G.I. Jane quotes

CanadianCowgirl

Here's 2 good one's from G.I. Jane:

"I've never seen a wildthing feel sorry for itself. A bird will have fallen frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself. The ebb and flow of the Atlantic tides, the movement of the sun across the ecliptic; these are just a few of the things I control in my world."

" And you know the best thing about pain? It lets you know you're not dead yet."

“Pain is your friend. It is your ally. It lets you know when you are seriously hurt. It keeps you awake. It keeps you angry. It reminds you to finish what you started ,and get the hell home. But you know what the best thing about pain is? It lets you know your not dead yet!” Command Master Chief, GI Jane

Lt. O’neil: Permission to see the master chief
Instructor Pyro: Lt. O’neil to see the master chief (over his shoulder). He’s not here Lt.
LT O’neil: Excuse me Master Chief I was wondering why I made the time when Sgt. Cortez finished before me.
MC: Instructor Pyro educate the Lt.
Instructor Pyro: You got an automatic 30 second deduction. It’s called gender norming O’neil. It’s standard procedure for female recuits.
LT. O’neil: How can it be standard if I’m the only one. Shouldn’t I get the choice.
MC: Stand at attention. Look when I want your opinon I’ll give it to you.

“My grandfather wanted to be a navy man, fire the big guns on the big ships. But the only thing he could ever do was cook. We’re not talking about 100 years ago, we’re talking the US Navy at the end of WW2. You want to know the reason they said my grandfather couldn’t fight for his country. Negroes can’t see at night. They aint got good night vision. So see O’neil I know where your coming from. You’re the new person on the block, you just may have moved in a little to early.”

Lt. Wickwyer: You know I had an apartment this size once.
LT O’neil: We’re going to be ok, aren’t we Wick?
Lt. Wickwyer: I don’t know, I didn’t make it last time. I had a problem with small spaces, but as you can see, I’ve worked that out.
Capture’s:(off in the distance) Are you hurt?
(sounds of one of the guys being beat)
LT: Hey no matter what, don’t let them use me against you.

Sgt. Cortez: You know O’neil, I like you better when you drink.
Lt. O’neil: You know Cortez, I like you better when I drink.

Lt. Wickwyer: ….went out on medical, he’ll get another chance.
Lt. O’neil: Yeah but will he get to finish.
Lt. Wickwyer: I don’t know, if they want you out, they’ll find a way.
Lt. O’neil: I’m still here aren’t I?
Lt. Wickwyer: HOOAH!

Sgt. Cortez: I see the chief and he’s got a buttload of trouble coming our way. Stay calm and don’t get trigger happy you guys. He’s got another 30 feet, he’s drawin’ in. He’s hit, he’s hit! You’ve got to pull it now.
Lt. O’neil: No, he’s in the kill zone.
Sgt. Cotez: He’s hit again, he’s down.
Lt. O’neil: Cover me, I’m going after him.

Man I really do need to get a life, I spent all day watching war movies. TNT rocks though. They had the dirty dozen, GI Jane, A Few Good Men, Three Kings, The Devils Brigade, and We Were Soldier's, all in one day. I sat on my butt all day long, instead of going to ride. Yeah, I defintly need to get a life.

Back