Full Metal Jacket Trivia

Thats correct.

Next uestion: What was joker trying to suggest when he wore a peace button on his jacket, but had "born to kill" on his helmet? Answer this one like Joker did.

This thanks to the IMDB database...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?
Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Where'd you get it?
Private Joker: I don't remember, sir.
Pogue Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?
Private Joker: "Born to Kill", sir.
Pogue Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Private Joker: No, sir.
Pogue Colonel: You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant shit on you.
Private Joker: Yes, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.
Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.
Pogue Colonel: The what?
Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?
Private Joker: Our side, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?
Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my Marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.
Private Joker: Aye-aye, sir.

I'm gunna have to give it to DiverVan.
"I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir."

From now on, I don't want a whole script though. I only want the exerpt with the answer.

I'm sorry everyone, But I'm going to be away for a while. The Trivia is temporarily closed untill either I, or NCDT Steliga get back. Have an awsome summer everyone. I hope none of you end up getting forest fires in your region.

p.s. If you answer the previous question, the first person will get 5 milbucks when one of us gets back.

Guess what? I'm back from my vacation...sort of. I'm still in BC, but I've got easier access to the Net from here. Anywho, it looks like the Trivia is up and running again.

I would like to take this time to personally thank aircadets4eva for running the Trivia while I was away.

Now, onto business. It seems that no-one has answered the last question. I hope that my return to duty will encourage you to keep up with the answering. Good Luck!

Ah, don't worry about it. I still encourage everyone to try to answer the last posted question. If it's not answered by tomorrow at 1300hrs Altantic Time, I'll post the answer and a new one might be posted. I no longer have access to the movie so questions will be based strictly on my memory of the move, which is quite extensive since I've basically memorized half of that movie.

Aw crap....looks like I wasn't around as much as I thought. I got rather busy here at RMC Prep Year.

Anyway, here's the answer to the last question:

Rafterman is so bitter about not being in the field because he believes a high school girl could do his job. He wants to get into the shit, and get some 'trigger time'.

Next question for those still interested:

With what hand does G/Sgt. Hartman hit Pvt. Pyle with first during drill?

Congratulations Afc939. Welcome to the Forums, by the way.

Next question:

How many smoke grendades do Joker and Animal Mother throw during the Sniper scene?

Another one for Afc939. Good work.

Next question:

During the time when Pvt. Pyle screwed up....as per usual, when everyone was doing the "jump down, kick legs out, jump back up" excercise, what number where they on when the scene first popped up*?

*The number that was called out, not the one before that.

Back