Funny thing about terrorists

One thing I've noticed about the terrorists is, that as much as they hate us, they seem to use our technology. For example:
The hijackers used a flight school in GA to learn how to fly, why not go to Turkey or Iran?

The Sleeper cells seem to use yahoo email

For their hatred of the West they sure seem to use a lot of our technology

Hi,

They will use anything and everything at their disposal ........... and who told you they are particularly Anti West ? :roll:

They are a problem everywhere and they have a problem with everyone whoever dosen't belive in their cause .......... West just recently got Involved now ......... before this west just used to consider them regional problem :roll:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

True, terrorism is often the ultimate expression of both Xenophobia and Religious Bigotry. Making any sense out of what motivates them is pretty impossible.

Lets not forget that one of the most favored targets of terrorism is India: Definitely not a Western nation. They also attack China and Russia, as we have certainly seen. There doesn't seem to be any non-Muslim country that is not targetted, and quite a few Muslim nations are targetted as well. The peaceful members of Islam have the misfortune of having to be associated with those madmen in most people's perceptions.

Swordfish is right they justy caught us off guard.(on 911) they took advantage of our weaknesses while we were unprtected.

fronzz said:
Swordfish is right they justy caught us off guard.(on 911) they took advantage of our weaknesses while we were unprtected.

Your counter intelligence people didn't make could use of their superior technology at the time.

aussiejohn said:
fronzz said:

Your counter intelligence people didn't make could use of their superior technology at the time.

That is a really really really low thing to say if I'm reading you right. Using 9/11 to take a shot at the United States is the fastest way to land you in a hospital with most Americans.

Terrorists love irony, what better than to use the mechanations of your enemy against him? That's their play anyway.

I'm such a bundle of emotions I don't know how to respond.

maybe you just need to recognise that you need to be very very careful when talking about 9/11. To Americans that isn't something from the textbook like Pearl Harbor, it's the murder of our brothers we watched live.

Whispering Death said:

maybe you just need to recognise that you need to be very very careful when talking about 9/11. To Americans that isn't something from the textbook like Pearl Harbor, it's the murder of our brothers we watched live.

OK, I'll be careful.

What I meant was US counter intelligence didn't do a very good (with the superior technology at their disposal) in working together in picking up tell tale signs that an attack might be on. This came out in the recent US investigation findings.

And don't forget, although not in the thousands like the Americans, quite a number of Australians died in the World Trade centre buildings too.

Re-Funny thing about terrorists

They are smart, using some naive foreign countries as bases before launching an attack. This is indeed a global problem. And we will live with it untill the wrong place is bombed and the ppl in those naive foreign countries stands up and tell their leftwing gov to do something about the problem. Terrorists you can find all over Europe and in great numbers. They dont need the western logistics and support to launch an attack, they dont need our advanced technology to destroy our democratic values.

They only need to ride on our naive attitude untill they have overrunned us completely. A few countrys in this world will have a fairly chance to survive as nations. What I find "funny" with this whole terrorist thingy and whats make me question the whole thing is the lack of attacks on western grounds. What are they waiting for? For every day that goes by their chances to overrun this part of the world are shrinking. Are there terrorists or is this whole thing exacty as the leftwing say it is?.

9/11- A modern version of the Reichstag fire 27 feb 1933? To declare a state of emergency? Abolishing civil rights? As with Paul Von Hindenburg to sign the Reichstag Fire Decree. Our modern versions the Patriot Acts 1-2 and soon 3? Is this whole terrorist threat a courtship for the side-scenes? I begin to question the terrorist threat in the west. If they want to attack us they should have done that more often IMO. They are allredy amongs us. And not a thing in 4 years, only new facts about security deficiency. Two things 9/11 and the Madrid bombing.

Okey I know alot of so called attempted attacks have been stoped in Europe but on the same time I find the information around the attempts a little bit to thin to swallow. I dont know, maybe I am on my way to get a bit paranoid. But it sure as hell it dosent feels like the terrorist threat is elevating an inch I tell you.

I only see alot of new laws, alot of new microship, DNA samples and cameras and survilance equipment "smuggled" in through the backdoor all in the name of terrorism. I am no terrorist. I dont want to live as a suspected criminal my whole life just because someone has found a perfect reason to screen perfect "normal law" following citizens. I dont know but I dont see any terrorists running around in my garden I tell you guys. Not enough of them to subject oneself to a reality show.

Just a thought....

Doc.S
:viking:

aussiejohn said:
Whispering Death said:

OK, I'll be careful.

What I meant was US counter intelligence didn't do a very good (with the superior technology at their disposal) in working together in picking up tell tale signs that an attack might be on. This came out in the recent US investigation findings.

And don't forget, although not in the thousands like the Americans, quite a number of Australians died in the World Trade centre buildings too.

Yeah, it is actually quite sad when you think that we had some of the hijackers in FBI custody and we had to let them go for lack of evidence :(

Or that we had the report that they where acting suspicious at a flight school wanting to learn how to take off but not land and our gov't didn't follow up on it because they didn't want it to look like they where racially profiling.

Doc.S I think a lot of Americans are beginning to side somewhat with your sentiments. America as a whole still has a healthy distrust of government and I think a lot of citizens are looking at the PATRIOT act and saying "now how exactly is this helping us?"

This isn't a new phenomenon. From the sedition acts passed just years after the bill or rights to the Gulf Tonkin resolution, America has always had a tug of war between safety and freedom.

i dont think terorists are the least bit funny
they are nutcases who twist and manipulate anything to suit thier goals, they have no physical or morale boundaries, they lack common decency and courtesy. they show no honor and mercy.
yet for all these values they lack, they and thier political string pullers are the first to point out when those who do obey the rules toe the line.
they dont care about morale highgrounds, they just want to inflict terror and try to have thier needs met

god bless the soldiers who fight these :cen: i dont care if i dont agree with the government, i will support you guys all the way

Locke said:
i dont think terorists are the least bit funny
they are nutcases who twist and manipulate anything to suit thier goals, they have no physical or morale boundaries, they lack common decency and courtesy. they show no honor and mercy.
yet for all these values they lack, they and thier political string pullers are the first to point out when those who do obey the rules toe the line.
they dont care about morale highgrounds, they just want to inflict terror and try to have thier needs met

god bless the soldiers who fight these :cen: i dont care if i dont agree with the government, i will support you guys all the way

Agreed

Terroism is the tactics of the weak. It just makes a small group seem more powerful because they can blow up buildings and whatnot. Just look at the domestic terroism America has. Oklahoma City Bombing, the bomber made it seem there was a large group of religious nuts with guns involved to revenge Waco, when in fact it was just one person. Terroism is used as a stalling tactic pretty much to buy time to build up an army that could survie a conventional fight(Viet Cong) or with the use of terroism, the group slowly falls apart.

Edit** The second man escaped my man for the moment, and I was not aware of a 3rd man, all that I have read, the truck was rented in Timothy McVee(sp). However, it still is relevant. An extremely small number making themselves to seem very strong.

Oklahoma City Bombing, the bomber made it seem there was a large group of religious nuts with guns involved to revenge Waco, when in fact it was just one person.

Sorry, grinch, but that's inaccurate. Terry Nichols is well known to have been involved with Timothy McVie. He was tried and convicted of it. It is generally believed that there was also at least one more person involved. The mysterious "third man" who got the truck. We may never know if he existed or if others besides him existed.

There is nothing funny about terrorists. Terrorism is a serious topic to discuss and thousands of bystanders and civilians were killed because of their acts. I don't see the point of implying some sort of sense of humor about this.

Re-Funny thing about terrorists

Whispering Death
Doc.S I think a lot of Americans are beginning to side somewhat with your sentiments. America as a whole still has a healthy distrust of government and I think a lot of citizens are looking at the PATRIOT act and saying "now how exactly is this helping us?"

This isn't a new phenomenon. From the sedition acts passed just years after the bill or rights to the Gulf Tonkin resolution, America has always had a tug of war between safety and freedom.

I do understand that some americans have begun to side with my sentiments, and I know that I am far from alone. I myself was also shocked after the 9/11 attack. I have studied basic psychology in school and I am a trained nurse at emergency care shock/splinter/shot injurys. But when things hit you in the face 16.00 hours in the afternoon you dont think, you see but you dont think at first. When you dont see one singel terrorist running over the 50 yard line in almost 4 years time on your home ground, and they are still talking about new patriot acts and loosed libertys, well then I begin to think twice.

To be a patriot, I think a person need to look further then what the gov may be putting in our mouths, and what the main stream media are paid to show us, (Both Democratic and Republic News that is) And when it comes to the leftwing propaganda, free TV talks about libertys. That is something the leftwing never will understand.

But they sometimes have some points from time to time that is worth to take a look at. Unfortunately these things are always mixed up with political oscillations left/right. When I say this I turn towards both Democrats and Republican ppl out there. The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States, The Bill of Rights, is something ppl need to protect regardless of political disposition.

When the first terror wave hits U.S next time or some other country you guys can tell me if they ever crossed that 50 yard line or not. If not you can turn round and put the pillow over you head and go back to sleep. Whatever you do... Dont let them tread on your libertys anymore. My point is that after some years of retrospect and reflection you begin to think more clearly.

My second thought...

Doc.S
:viking:

Cabal, in English "funny" also has the meaning of "odd" besides just humour. So the topic title means "An odd thing about terrorists".

Back