Ft Hood shootings

Not here, Wicca is hidden in the shadows here. If its not a mainstreem religion its basically forbidden here.
But were going to have to disagree about muslims sevens, I for one have more use for a dead cat tham muslims. I started dealing with hem my self in 1982, when they blew up the Marine barracks, that was in the name of alliah too. I never subscribe to any of the conspiracy theory, I see life for the cruel crap exsistance it really is, and I see a bunch of peopel that kill in their gods name who don't know me, never talked to me, and yet they want to kill me. Maybe its just me, maybe I've been in the wrong place all my life, but like I said before I have yet to see a muslim that doesn't want me dead. Except maybe that guy at the 711 on the corner. they just get my money and send it to either Bin Laden or Obama

Man, the folks involved are in my prayers. As for the perp, I'm not as violent as you guys. I think he should be tied to a pole naked, inverted horizontally, and have his dick and nuts dipped in battery acid. Then let him die of dehydration. In public.

Wolfen, Jim Jones of the late 70's wasn't Muslim. He was Methodist. But he killed anyhow. Lots of Christians murder, same with Jews, same with the African cults.

Just as there are totally off-the-wall psychotic writings in Islam, you'll find them in Christian, Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses, Hari Krishnas, and even in Wicca.
IMO: one Bible, one Jesus, one Holy Ghost and one God. But 435,000,000 different religions.

Well said Hmmm.
I got a gut feeling that this has more to it than him simply being a Muslim or something.
Was he a counsellor? You know, the ones who have you sit down or lie down or whatever and have folks talk. Did he just spend day after day with guys with stress problems equating Muslims and Arabs or whatnot as less than the spec on the dude's left toenail etc?
I'm surprised that he was counselling folks who may have been to Iraq and Afghanistan. You know, they're not going to have the best opinions about Arabs and the various folks who live in Afghanistan and no matter how impartial the psychologist wants to be there's going to be a limit before he can't take it anymore.
I remember being in one conversation with this one US Army guy who is an officer who was so casual about just blowing up North Korea even when I told him 1 million South Korean civilians would die in the first 24 hours and you'd need a very good reason to justify such a high death toll. Funny, his wife is Korean too. Way to eat the food, f*ck the women and kill off all the people. No I actually can sympathize with his feelings. He was sick and tired of seeing good Americans get killed or maimed by getting stuck in fights where Americans don't belong (at least that was his feeling) and he was venting his frustration. But I could see how that could TOTALLY be read one way, without any understanding. Aka "You brown/yellow/black/etc people aren't worth the value of my dog!!!" kind of thing.
I'm wondering if he's heard that sort of stuff over and over and over and over that motivated him to go to such lengths. A crime's been committed and that guy should hang but this shouldn't have happened in the first place. I don't think he should have ever held that job considering what's going on nowadays.

13, stress does those kind of things to people. It brings out a lot of hatred. Was it there already? Were they peaceful beforehand? Who knows. I've seen both go sour, and that's just as firefighters!

I agree 13th, what were they thinking when they put a Palestinian-American (?) muslim, in this particular job area which is a sensitive arena to many sides. What was the appointing officer thinking? :?: having this sort of training he could've asked the psychiatry association to recommend him being relieved of this position too, couldn't he? it's absolutely horrifying what he has done to people who did nothing to him. He punished innocents for crimes of others? I don't think there can be any sort of valid excuse for his actions whatsoever.

Well most sane people would just retire from the Army. I think this guy probably was a few fries short of a happy meal to begin with. There is no excuse and a summary execution should be the correct answer. But this shouldn't just stop with his execution. There must have been some gross neglect and ignorance on the part of his unit's leadership and now a lot of good people are dead or wounded badly because of it.

About the shooter, I don't think religion was his issue. He was said to be non-religious. The fact that his parents were Jordanians is coincidence. He was born+raised in Virginia attended Virginia Tech he was as American as Apple Pie. Not that it matters. What we do know that he was bitterly opposed to being sent abroad. He had been counseling soldiers suffering from PTSD, (and by accounts listening to some pretty horrible tales) and it would appear that he suffered some sort of mental breakdown. Its not the first time its happened that a soldier serving in Iraq or Afghanistan has snapped in this manner, although this instance has had the largest body count.

I very well could be wrong, but he doesn't fit the profile of a terrorist. Born and Raised in America, non-devout, very high level of education, volunteers for the US Army as a career achieves a high rank. I mean seriously, how many al qaeda members fit this profile?

What he did was horrific, but I think he needs to spend some time in the loony bin not in jail or worse. His cheese slipped off his cracker.

Last edited:
umm mmarsh he was religious i don know if you have seen the news with him a the mosque and him in his robes on cctv vids but whether this actually affected his decision of shooting everyone could be negligible i personally think he was just one of those nutjobs...

I just read the other article posted by longriver about the other shootings that have occurred and understand it's not the first time. Wow. The fight and flight mechanisms that kick in can be quite overwhelming. I guess some sort of *healthy* psychological release excercise needs to be developed. Snapping mentally is costing lives and shouldn't force other soldiers to have to worry about their fellow man. :-(

umm mmarsh he was religious i don know if you have seen the news with him a the mosque and him in his robes on cctv vids but whether this actually affected his decision of shooting everyone could be negligible i personally think he was just one of those nutjobs...

I meant he wasn't devout, he may have gone to Mosque, and so what? Jim Jones was a Christian minister and yet nobody blames Christianity, and Jones killed alot more people than this guy did.

Unless he can be tied in to some sort of extremist group, I think its just a unfortunate case of mental disintegration.

Well most sane people would just retire from the Army. I think this guy probably was a few fries short of a happy meal to begin with. There is no excuse and a summary execution should be the correct answer. But this shouldn't just stop with his execution. There must have been some gross neglect and ignorance on the part of his unit's leadership and now a lot of good people are dead or wounded badly because of it.

Well if the reports are to be believed (and I am not saying they are) he did try to leave the Army...

Worst nightmare'Reports suggested in recent years he had become unhappy in the military. He had recently been transferred to Fort Hood.
His cousin said he had faced harassment over his "Middle Eastern ethnicity" and had been trying to leave the army.
His aunt, Noel Hasan, also blamed his desire to be discharged on harassment.
"Some people can take it, and some cannot," she told the Washington Post.
"He had listened to all of that, and he wanted out of the military, and they would not let him leave, even after he offered to repay."
Ms Hasan said her nephew had been upset by the injuries he saw at Walter Reed. "He must have snapped," she added.
She said Maj Hasan had spent holidays and free time at her house, and that he "did not make many friends".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8345944.stm

About the shooter, I don't think religion was his issue. He was said to be non-religious. The fact that his parents were Jordanians is coincidence. He was born+raised in Virginia attended Virginia Tech he was as American as Apple Pie. Not that it matters. What we do know that he was bitterly opposed to being sent abroad. He had been counseling soldiers suffering from PTSD, (and by accounts listening to some pretty horrible tales) and it would appear that he suffered some sort of mental breakdown. Its not the first time its happened that a soldier serving in Iraq or Afghanistan has snapped in this manner, although this instance has had the largest body count.

I very well could be wrong, but he doesn't fit the profile of a terrorist. Born and Raised in America, non-devout, very high level of education, volunteers for the US Army as a career achieves a high rank. I mean seriously, how many al qaeda members fit this profile?

What he did was horrific, but I think he needs to spend some time in the loony bin not in jail or worse. His cheese slipped off his cracker.

home grown and highly educated?
sounds like the 7/7 bombers (everything except the army bit) but i don't think this guy was a terrorist he just lost it...
I meant he wasn't devout, he may have gone to Mosque, and so what? Jim Jones was a Christian minister and yet nobody blames Christianity, and Jones killed alot more people than this guy did.

Unless he can be tied in to some sort of extremist group, I think its just a unfortunate case of mental disintegration.
same here, its not like Muslims don't have mental breakdowns too...

Last edited:
Its not the first time its happened that a soldier serving in Iraq or Afghanistan has snapped in this manner, although this instance has had the largest body count.

I very well could be wrong, but he doesn't fit the profile of a terrorist. Born and Raised in America, non-devout, very high level of education, volunteers for the US Army as a career achieves a high rank. I mean seriously, how many al qaeda members fit this profile?.

First of all this guy never served in Iraq or Afghanistan, so that is a non issue. Second of all, if people on this forum think all Americans hate arabs just because of the war, then they are wrong. I have a Palestinian serving in my platoon right now, and I trust him with my life daily.

I don't think anyone is saying that the guy was an Al Qaida member, at least not that I've heard. There have been many reports of him posting on pro terrorist websites though. The reason that Al Qaida and other terror groups use extensive propaganda is to reach a broader audience. Al Qaida releases propaganda tapes, internet postings, videos, taped attacks on Americans and other propaganda in an attempt to reach people of through the Islamic community all over the world. Maybe he felt his ideas were more closely linked with them then the Army. John Walker Lindh was an American, born and raised in DC and Cali as a Catholic (and he was white). Then he traveled to the Mideast, learned Arabic, converted to Islam and joined the Taliban and battled American forces. I'm not saying that the whole religion is evil, but you cannot deny the only common thread shared by the majority of terrorists in the world today. They come from all countries, are all races, all backgrounds, but one religion. To deny the only unifying characteristic of the modern extremist movement is to lie to yourself. We are talking about a movement without borders here, so wake up and think about it.

Most people who "just snap" would go to their place of work and fire, especially if he was upset about being harrassed. They do it in the places they work, they go to school, they shop, they travel. This guy did not shoot up his place of work. He made the calculated decision to go to the one place on Ft Hood where soldiers are returning from and deploying to Iraq. Since most of you are not stationed at Hood like I am, let me tell you that the hospital he worked at is on the OTHER SIDE of the installation. The guy lived in KILLEEN, so why travel all the way accross the post to shoot people on the side that borders COPPERAS COVE to shoot people? Especially when you are driving right past your place of work? Does that sound like "snapping" to you? Most people who "just snap" are trying to right a perceived wrong (these guys pick on me, I don't fit in, this girl hates me) but this guy went to a place where he doesn't know anyone, he doesn't work there. The ONLY thing that happens there, is people do final paperwork before going to Iraq or Afghanistan. How can that not have a political or religious motivation? If you think that had no part in it, you are just fooling yourself. Most of you have had the luxury of not facing the enemies in this war, so it doesn't bother me that you don't get it. If I had went to college instead of joining the Army, I don't know if I would get it either. This is a messed up world right now, and I am not at all surprised that people invariably tend to beleive the explanation that most fits in with what they already want to beleive. I don't hate you, or pity you for it. We are all a product of our experiences, and most of you are lucky to have never experienced this war. I guess 37 months in Iraq may have changed me for the worse. When this guy wakes up from his coma and gives his reason, then I'll change my mind based on what I hear. If he says he did it for his muslim brothers, will you? Bear in mind people in the military are skeptical since a guy just shot some soldiers a few months ago for exactly those reasons. Read below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/us/02recruit.html

Last edited:
John Lindh was educated in Cal. After his capture it was reported that the school system he attended didn't offer much in the way of Christian studies, but did emersion study of Islam & resulted in his conversion.
On a different Forum I read that the V.A. issues Wiccan grave markers.

There is a profile of him here. In addition, to the bullying, I expect he got to hear from his patients about all the unofficial stuff which went on in the war zones which had to be kept confidential. This must have disillusioned him. Needless to say he was opposed the the war and wanted out. Something else which has gone amiss, is that despite being a major, he found it necessary to purchase the weapons out of town. So in other words it must be easier to get weapons outside than inside"
Major Nidal Malik Hasan, who shot dead 13 people at Fort Hood in Texas, has been described as a devout Muslim whose commitment to the army may have been broken by his opposition to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - and by plans to deploy him to a war zone.

He is said to have been affected by injuries he saw at the Walter Reed Medical Army Center, where he worked until recently as a psychiatrist treating troops returning from combat.

Reports suggested in recent years he had become unhappy in the military. He had recently been transferred to Fort Hood.
His cousin said he had faced harassment over his "Middle Eastern ethnicity" and had been trying to leave the army. His aunt, Noel Hasan, also blamed his desire to be discharged on harassment........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8345944.stm

Wow, seems his actions were well planned out and he has no valid reasons or excuses to stand upon. He still earned one way ticket to *downstairs*. Yes, I am college educated and the other end of the spectrum ...nursing.. and will have very different mindset but I don't condone killing others especially at home, in the name of religion, is just not acceptable. :( I am proud that our own lands, people and allies are for the most part, beyond that.

VA Tech.... should have known.
Well 19K, the way he lost it seems pretty consistent with the Korean guy from VA Tech, minus the youtube videos and photos. Something had driven them over the edge and they actually went through a lot of trouble to go and shoot people. Thanks for the clarification as well. I think most of us (including myself) assumed that the hospital and the shrink house were next to each other.
I don't think he should be sent to the loony bin. It would only encourage a few others who are not crazy to just do the same... just for being "fed up."
I think what may have happened was he never liked the Global War on Terror and certainly not the war in Iraq and was certainly 100% against deploying. Not exactly the clean cut career soldier material. Considering how he had been like that, I'm surprised that he managed to stay in the Army that long.
So he goes to work, already dislikes what America's doing and hears stories from his patients about killing Arabs, Muslims... hears his patients refer to them in the lowest and most obscene ways... and it goes on for a few years and it radicalizes him. He goes on the internet, finds some voices he agrees with about the "evils of America."
He gets more and more radicalized.
I guess 19K, you're right, maybe "snapping" isn't a good word to use here but I do think he managed to get pushed over the edge because if he had intended to rationally hurt the US, he could have done more damage by KEEPING his job and leaking information one way or another.
Either way a lot of things don't add up.

Perseus, if you served, you'd know why he purchased his weapon from the outside.

Our guys aren't at Ft Hood anymore so it's all good over here.
Rest in Peace to the fallen.

My bad, I don't think they were at Ft Hood at all at any time.
Thank God.

Last edited:
Man, the folks involved are in my prayers. As for the perp, I'm not as violent as you guys. I think he should be tied to a pole naked, inverted horizontally, and have his dick and nuts dipped in battery acid. Then let him die of dehydration. In public.

Wolfen, Jim Jones of the late 70's wasn't Muslim. He was Methodist. But he killed anyhow. Lots of Christians murder, same with Jews, same with the African cults.

Just as there are totally off-the-wall psychotic writings in Islam, you'll find them in Christian, Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses, Hari Krishnas, and even in Wicca.
IMO: one Bible, one Jesus, one Holy Ghost and one God. But 435,000,000 different religions.

True Jim Jones was a methodist, David Koresh was Branch Dividin, Pat Robertson is Baptist, we all have out nutcases, but islam seems to have a few more than all the others combined.

Something else which has gone amiss, is that despite being a major, he found it necessary to purchase the weapons out of town. So in other words it must be easier to get weapons outside than inside"

People in the hospital staff would have no reason to just go draw their weapons out, so that would have definately raised suspicion. There are many gun stores in the area, so using a non issue weapon is much easier. I'm combat arms, and even I can only draw my weapons out for training purposes and I must clarify my reasons. If a Major who worked at a hospital went to his unit's arms room near the end of the duty day, and asked to draw his weapon, the commander would have definately asked him why. Unless you are going to a training event or have a range scheduled, people on FT Hood don't just get to draw their weapons out at random. All of the arms rooms are linked to a central monitoring system, and only the commander and armorer have access to the keys. After opening the room, you must imput a code that only the armorer and the commander know or the MPs will be there in a matter of minutes. Does this clarify why it was easier for him to use his own weapons? The Army tries to be careful with govt owned property. I hate to keep posting on this, but I've been assigned to Ft Hood since Nov 2003, and I'm just trying to address people's questions in regards to the post. Unfortunately 4 soldiers from my battalion were there, one officer from our support battalion was shot, and one soldier from my brigade was killed. The soldier who was killed had just arrived at Ft Hood with his wife, and was doing paperwork to come here and join us on the deployment. People here are not happy about all this.

Back