fuel scoffing us pick ups

Unimog is great vehicle,van go anywhere you need it to go.Pingauzer is remarkable.My dad owns TAM 150 and GAZ-63 boath great truck,very reliable,and able to go trough any terrain.

@redneck
nice monster :D
but here nobody would use such a car for work. Its too precious. they would use some mercedes oder volkswagen trucks, that were designed for work. not pretty but usefull.
what kind of fuel do your trucks use? diesel?

After driving across this country twice, I know that a lot of it is spread far and wide. People do need larger vehicles and off road vehicles. City driving is really not the major usage of roads. In the cities, a lot of folks have SUV's, and I don't see evidence of too many of 'em going off road. My guess is they feel a deficit somewhere in their lives and have to look like the big dog! Especially with all the desk jockeys around. A lot of company executives get 'em, because there are tax limits to what a company can provide for them in perks, and for some reason, SUV's are exempt.

Pollux said:
@redneck
nice monster :D
but here nobody would use such a car for work. Its too precious. they would use some mercedes oder volkswagen trucks, that were designed for work. not pretty but usefull.
what kind of fuel do your trucks use? diesel?

I'd say about half and half diesel and gas (mine is gas). I've never actually seen a Mercedes truck on this side of the Atlantic, I guess there isn't much market for foreign trucks in the country where Ford, Dodge, and Chevy live. :lol:

And welcome back, Janie. :D

Redneck said:
you ever seen the prices in Europe? They're paying around $6 or $7 dollars per gallon, we got it easy compared to them.
Just did a little math, we're paying $5.868 per gallon at the moment... That kind off explains why those big American cars aren't to popular around here... :D

1217 said:
In the states a Mercedes is a way of showing your status, here it's a cab...

:lol: Well they don't export the cheap ones.
But that was kind of interesting, my first time in Europe, the first Mercedes I saw was a garbage truck.

Redneck said:
:lol: Well they don't export the cheap ones.
But that was kind of interesting, my first time in Europe, the first Mercedes I saw was a garbage truck.

Mercedes make garbage trucks? :shock: Now thats just strange for me to hear. Alot of people i know drive merecedes. :roll:

they make everything that drives on wheels
they have a big section that mmakes trucks for any work you can imagine

Locke said:
down here, a truck is a huge thng, generally with at least 6 wheels
a pickup is what you do when u see a good looking female!!! :lol:

we can get our learners liscence at 16, which requires a fully liscenced drive to be in control (ie not drunk, drugged) and in the car. we can get our probationary liscence at 18, and you can drive by yourself. you can get your full liscence after having had your probationary liscence for 3 years.

1.5 years down, 1.5 to go till my full liscence!! w0000t :lol:

Back