

mmarsh, you misinterpeted the intent of marinerhodes post.

He was merely pointing out the reasons required to deny a visa. In fact he questioned the possibility of denial for grounds not included in the cited reference by the following question:
marinerhodes said:
Causing hate and discontent?

mmarsh said:

LOL I never said it was. Someone asked if they could petition to ban him. I just put up the information and made a short comment.

My comment was not an answer to any particular post.

Tomtom

Oh, I see what you mean, I thought he was being sincere.

Marnierhodes

I wasnt accusing you, it was just a statement. I guess you misinterpreted me.

Thats the trouble with forums, sometimes its diffucult to intrepret a posters intent from what is actually written. :roll:

Back