Full Metal Jacket Trivia

Fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis...

What is found in Pyles footlocker by Hartman?

Last edited:
PVT Joker wears a peace button.

The song is Hello Vietnam, sung by Johnnie Wright

Who was supposed to receive a Section Eight, and why?

Joker thinks Pyle is a section 8 before Pyle commits suicide and Crazy F**ker (or Hand Job?) for having a "self-pleasure" problem.

What was the official body count in the mass grave by the Phu Cam canal?

We think 20 lol mabey. What did joker say his reason was for not letting rafter man of into the field with him.

I know this isn't quite the form but I was in the film - must have been made about 1988/89 if I remember correctly. I got paid £50 for my part.

What ruined the film for me, a lot of it was shot at the old Beckton Gasworks near London. If the film is watched closely, the old cars and trucks burnt out or othwerwise destroyed were of old British manufacture and palm tree's were planted in rubbish skips.

Last edited:
The first half of the film in the barracks was filmed at Bassingbourn Bks - a lot of the vietnam scenes were filmed in East Anglia

Some of the City scenes were supposed to have been filmed in the Docklands before they rebuilt it. Us extra's all went to see the film as soon as it was out at the cinema. We quite disgusted that we watched it all through and never got to see ourselves LOL

Bassinbourn

I seem to remember that outside station HQ at Bassinbourn there was an arch or something that was built at Changi by POW's, is it still there?

PVT Joker wears a peace button.

The song is Hello Vietnam, sung by Johnnie Wright

Who was supposed to receive a Section Eight, and why?

The Guy's nickname was Hand Job. And as Private Cowboy said, "Last week he was sent down to Da Nang to see the Navy head shrinker, and the crazy f:cen:er starts jerking off in the waiting room."

Back