funny story (depending on your lean!)

chewie_nz

Banned
New Zealand billboard causes stir; Being reviewed

A decision is due to be made today whether a billboard labelling President Bush an 'evil bastard' is appropriate, NZ City of New Zealand reports Monday. The publication provides a few details:

#
The Hell Pizza billboards have been erected around Auckland and Wellington. Half of the poster is taken up with a photo of the president and the other half has the phrase 'Hell: Too Good For Some Evil Bastards.

Outdoor Advertising New Zealand is reviewing who is behind the boards and whether the Advertising Standards Authority needs to become involved.

Hell's media manager, Matthew Blomfield, says they expected to cause a bit of a stir. He says it is meant to provoke discussion and be a little edgy, instead of bland, boring advertising.

Mr Blomfield is hoping reaction will be balanced between those who find it funny and those who are upset by it.
'

s050803-01.jpg

This billboard in Wellington, New Zealand, was defaced

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/New_Zealand_billboard_causes_stir_Being_revie_0807.html

Well I am guessing someone has added the red bits and without those the posters may be a little less inflamatory.

However posters aside that crowd make awesome pizza almost lived off them while based in Wellington.

Should they be removed, no there is a thing called freedom of speech that I imagine NZ has. Overall though i would never ever eat there due to the bill boards.

hells pizza is well known for their "close to the line" advertising...they know their market well.

you see, i would be more likely to eat there because of that billboard...not just because of the sentiment, but because it's different

Heh. As I've said before. I don't care what posters they put up overseas. If they Burn the flag whatever.Matters not to me. However high the level of bad taste and low humor. :roll:

Whispering Death said:
It's good marketing because people in unimportant countries have no great love for our president.

As of 29/7 Bush's popularity is at 44% (Gallup Poll) in the USA.
Does that mean the USA is a 'unimportant country'?

I agree with 03USMC that if anything it is in bad taste but then again, it is NZ and what they do in their own country is really of little concern to me.

As of 29/7 Bush's popularity is at 44% (Gallup Poll) in the USA.
Does that mean the USA is a 'unimportant country'?

Well some people might not support something he did recently but would probally still vote for him, me included. I just dont think a add Describeing our president as "worse than hell" with blood running from the eyes and 666 written across the forehead would work to well here in America.
We finally have a president that looks out for America more than other countrys. This does not make him a popular man overseas.

Well some people might not support something he did recently but would probally still vote for him, me included. I just dont think a add Describeing our president as "worse than h**l" with blood running from the eyes and 666 written across the forehead would work to well here in America.
We finally have a president that looks out for America more than other countrys. This does not make him a popular man overseas.[/quote]

At the end of the Iraq War in April 2003 Bush's popularity was 90%. Its now at 44%. So don't think you can say his rapid popularity decline was recent although it certainly been accerating lately. Keep in mind at the time Bush's popularity last November was about 49-51%. For him to be at 44% means undeniably that certain voters are expressing 'voters regret'. No President has ever won reelection with 44% approval.

He may care about this country, I dont't deny that. He's just doing a lousy job running it. Thats what the poll shows.

Right now i would probally vote no in a poll if I thought he was doing a good job as President. His policys on Immgration and sighning of CAFTA are kinda sad. He should be more focused on how to get armor on our troops in Iraq rather than how fast to get jobs out of the country, and how to make it easier for illegals to scurry across the border.

With that said does it mean i would rather Seantor Kerry be president right now, HECK NO IT DOESNT!

Polls showed that the country was ready to show Bush the door. His record during the first term was abysmal. The problem was the Dems put a smart, yet unemotional stiff as their candidate. Had the Dems put up a more aggressive candidate, Bush would have lost. But be fair, its unknown whether Kerry would have been a good president or not, we will never know.

I judge a President by results. This is why i voted Kerry. The fact is Bush as almost systematically been wrong on everything. From Iraq, to the enviroment, to the economy, to immigration, to schools to you nameit.
The man is just incompetant, and he surrounds himself with people that are even more incompetant then he is.

For example:

Can anyone explain why Rumsfeld hasn't been fired? If you can, Please let John McCain or Chuck Hagel know, because they dont know why either.

whoever they are, thier marketing department has balls to submit it

good on em. not cuz its george, but because there is not enough fun being poked at things, topisc are being taken faaar to seriously and theres not enough laughter. hell (lol) if they put either our PM or the leaer of the opposition, it would evoke the same response from me

way harsh call on the "unimportant" its just plain arrogant

Locke said:
whoever they are, thier marketing department has balls to submit it

good on em. not cuz its george, but because there is not enough fun being poked at things, topisc are being taken faaar to seriously and theres not enough laughter. h**l (lol) if they put either our PM or the leaer of the opposition, it would evoke the same response from me

Hehe yeah and if they put our PM up there it would scare small children, men and animals.

:)

The double standard on this board is kind of sad. Anything Americans do and people disagree with its fine. As soon as American says something or disagree withs something in a foreighn country, its wrong and country bashing. Maybe i said some things i shouldnt have, but i think anything i said hails in comparison to things said about americans on this board.

I apoglize to anyone i offended.

Rabs said:
The poster really shows how unimportant your nation is, couldnt of you just used your own political figures. No, because your figures have no power in the world so its pointless to make fun of them. Its ooooh so much more fun to make fun of someone that close to no-one in your country likes. The fact you even know who Mr. Bush is shows how important he is. I dont know the NZ prime minsiter nor do i particuarlly care. For you all to come in here and say oh its so "ballsey" or "hip" or "great advertiseing" instead of noticeing how truly low-taste and just filthy this "advertisment" is. It kind of proves how us Americans really are the classiest and most moral (besdies the vatican) country in the world. I think if i went out into the streets and burnt up a NZ flag (not that they would know what it looked like) i think people would think it was rather absurd and stupid. Not hip and takes balls of steel.

Yes but to be fair we also know who Saddam Hussien and Kim Jong Il are as well so I dont think its as much a matter of importance and more a matter of notoriety.

As for the argument that NZ is not important well to quote Shakespare thou doth protest too much, methinks. As if it were not all that important you wouldnt waste time on it.

:)

No by all means let him go, a lot of people on these boards have given bans for less I am keen to see how this turns out.

He can do whatever he likes. I'm just sorry he took it for what it was intended for.......Bait. Needs work on IDing MO's.

Back