Funding Schools - Page 3

View Poll Results :Do Schools Need More Funding?
No, They're Fine 0 0%
Funding for Buildings 2 16.67%
Funding for Sports 1 8.33%
Funding for MR/DD 0 0%
Funding for Gifted 1 8.33%
Funding for Science 5 41.67%
Funding for English 1 8.33%
Funding for History/Geography 6 50.00%
Funding for Math 4 33.33%
Funding for Technology 7 58.33%
Get Rid of No Child Left Behind! 7 58.33%
Keep NCLB 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 9th, 2008  
The Other Guy

200+

Ohio
June 9th, 2008  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Where are you two from? Your schools sound worse than even the smallest backwater country school in South Dakota. What is your class size, seven?
Louisiana, 18/282.
June 9th, 2008  
major liability

I voted for Science, Technology, and Math because these fields are incredibly important to the future of America, and other countries are catching up to us.

I was in a New York public high school not long ago. I think it's ranked 5 out of all the public high schools in America. We had nice facilities and everything we need (I guess that's to be expected in a high tax area like this), but there were still tons of kids who didn't do well. Why? Because they didn't feel like it, they weren't motivated, and they were busy doing unrelated things in their free time. At least to me the problem seemed to be the students and the useless academic trivia covered in the curricula that invites boredom and apathy. We need more hands-on, practical learning, and we need students who actually give two shits.
--
Boots
June 28th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Well, I'm in a really low-tax area that wants to keep it that way, so they won't vote for levys that would give my district funding to, say, build a new High School.