Future plans

c/CPT Horne

Alright...To start things off..Hi. New to posting on these forums but have been browsing them often. Glad to have finnaly gotten around to doing this.

But on topic. I'm currently a junior in Highschool, and was looking for feedback on how I am doing and how my comming plans seem to work.

I am currently a Cadet Captain within my schools JROTC program,LET 5, and making about a 3.5 GPA. I come from a silghtly military linked history, with my grandfather serving as Spec Forces (Sgt. Maj.), retiring, and starting the JROTC program in my area, and my father enlisting and going through ranger school before he messed up his shoulder. I've made up my mind to join the army, because i'm not built for marines...too active for AF (a joke) and white suits on a long tubular structure do not suit me at all. (Sorry...JROTC CSM rubbing off on me)

My ideal future will go as so...I want to become a Topographical Engineer, and do my college, so it looks like I will be going to VA Tech. for the schooling (And the ROTC). but I haven't the slightest clue what else to brace myself for. Any comments or suggestions for me? thank you

Welcome to the Forums Horne

I may be of some value to you. I have 5 years of active duty service as a forward observer, 2 years in the reserves as a combat engineer to include Iraq and am currently in ROTC. You may fire away what questions you may have

Doody

well..fir now..my one question...Is college ROTC more or less the same thing as Officers training school? Thats what My instructors have told me...

oi I feel so welcomed now. Though I wish someone had been able to answer meh question. PM the the answer if you know it.

Back