fuel scoffing us pick ups - Page 2

--
Boots

June 1st, 2004  
Pollux

a truck is something you need a special driving licence for....
June 1st, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Not here you don't. Unless you mean a semi-truck (those giant cabs pulling giant containers behind them). Dang language barrier.

I heard that in Germany it is much harder to obtain a driver's license. In America it is very very easy. There are 16 years olds with licenses. Is that right about Germany?

Has anyone heard anything new about the hydrogen cars? I remember in the last State of the Union Address Bush emphasised a transition to hydrogen as a fuel.
June 1st, 2004  
Locke

down here, a truck is a huge thng, generally with at least 6 wheels
a pickup is what you do when u see a good looking female!!!

we can get our learners liscence at 16, which requires a fully liscenced drive to be in control (ie not drunk, drugged) and in the car. we can get our probationary liscence at 18, and you can drive by yourself. you can get your full liscence after having had your probationary liscence for 3 years.

1.5 years down, 1.5 to go till my full liscence!! w0000t
--
Boots
June 2nd, 2004  
Pollux

yeah in germany you have to be 18 and you have to pass a theotetical and a pratical test.
does anyone of you know the unimog?
June 2nd, 2004  
Darkmb101

Well here in the great driving/polluting state of California, most ppl drive and a good precentage of us drive the biggest gas guzzlers of all SUVs. Another thing most gas stations are never empty and they over charge for gasoline nearly $3 per gallon.

Quote:
What is a unimog
i know what it stands for but wat is it?
June 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Another thing most gas stations are never empty and they over charge for gasoline nearly $3 per gallon.
First, where the heck are you getting your gas?
Second, you ever seen the prices in Europe? They're paying around $6 or $7 dollars per gallon, we got it easy compared to them. Of course one of my friends just got back from Venezuala and told me it cost about $.26 per gallon down there, almost makes it worth while to rent an oil tanker, huh?
June 2nd, 2004  
Darkmb101

Irvine

Nope

Hmm i wish i could do that.
June 2nd, 2004  
Pollux

that is an unimog
http://www.mercedes-benz.com/omb/d/e...p_unimog_4.htm

and if someone needs to go offroads often and has to transport things
that would be his first coice
June 2nd, 2004  
Darkmb101

i personally hate square looking vehicles. They look like big metal boxes on wheels. But thats not the point.
June 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux
that is an unimog
http://www.mercedes-benz.com/omb/d/e...p_unimog_4.htm

and if someone needs to go offroads often and has to transport things
that would be his first coice
You can bet your bottom dollar that it wouldn't be MY first choice, Sir, I think this is much more appropriate:

http://photos.thedieselstop.com/show...hp?photo=11581

Plus if I was driving a Mercedes, all the other cowboys would make fun of me.