Ft Hood shootings

I think he was a typical nut who ended up embracing radical Islam.
His actions are consistent with those of a typical nut.

Either way, remember the fallen.

I think he was a typical nut who ended up embracing radical Islam.
His actions are consistent with those of a typical nut.

Either way, remember the fallen.

I think so too. I think Major Hasans problems were deeper than your typical religious nut. I think he was a very tormented individual whose last grasp on reality was to cling on to warped view of religion.

And I am sorry to say he is far from the first (of any religion) to have done this. They guy that killed the Abortion doctor a few months ago was another example. A loon who basically turned to religion as the answer to his lunacy.

Yeah Marsh we know what Allaha Akbar, Aluah akbahr and all the varations mean. Despite your attempts to " educate" us some of us have heard it before things go boom and while things went zing around our heads. So actually you can save the course in Islam cause we've had it.

A muslim , at least the ones I know consider their Koran theirs they give it to a loved one at death. So the question is how many Muslims do you know?

You really want this not to be about Islam. sorry it is about islam to a great extent.

Yeah, killing people while saying that line isn't exactly SOP. I don't think they'd say that while killing someone in a fight over some kind of domestic dispute. That would probably sound more like the Arabic version of, "DIEE!!!!!"
But like I said, though he did turn to radical Islam, his actions actually have more in common with the VA Tech shootings than actual radical Islamic traitors. A typical radical Islamic traitor would have been like that guy in the Navy years back who gave away information about where the fleet was headed etc. To have sources within your enemy organization is priceless.
Imagine we had a guy inside Al Qaeda or the Taliban and he wanted to "shoot 'em up." We'd stop him from giving himself away at all costs.

Granted I don't think this clown was AQ, Taliban, Hamas, Hezbulla or PLA. I do think he was influenced by the teachings.

But I don't need someone without sand in their boots educating me. I understand what happens I,ve been on the not nice end.

At some level it is Islam and to deny that is pollannaisy to the worst degree.

Allah Akbar is akin to saying to Westerners saying "God Bless You". It means nothing in and of itself.

And if we are going to declare war on Radical Islam we ought to declare war on all radicals in religion, last I checked Jim Jones and David Koresh were NOT muslims.

I find it curious that the suspect never displayed anger toward the army, to American policy in the Arab World, or ever once talked of using violence. That doesn't sound like your radical Islamist. We do know that he was extremely tormented individual on a personal level, that has been verified.

I give up on you. It is not akin to saying god bless you when you yell it before opening fire. I've never heard anyone say anything like that. Look up all the beheadings carried out by Al Qaida. Look up all the taped suicide bombings. Look up all the taped IED attacks on US forces. They yell it before every attack. To deny the truth when it's sitting in front of you is just ridiculous. As a soldier and a guy who listens to other's war trauma, he would have obviously known the terror soldiers feel when they hear someone yell that with a gun in their hands since that frequently initiates a brutal attack. Still sound like a coincidence?

Jim Jones and David Koresh did not shoot up an army installation. How in the hell can you say that he never once displayed anger at the Army or US policy? His coworkers and former fellow students all say that he did. Try actually reading the news. He called the war on terror a "war on Islam".... how is that not against US policies?? Stop making up excuses.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091108/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_shooting

People have come out and said that they aren't surprised that he did it, and that the system failed. Do you know why nobody tried to stop him? Fear. Fear that if you say that a muslim named Hasan may be planning an attack, that you will be called a racist and a religious intolerant. A lot of people just died for political correctness. Once again, NOBODY is saying that every muslim feels the way he did, but think about something. Look at most of the terrorist organizations in the world today, and tell me what they have in common. AQ, GIA, GSPC, Islamic Jihad, Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, Al-Ummah, Black September, MEK, PLF, 'Asbat al-Ansar, Hezbollah, Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, HAMAS, PIJ, HUA, HUM, Jaish-e-Mohammed, Lashkar-e-Tayyiba. Abu Sayyaf, PAGAD, PLFP, PLFP-GC, Jammat ul-Fuqra, Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan... there groups only have 2 things in common. They are terrorists and they are muslims. This idealogy is sweeping the world, and the only thing you can compare these religious fanatics to is some insignifigant cult leader with a small and meaningless following of idiots? Normal people do not beleive what David Koresh said, but people all over the world beleive what Bin Laden says. You tell me which ideology is more dangerous. The one thing on here that I will agree with is likening Hasan to the type of guy who shoots up an abortion clinic because he thinks it's God's will. That is precisely the same type of ideology that I'm refering to.

Or maybe you could look at the Department of State listing for signifigant terrorist attacks http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/pubs/fs/5902.htm

Start at 2003, and work your way backwards, and let me know if you see a pattern. I find it odd that a guy who works in France (which is simultaneously Europe's largest Muslim community, and one of it's most oppressive) feels the need to lecture others. Isn't it France that wants to ban traditional Muslim dress in public? Aren't muslim headscarves banned in schools? Isn't it France that went about deporting Imams based on perceived hate speech? Wasn't it in France in 2001 where ultranationalists burned down a mosque? Stop pointing fingers at the US because we don't treat people that way in our country. We instead smile and nod and pretend everything is going to be ok right up until they slaughter us, and even then we make excuses for them. If all the muslims religious groups in the world who preached violence were instead a political party, they would be hunted down and destroyed (i.e. Nazis). They are quite effectively using their religious beleifs as a shield and a unifying force in their worldwide struggle, and preying on people's guilt and political correctness as a means to prevent their own destruction. With that, I give up on this thread. I will not change your mind. Not all muslims are bad, but look at the world today and open your eyes.

Last edited:
dam if i wasn't so lazy (atm) i would put my opinion which largely goes against what most have said but oh well to much quoting involved...

Was the reports of 2 arrests @ the time of the attack just false reports? Haven't heard any more about it. What Terrorist acts did David Koresh commit? Does defending themselves (legally/illegally) from a Govt attack count?

Yeah Marsh we know what Allaha Akbar, Aluah akbahr and all the varations mean. Despite your attempts to " educate" us some of us have heard it before things go boom and while things went zing around our heads. So actually you can save the course in Islam cause we've had it.

A muslim , at least the ones I know consider their Koran theirs they give it to a loved one at death. So the question is how many Muslims do you know?

You really want this not to be about Islam. sorry it is about islam to a great extent.

How many Muslims do I know? Well lets see: Since I'm in Europe (where there are many) and your're somewhere in Middle America (where there are few) I am going to guess: -quite a lot more than you do. Not only that, I have friends and colleagues at work who are Muslim. But by your logic, when a Japanese cries "banzai" that must automatically mean he's going into a Samurai suicide charge right? Its the same principal. Because *obviously* that's the only possible meaning of the word.

And if you want an example from personal experiance. I had a colleague once shout "Allah Akbar" at work when he found out his wife had given birth. And funny enough, he didn't have a bomb strapped to himself at the time. He must have forgotten it.

This isn't about Islam (not in a any serious sense), its about a seriously screwed up individual who was a nutcase without the religious aspect to it and would have probably acted the way he did even if he were not a Muslim. But because he WAS a Muslims, that automatically explains it. After all, Islam is so violent and Christianity and Judiaism are so "peaceful", right? You could fill an ocean with the amount of blood Christians have split over the centuries.

19kilo30K4

Well, then I would say you haven't been around too many Muslims. I have heard it at political meetings, at marriage ceremonies, births, in religious speeches (not the extremist ones), etc. And yet this common phrase in Arabic is automatically assumed by misinformed Americans to be some suicide battle cry. What I am saying: its a very common phrase that can mean alot of different things and that in and of itself its meaningless.

No, but they (Koresh, Jones) did use the name of God to justify their actions. And yet nobody comes down on radical Christianity now do they? Or are we only going to count the massacres committed by non-Christians/Jews as unacceptable. Its Hypocrisy.

I have colleagues who think that the US invasion of Iraq is a war on Islam that too is a pretty common opinion amongst Muslims. I don't agree with it, but it doesn't suggest that they are terrorists either.

You are so wrong about comparing France to America. The French Headscarf ban had nothing to do with being anti-Islamic, it has to do with protecting the French Secular State. The same laws that apply to Muslims also apply to Jews and Christians, its just the Muslims were the most vocal against these laws. But the ban applied to everyone. Don't think for one second that the French are more prejudice than in America. There is far more prejudice in America than in the entirety of Europe and you can take that from someone who knows best.

George

Yeah I forgot what a law abiding sane citizen David Koresh was. After all he wasn't stockpiling illegal weapons, he didn't believe himself to be the Messiah, and he wasn't accused of multiple counts of sexual child abuse, polygamy, and various other crimes. He was merely defending himself from those nasty government types right? RIIIIGHT. But if we use the same logic as we are using in this case, then obviously the fault isn't on some screwed up drifter, obviously the real fault is on Christianity itself.

Last edited:
19kilo30K4

Well, then I would say you haven't been around too many Muslims. No, but they (Koresh, Jones) did use the name of God to justify their actions. And yet nobody comes down on radical Christianity now do they? Or are we only going to count the massacres committed by non-Christians/Jews as unacceptable. Its Hypocrisy.

I have colleagues who think that the US invasion of Iraq is a war on Islam that too is a pretty common opinion amongst Muslims. I don't agree with it, but it doesn't suggest that they are terrorists either.

Ugh I hate to keep coming back to this but you're not making any sense. I haven't been around many muslims? I've lived in Iraq for 37 months you moron. Stop bringing up Koresh and Jones. Koresh thought he WAS Jesus. Does that line up with radical Islamic beleifs? Bin Laden is not claiming to be Mohammed reincarnated is he? Hardly anyone outside of Waco TX had anything to do with Koresh or beleived him so I fail to see how comparing one idiot to the worldwide Islamic militant trends is even remotely valid. The reason nobody comes down on radical Christianity that wa is because radical Christians haven't killed thousands of civilians and soldiers this past decade and radical Islam has. To say that is incorrect is hypocrisy. Do I think all American foreign policy in the middle east has been fair? No. Do I think many arabs have good reason to hate America? Sure I do. Do I think we should ever have even come to Iraq in the first place? No, not really. I'm not going to sit around and make excuses that justify radical Islam because I don't want to beleive the truth. I'm seriouly done talking on the subject. When the guy wakes up from his coma, then I'll talk about this again. All I want to know is this, if he wakes up and at his trial claims that it was about a religious statement, THEN will you admit it was about islam? You have to beleive that all around the world there were muslims celebrating this guy in the same way they celebrated 9/11. Are you saying that Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist because he used a bomb instead of a gun? This wasn't about him being wronged, it was a political/religious statement. That makes it terrorism. How many people do you have to kill with what size explosion before you admit that it was an attack designed to shock the Army and cause terror? Take your head out of the sand. I'm seriously done on the subject now because arguing with a guy in denial in a "secular" country is absolutely pointless. I guess it's fine to deny people their religious freedoms if you're protecting your secularism, but not if you're protecting your life. Get real.

If it walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck...... it must be a frog. Thats great that you know muslims. Since you work with muslims and go to social getherings with them that absolutely makes you an expert. You are also a expert on troops too right? You understand what our discipline is like and how the mindset of a soldier works. Maybe the US government should contract you to help us with this war, we are pretty confused over here. Or maybe you don't know ****.

Last edited:
Ugh I hate to keep coming back to this but you're not making any sense. I haven't been around many muslims? I've lived in Iraq for 37 months you moron. Stop bringing up Koresh and Jones. Koresh thought he WAS Jesus. Does that line up with radical Islamic beleifs? Bin Laden is not claiming to be Mohammed reincarnated is he? Hardly anyone outside of Waco TX had anything to do with Koresh or beleived him so I fail to see how comparing one idiot to the worldwide Islamic militant trends is even remotely valid. The reason nobody comes down on radical Christianity that wa is because radical Christians haven't killed thousands of civilians and soldiers this past decade and radical Islam has. To say that is incorrect is hypocrisy. Do I think all American foreign policy in the middle east has been fair? No. Do I think many arabs have good reason to hate America? Sure I do. Do I think we should ever have even come to Iraq in the first place? No, not really. I'm not going to sit around and make excuses that justify radical Islam because I don't want to beleive the truth. I'm seriouly done talking on the subject. When the guy wakes up from his coma, then I'll talk about this again. All I want to know is this, if he wakes up and at his trial claims that it was about a religious statement, THEN will you admit it was about islam? You have to beleive that all around the world there were muslims celebrating this guy in the same way they celebrated 9/11. Are you saying that Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist because he used a bomb instead of a gun? This wasn't about him being wronged, it was a political/religious statement. That makes it terrorism. How many people do you have to kill with what size explosion before you admit that it was an attack designed to shock the Army and cause terror? Take your head out of the sand. I'm seriously done on the subject now because arguing with a guy in denial in a "secular" country is absolutely pointless. I guess it's fine to deny people their religious freedoms if you're protecting your secularism, but not if you're protecting your life. Get real.

Lets try to disagree like adults without personal insults shall we? The "Moron" comment was uncalled for. I didn't insult you, so show some courtesy, not to mention the fact that flaming is against the rules here. I am not telepathic, nor did I ask you for your autobiography, so no I wouldn't have known your past would I? Ill be nice, and ignore it this time, the next time I will report you. Make sure you are absolutely clear on this before you respond. There have many people here in the past who didn't realize that the "no flaming" rule actually applies to them.

Sorry but I don't think Serving in Iraq as part of an occupational force is the same thing as really "knowing" a certain type people. Thats not intended as a slight, but War zones tend to be a bad place to really learn and understand a culture (bad for everything IMHO). That's my opinion.

If the guy wakes up and says I am working for AL-QAEDA or some other breakthrough then yes I will. But right now there is little evidence to suggest that this had to do with radical Islam, the evidence seems to suggest a seriously troubled person who may have clinged to religion it his madness as Redneck stated.

The reason I keep bringing up Koresh and Jones is to illustrate that A) Violence in the name of religion is not solely to be laid at Islams feet, B) that others of other failths have hijacked religion in bouts of their personal insanity. What I am arguing against is the "Oh he's a muslim, ergo hes a radical Islamic terrorist" association that has been suggested here. And the feeling the only Muslims commit such types of crimes. Anybody who really thinks that needs to read up what the Christian Serbs did to the Muslims in Kosovo 10 years ago.

What I am saying is that that this guy was a nut who happened to be Muslim. Which is what seems to be the case unless evidence shows otherwise.

I do know that all the evidence "presented" here is really more than here say because the Army has confirmed very little.

In fact General Casey just stated to avoid speculation about the suspects faith.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hDlRkRffovJlX8OT05h89h3zfgWwD9BRD07G3

BigZ

What on earth are you ranting on about? I didn't say anything about US soldiers or about the war. Lets focus on the subject instead of going off on wild tangents that weren't even mentioned. The fact that this happened on a Army base is almost besides the point, if this had happened in a shopping mall the facts would still be the same aside from the location. The fact remain a crazed gunmen killed a bunch of innocent people. That's it.

Last edited:
What on earth are you ranting on about? I didn't say anything about US soldiers. Lets focus on the subject instead of going off on wild tangents that weren't even mentioned. The fact that this happened on a Army base is almost besides the point, if this had happened in a shopping mall the facts would still be the same.

This act was commited by a soldier. You are not a soldier and you do not understand the dynamics of being a soldier. Maybe you should pay a little more attention? You have soldiers making comments about another soldier and you are not listening. You seem to think you are a subject matter expert.

Soldiers in a combat zone have a flawed understanding of islamic radicalism? Did you really just say that? You are telling men who have lived with these people for years that they do not understand? Fought beside them and been injured by them but they do not understand how islam works right? Obviously living with muslims in their own country is not on the level of working with a few of them and going to a social gethering.... Get a clue.

This act was commited by a soldier. You are not a soldier and you do not understand the dynamics of being a soldier. Maybe you should pay a little more attention? You have soldiers making comments about another soldier and you are not listening. You seem to think you are a subject matter expert.

Soldiers in a combat zone have a flawed understanding of islamic radicalism? Did you really just say that? You are telling men who have lived with these people for years that they do not understand? Fought beside them and been injured by them but they do not understand how islam works right? Obviously living with muslims in their own country is not on the level of working with a few of them and going to a social gethering.... Get a clue.

"Soldiers in a combat zone have a flawed understanding of islamic radicalism" Did you really just say that"?

Ummm, No I didn't actually.

The closet thing I said was that living in a community with muslims is not the same as patrolling one. If you think that Islam and radical Islam are the same, well that's a subject for another debate. And yes I have had exposure to both, just not on a battlefield. So I stand by that comment. You are the one who mentioned soldier, I didn't. I Never suggested I knew anything about the subject. Again you are way off from what I actually said.

In addition to being a soldier, (which I readily admit I know nothing about if that makes you feel better), Major Hasan was also a human being. And if you weren't so damn defensive you would have realized that's what I was talking about. Perhaps you should be more careful about reading people's posts before jumping to WRONG assumptions because I said nothing of what you are saying I did...

Last edited:
Koresh was acused by some of sexual abuse of children, somehow not the same as a massacre commited after a religious outburst. Haven't seen any substantiated proof of illegal weopans. Most were legally bought near here in Fla & many still in original boxes.

Koresh was acused by some of sexual abuse of children, somehow not the same as a massacre commited after a religious outburst. Haven't seen any substantiated proof of illegal weopans. Most were legally bought near here in Fla & many still in original boxes.

Some were, some were not. But that's besides the point. When you have ATF agents coming to serve a warrant, you can argue the merits of the case IN COURT. Confronting them with weapons is the act of someone trying to avoid prosecution, off his rocker, or (in Koresh's case) both. In just about anyplace I can think of if you confront a police officer with a firearm, there's a high chance you are going to get shot.

I am not telepathic, nor did I ask you for your autobiography, so no I wouldn't have known your past would I? Ill be nice, and ignore it this time, the next time I will report you. Make sure you are absolutely clear on this before you respond. There have many people who didnt realize that the "no flaming" rule actually applies to them as well as others.

Sorry but I don't think Serving in Iraq as part of an occupational force is the same thing as really "knowing" a certain type people. Thats not intended as a slight, but War zones tend to be a bad place to really learn and understand a culture (bad for everything IMHO). That's my opinion.

In fact General Casey just stated to avoid speculation about the suspects faith.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hDlRkRffovJlX8OT05h89h3zfgWwD9BRD07G3

Wtf? You are not telepathic and don't know me but you said I don't know any muslims? Could you please make some sense? We are not here as an occupational force anymore, all power rests with the Iraqi government. When the police ask us for help, we give it to them. When they tell us they don't want us in the cities, we listen. If you think those are the actions of an occupying force, why don't you read the Status of Forces Agreement that we have with Iraq? In it, it cleary states that we will leave when the Iraqis want us to leave, and that they have to approve EVERY MISSION that we do, other than logistical support. It also states that all buildings we occupy, to include ones that we made ourselves are now property of the Iraqi government.

I could care less about your reference to the no flaming rule since I stated that I work hand in hand and fight alongside Iraqi forces daily and then you responded by telling me I don't know any muslims. We don't just fight with them, we go and spend time with them, we exchange gifts, talk about our families, share food, drink tea, talk about politics, and yes even religion. The town in our area has clean water now because of us, they have reliable electricity now because of us. This was a shia dumping ground for enemies of Saddam and we are really making a difference here and trying to help civilians. Here's a fun fact for you, in the 9 months I've been here on this tour my unit has not killed or injured one civilian except in a car accident (which we treated the casualties as though they were our own). Despite being attacked with a few horrific IED attacks, we have not once opened up on a target that was not hostile. I even took my platoon all the way to Balad to try and get a little blind girl medical attention. We try very hard to do our jobs with respect for the Iraqis so I'm sorry if I got a little angry about some guy who knows absolutely nothing about me, who I am, or what I do telling me I don't know any muslims. If the Mods on this board feel that I am flaming you for being uninformed and making incorrect statements about ME PERSONALLY then feel free to ban me. Of course General Casey would want to caution against reprisal attacks against other muslims. Reprisal attacks are horrible and inconsistent with Army core values. You sit here and say that you know nothing about soldiers and don't claim to, yet you make these statements at soldiers on a military forum..... that, sir, is a contradiction. Most people on military forums would like to hear from people who know something about the subject, not some civilian who wants to pass judgement on those who put themselves in harms way.

So, since you have already admitted that you don't know anything about the subject, maybe a military oriented forum is the wrong place for you. Did you ever consider that maybe people would want to hear about this from someone who is actually stationed at Ft Hood and knows what happens there? Perhaps the French have indoctrinated you with their urge to pass critical judgement on all things American. Your "opinon" about this war zone is supposed to be taken as having any value at all? You know nothing, and as such are of no value to this discussion. If that is flaming, then I guess I'm guilty so report me, but please stop making incorrect statements about what I supposedly know about muslims, and go back to work at your office job.

In just about anyplace I can think of if you confront a police officer with a firearm, there's a high chance you are going to get shot.

Agreed, but Texas is the only state in the union that has it set up to where you can use force to protect yourself from law enforcement. Texas Penal Code Sec .9.31 Self Defense, subsection C

http://www.texaspolicecentral.com/Penal_Code.pdf

Texas is the only state that has a provision to allow you to claim self defense on law enforcement, but you're the expert source here so I'm sure you knew that already.

Yeah Marsh you schooled me. All that time I spent in the middle east taught me squat. But lucky for me I have you an American Liberal living in France to explain it to me.

Like it or not at a level this is about radical islam and what it teaches.

Wtf? You are not telepathic and don't know me but you said I don't know any muslims? Could you please make some sense? We are not here as an occupational force anymore, all power rests with the Iraqi government. When the police ask us for help, we give it to them. When they tell us they don't want us in the cities, we listen. If you think those are the actions of an occupying force, why don't you read the Status of Forces Agreement that we have with Iraq? In it, it cleary states that we will leave when the Iraqis want us to leave, and that they have to approve EVERY MISSION that we do, other than logistical support. It also states that all buildings we occupy, to include ones that we made ourselves are now property of the Iraqi government.

I could care less about your reference to the no flaming rule since I stated that I work hand in hand and fight alongside Iraqi forces daily and then you responded by telling me I don't know any muslims. We don't just fight with them, we go and spend time with them, we exchange gifts, talk about our families, share food, drink tea, talk about politics, and yes even religion. The town in our area has clean water now because of us, they have reliable electricity now because of us. This was a shia dumping ground for enemies of Saddam and we are really making a difference here and trying to help civilians. Here's a fun fact for you, in the 9 months I've been here on this tour my unit has not killed or injured one civilian except in a car accident (which we treated the casualties as though they were our own). Despite being attacked with a few horrific IED attacks, we have not once opened up on a target that was not hostile. I even took my platoon all the way to Balad to try and get a little blind girl medical attention. We try very hard to do our jobs with respect for the Iraqis so I'm sorry if I got a little angry about some guy who knows absolutely nothing about me, who I am, or what I do telling me I don't know any muslims. If the Mods on this board feel that I am flaming you for being uninformed and making incorrect statements about ME PERSONALLY then feel free to ban me. Of course General Casey would want to caution against reprisal attacks against other muslims. Reprisal attacks are horrible and inconsistent with Army core values. You sit here and say that you know nothing about soldiers and don't claim to, yet you make these statements at soldiers on a military forum..... that, sir, is a contradiction. Most people on military forums would like to hear from people who know something about the subject, not some civilian who wants to pass judgement on those who put themselves in harms way.

So, since you have already admitted that you don't know anything about the subject, maybe a military oriented forum is the wrong place for you. Did you ever consider that maybe people would want to hear about this from someone who is actually stationed at Ft Hood and knows what happens there? Perhaps the French have indoctrinated you with their urge to pass critical judgement on all things American. Your "opinon" about this war zone is supposed to be taken as having any value at all? You know nothing, and as such are of no value to this discussion. If that is flaming, then I guess I'm guilty so report me, but please stop making incorrect statements about what I supposedly know about muslims, and go back to work at your office job.

All power rests with the Iraqi Government, we build hospitals, etc.. that's sounds like a George Bush talking point read word for word. That has zero effect on me. The fact is the Iraqis have asked us to leave...more than once, and yet we are still there. So much for your theory about the "we will leave when iraq when they ask to", Its Pure BS. The only reason we are leaving Iraq is because of American Public Opinion finally decided to end it, that's all.

We aren't an occupational force anymore? What do you call 130,000 US troops on Iraqi soil? The US Cheerleader brigade? Maybe you still buy that crap -I don't nor do the Iraqis if you read the polls. After all they have been saying for the past 5 years they want us gone completely.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-04-28-poll-cover_x.htm
71% of all respondents say "occupiers."

So yeah, I'll say it again, you might meet the people, eat the food, share socks, whatever, being a soldier in a foreign country its not the same thing as actually living in a foreign country. If that isn't clear enough for you, than the problem isn't on my end.

Don't pretend to talk about the French view Americans. The French had more respect for the US than the last president did. Your ignorance was shown in your last post.

USMC03

You were stationed there, you didn't live there. Its not the same thing. And I say this because I HAVE lived in a foreign country alot longer you were in Iraq. The fact is walking around town with an automatic weapon is not the something as walking around town with a briefcase. The fact is foreign soldiers in a country, do intimidate the locals. And the evidence to that is that they are demanding that you leave their country the moment your back is turned. If they really wanted you there, there wouldn't be IEDs in the street. Ill quote you Joanne of Arc.

Question to Joanne: Why don't you like the English?
Joanne of Arc: "Who says I don't like the English? I like the English, when they are in England".

As for being called a liberal. In case you haven't checked, these days its far better to be called liberal, than the absolute joke American conservatives like yourself have become. So fire away with that one, I doubt the real liberals would agree about your description my political views, but I'll still take it as a compliment.

Last edited:
Back