full body armour suit ready for trials in Iraq - Page 3

--

June 16th, 2005  
soldierzhonor

-No plates in the legs because the legs usually dont stick out of the turret-

There was a CPP that was hit by a VBIED here and the entire crew survived but was pretty rattled. The vehicle was blown back 40 feet. Survivability is getting better and better. Our own gun trucks were hit by a daisy chain. Noone was injured and the vehicles blew straight through. The only thing that hurt anyone was it got one man to start smoking lol. Now the CROWS system is in country and will be started to be given out to increase survivability of soldiers. Better body armor, better protection and reduction of danger to the troops, they are doing what they can for us over here as far as protection. We lost a soldier in our BN to an IED because of hillbilly armor on an old 916. The armor sustained the blast but a piece of the blast went over the angled window piece and under the kevlar rim. Now new armor is showing up for the 923's. If they want to cover the body with armor, they really should do something for the legs for the dismounts. Im not a dismount, Im a gunner on a gun truck, would the dismounts want the extra armor for protection, or would it be a considerable burden with the added weight?
June 18th, 2005  
TMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierzhonor
would the dismounts want the extra armor for protection, or would it be a considerable burden with the added weight?
I'd rather be able to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Basically what I'm saying is that the suit is supposed to offer protection when outside the vehicle. If the entire vehicle is destroyed than obviously the body armor isn't supposed to defend against that level of threat.
I was under the impression that the armor was for the gunners while they were mounted. If this were for protection while dismounted it wouldn't be 40 lbs, it wouldn't have AC, and it wouldn't be so restrictive.
June 18th, 2005  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
oh god, i bet it will be heavy....
It ways in at 40 lbs. Is that heavy?

PS I'm not being sarcastic or anything
Don't know, whats that in KGs?
--
June 19th, 2005  
Wallabies

Around 19-20 kg.
June 26th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

In my spare time I've been inventing things. Some things even, for saving the needless killing in Iraq. I've even built working prototypes, though crude, they work.

Unfortunatly America, China, and other countries to my knowledge, have an addiction to oil, and only listen to other wealthy countries.

If you soldiers who fight wars need armor, and are tired of seeing your friends head getting blown off, then you should tell your leaders they should invest in the science of powered armor, or PASD. (Personal Armored Security Device) This would be great for the soldiers protecting someone important.

Powered for motion assist. Your basic soldier wouldn't be able to move it without it.

The above is something I thought up of, and made. It's not apart of my government because it's useless to us, but I see it's perfect for you "second*" world countries out there.

* joke
June 27th, 2005  
CSmaster

some Iraqis' body armors are apparently made in China
June 27th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

I'm not just talking about upper armor. I'm talking full armor. A full inch thick of plated steel that encloses the entire body. Heads up display shows statistics of the armor.

I guess the bad thing is you wouldn't be able to get out easy.
June 27th, 2005  
CSmaster

well, using 30 min to wear or take off the body armor is still better than being killed.
June 27th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

I suppose. Maybe I'll give my invention over to a country I feel has used there assets wisely. I don't want any profit from it though. Money is useless here.
June 27th, 2005  
CSmaster

http://www.anyboard.net/gov/mil/anyb...2221834559.jpg

is this dude wearing a body armor?