funny stories needed for TV programme

alice

Hello!
Sorry to come out of the blue like this, but I really need some help and wondered if anyone out there could help. TV production company Shine is making a programme for Sky One about the more humorous and bizarre aspects of army life, the kind of thing people don't normally get to hear about.
If anyone has any stories about bizarre operations or exercises they've had to do, hilarious pranks they've played, strange characters they've known..in any branch of the armed forces...I'd love to hear from you. PLease feel free to give me a call on 0207 313 7023 or e-mail alice.burton@shinelimited.com with a possible view to the story being included in the show.
Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.
Alice Burton
Assistant Producer at Shine

Hi Alice

I moved you question, it was a bit hard to find all the way down there..

Sounds like a real interesting programme, do you have any more information about it?
You should be able to get/find some good stories here, we have several real "interesting" members.. :lol:

But please do not use any stories/info from this site or forum without contacting me and/or the person who has posted it.
(and please post your question only once..)

Thanks
Lars

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.
The programme is for Sky One, a UK satellite channel and as a result our budget can only include stories told by military or ex military who are currently based in the UK or Europe, and by the sounds of it I think you're from the US. We want to create an upbeat show about the army featuring funny anecdotes from wartime and peacetime. Frankly we're open to any stories as long as they make our jaw drop with amazement or make us laugh, just nothing political or dark. Ideally we want to interview people telling the story and we hope to film a dramatic reconstruction of the tale.
If there's anyone you know who would be interested in taking part please pass my message on. Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Wishes
Alice
alice.burton@shinelimited.com

alice said:
and by the sounds of it I think you're from the US

Refering to me? Hm, look at my flag.. ;)
We have members from all over the world here, so you should be able to find some from UK and Europe.

I'll also contact a couple of other guys I know that may be interested.

I am making a fool of myself today, sorry about that. :?
Thanks again for your help and I look forward to hearing from you

Sounds like Mark needs to re-up and try and get stationed at Mildenhall AFB. :lol:

Good luck with your show, ma'am.

Ohhhh Ill re-up alright...kicking and screaming Ill re-up! Not all the beer and broads in Germany would get me to re-up.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark Conley said:
Ohhhh Ill re-up alright...kicking and screaming Ill re-up! Not all the beer and broads in Germany would get me to re-up.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

C'mon Europeans, lets give the nice lady some good stories now..

Mark Conley said:
ahahahahaha no matter how many hillarious stories you posted, THIS is by far the funniest thing you've EVER said! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back