The Future is Now

That movie started out well, but it went to crap before the end. I don't know about anyone else, but I was disappointed by DOOM the movie.

As far as Space Marines go, the idea is appealing but probably unrealistic. For the time being, it's just too expensive to get into space. Besides that, most of that article seemed to be singing the praises of the V-22. As it relates to the V-22, I'm always a sceptic of new technology until someone demonstrates its superiority. I don't know if I'm seeing a significant advantage to it.

Last edited:
Yeah...I don't think that Marines needs space. We haven't found any living thing like alien or other people in the galaxy not until Area 51 tell us if they keep the UFO or alien bodies there?

Fox said:
Yeah...I don't think that Marines needs space. We haven't found any living thing like alien or other people in the galaxy not until Area 51 tell us if they keep the UFO or alien bodies there?

You utterly and completely failed to read or understand the article.

godofthunder9010 said:
That movie started out well, but it went to crap before the end. I don't know about anyone else, but I was disappointed by DOOM the movie.
The only part I liked about that movie was the FPS-like scene near the end :D

Is this about a re entry vehicle for marines to get to other parts of the world faster, or is it to send them to a future space station?

Hmmm... Orbital Drop Shock troops. The idea has been used in countless Sci-fi storyies. HALO is one of them.

It would be a quick way to drop troops into areas in the future. Right now won't work. But maybe in fifty to 100 years, I see it happening.

Goddamn expensive way to get things done. It costs a fortune just to send a shuttle off to space let alone equipping a marine force. I think we'll bankrupt ourselves eventually by trying to have the upperhand, us and anyone else stupid enough to follow along.

Two hours is when they land...How long would it take a squad to respond to something...It takes NASA months to prepare for a launch. WarMachine makes another good point. Think about cost...I just dont think its feasable right now. Like 5.56 said, maybe in 100 years.

When I saw the title, I was thinking CyberDyne...(Terminator)

The whole point of these vehicles is that they don't cost a fortune and three months to launch. The issue at hand is that they haven't figured a solid way around those two problems. 20-30 years and they'll either have it figured out or they'll have an alternative.

They actually have already flown this machine successfully a few times before it crashed and burnt. It was being flown on remote control when some one else wanted to have a go at landing it and a leg collapsed and it toppled over. This sort of craft was flying about 20 years ago and it was abandoned after that and they went in for the flying some thing that looks more like a flying brick with short stubby wings

Don't think rockets, think space elevators. I know there's still some skepticism about them, but it seems plausible once the proper materials necessary to build them comes along, whenever that will be. Then it might be plausible to transports troops up to a space fort and then send them down in a pod.

Maybe in 50 years this will be plausible but the main point i'm getting at is you can only do it with a small force. Not even a battalion, maybe a platoon or two. Like i said, what good would that do in anything besides embassy defense and the occassional specops mission?

Back