fuel scoffing us pick ups - Page 3

--
Boots

June 2nd, 2004  
Marksman

Unimog is great vehicle,van go anywhere you need it to go.Pingauzer is remarkable.My dad owns TAM 150 and GAZ-63 boath great truck,very reliable,and able to go trough any terrain.
June 2nd, 2004  
Pollux

@redneck
nice monster
but here nobody would use such a car for work. Its too precious. they would use some mercedes oder volkswagen trucks, that were designed for work. not pretty but usefull.
what kind of fuel do your trucks use? diesel?
June 2nd, 2004  
Janie

After driving across this country twice, I know that a lot of it is spread far and wide. People do need larger vehicles and off road vehicles. City driving is really not the major usage of roads. In the cities, a lot of folks have SUV's, and I don't see evidence of too many of 'em going off road. My guess is they feel a deficit somewhere in their lives and have to look like the big dog! Especially with all the desk jockeys around. A lot of company executives get 'em, because there are tax limits to what a company can provide for them in perks, and for some reason, SUV's are exempt.
--
Boots
June 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux
@redneck
nice monster
but here nobody would use such a car for work. Its too precious. they would use some mercedes oder volkswagen trucks, that were designed for work. not pretty but usefull.
what kind of fuel do your trucks use? diesel?

I'd say about half and half diesel and gas (mine is gas). I've never actually seen a Mercedes truck on this side of the Atlantic, I guess there isn't much market for foreign trucks in the country where Ford, Dodge, and Chevy live.

And welcome back, Janie.
June 2nd, 2004  
DTop

Check out http://www.unimog.net/ for unimogs.
June 2nd, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

I don't even think them things would stand a chance in the United States... No one would want them...
June 2nd, 2004  

In the states a Mercedes is a way of showing your status, here it's a cab...
June 2nd, 2004  
Marksman

LOL here too,a lot of fency metal is being driven around here
June 4th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
you ever seen the prices in Europe? They're paying around $6 or $7 dollars per gallon, we got it easy compared to them.
Just did a little math, we're paying $5.868 per gallon at the moment... That kind off explains why those big American cars aren't to popular around here...
June 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
In the states a Mercedes is a way of showing your status, here it's a cab...
Well they don't export the cheap ones.
But that was kind of interesting, my first time in Europe, the first Mercedes I saw was a garbage truck.