Fungus Resistant Gene in Rice

I often worry about all the stuff we eat because it enters our bodies n gets transported about n eventually becomes part of our DNA...dont you worry? maybe I'm being too literal, lol

Does food become part of our DNA? i think our body just gets what it needs to keep our body going and dumps the rest ( aka turns int into pee-pee or the brown stuff :p )
But i dont think food could alter our DNA. Even our top scientist cant do that ;)

Actually as far as I know the top scientists CAN do that, they just don't.
As for the way food affects the body... I'm not sure if it's because it changes our DNA. Probably more like the other chemicals (whether or natural or not) in the food that affect us in different ways.

Just like anything... it's what you make of it.
But imagine the sort of cost and quality benefits we'd see if they managed to cure genetic diseases.
Personally wouldn't mind being a genetically enhanced soldier!

unijcvd2.jpg

Without getting killed first that is.

Well, i know with the human genome project they have mapped the dna for use against our own dna to find disease. The only problem would most likely be cost. We all react one way or another to ingestion of certain foods ...look at lactose intolerance due to lack of a enzyme ...that sort of reaction can occur in regards to this rice, lol. How will it affect our whole system down the road I'm wondering. hmm...

Sheep have a enzyme in their guts that break it down, lol. Wonder if we can somehow recycle cellulose :-D

Really? I thought they had micro-organisms in their stomach which had the enzyme to break it down but not them directly

Yes, true but didn't want write a novel ,lol. there's another animal too, can't remember which one..:oops: but scientists are probably experimenting on how to apply n use it for us, lol

Solving world hunger would be quite the feat indeed. Solving conflicts would be the best though. Yeah, silly wish :roll:

You know, I knew quite a few people in conflict resolution. Anyone in conflict resolution who is not a lawyer is pretty much wasting his/her time and in the end, it never really resolves conflicts. Just buys time for both sides to rest, rearm and get ready to go at each other again.
Sometimes these folks who go in to resolve a conflict don't realize the parties involved don't want the conflict to be resolved. Sometimes, the conflict itself is the greatest source of their own political legitimacy.

Would be nice then to have just the two leaders go at it in a ring, alone, rather than drag their countries into 'legitimizing' them. :mad: as I said though, is a silly wish. :cry:

Back