Fully Automatic Shotgun - Page 2

--

October 17th, 2004  
SOT_II

Neither were designed for anything but CQB and suppressive fire on area targets.

It is a US designed weapon, done so by Maxwell Atchisson. It was licensed to be produced by Dewoo.

All part of a lead up to the CAWS program...which has recently be restarted.

USAS prototype circa 1978
October 17th, 2004  
A Can of Man

That photograph is very old, but yeah no matter what the cover they use, it often looks like an M-16 on steroids. Usually they also have a large, oversized carry handle.

Combat shot guns are useful in heavily wooded areas and also in urban combat. They don't require much accuracy and pack a good punch. They were used in Vietnam and still have roles to play in many armies and police forces.
October 17th, 2004  
SOT_II

Of course it's old it was taken in the '70's and that prototype doesn't even exist anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
That photograph is very old, but yeah no matter what the cover they use, it often looks like an M-16 on steroids. Usually they also have a large, oversized carry handle.

Combat shot guns are useful in heavily wooded areas and also in urban combat. They don't require much accuracy and pack a good punch. They were used in Vietnam and still have roles to play in many armies and police forces.
--
October 17th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Just saying, that it doesn't look like that anymore.

Here's some recent pics:

October 17th, 2004  
SOT_II

If you show me a picture of mine...I'm going to be upset

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Just saying, that it doesn't look like that anymore.

Here's some recent pics:

October 18th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I dunno about anybody else, but I can't see a damn thing there.
October 18th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Comes out alright to me.
October 21st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well regardless of what I can't see there, I think that I'd go with the Jackhammer or the USAS12 as my shortranged boomstick-from-hell of choice. Seriously, firing 8-12 rounds of 00 buckshot in a matter of only a few seconds ... it would just be something I'd love to experience.
October 21st, 2004  
Marksman

never trusted a shotgun
October 21st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

They have their uses. Use flechette ammo and you're filling the air in front of you with kevlar piercing deadly projectiles. You just begin with the understanding that its a secondary weapon, usable in very specific circumstances. Assault rifle remains the king under the vast majority of circumstance.