Frontline Women?

Should women be entitled to fight on the front lines (if they are fit for the job)?

• Yes, of course!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, never!!!

• Yes, but only if the woman does not have young children to take care of at home

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should women be entitled to fight on the front lines (if they are fit for the job)? Why or why not?

What frontlines? No such thing anymore. While women aren't in combat arms, they are out in the "front" with the rest of the support MOS's.

Yes that true convential war as we know i is obsolite...well...unless 2 country with the same kind of man power and have no airforce.... but besides that...why not?

Then again not being macho but they do have a physicle handicap....

( My girlfriend can woop my butt even after 7 years of judo :p)

Thats disconcerting ;) .

I have absolutely no qualifaction to make an educated opinion, but judging from the opinions of experienced personel and smart people on these boards and other places, and judging from my morals and ideals drilled into me since birth, I do not believe woman should partake in combat for a number of reasons, both tactical and moral.

I stand my point and women should be ablr to join up and fight for their country even though they don't have the male organ.

It isn't always about strength and etc.

Maybe the will of defending the country isn't as valuable anymore.

But I know that the will can beat the strength issue at all times.

:)

like i said

Like i said, when its easy and possible to put women into fighting(or any) units, thats just fine, but when the economic cost is bigger then the benefit, then i dont think it should be done.

I stand my point and women should be ablr to join up and fight for their country even though they don't have the male organ.

In the US women DO join up and fight for their country. It doesn't matter that they do not have the "male organ."

It isn't always about strength and etc.

I've been in combat arms my entire military career .. it is VERY much about strength. Mental determination will only get you so far without the body mass/muscle mass to carry the load. That is reality. A lot of good men with the hearts of lions cannot make it in this field simply because they do not have the strength. Until women evolve, change their skeletal structures and develop a more mass producing hormone (besides testosterone) they WILL be the physically weaker sex.

Maybe the will of defending the country isn't as valuable anymore.

As I said, women already serve proudly .. putting them into combat arms MOS will not add nor take away from their honorable service through the years and wars.

But I know that the will can beat the strength issue at all times.

"Will" is important, and sometimes it is that mental determination that will make or break you .. push you to the edge and back again. That said; "Will" will not carry my 200lbs + Irish arse out of the enemy AO and to safety and it will not prevent stress fractures to the smaller bones women have from carrying a 140lbs + ruck.

It doesn't matter where you serve, as long as you serve. Combat arms may seem glamorous, but it isn't. Support MOSes aren't that glamorous either. While they may have different missions, one thing does remain the same - both are serving THEIR country. I'm not sure why you feel women aren't serving if they aren't in combat arms .. you're taking away from them and their sacrifice.

Btw, plenty of female MPs are getting some in Iraq.

I still stand by the policy that women should not be combat arms. Flame me if you want, but that's just my belief. Other MOS's? Hell yes, more power to them..but a woman SEAL or Ranger? No.

The comment made before was completely on the right lines. The simple fact is women will never possess many of the attributes required to fight in the infantry. Strength and physical robustness will mean that this will never happen. Also tests that have been done by England show that a female tone of voice (ie. one that is comparable to an 11 year old boy's in tone) cannot command any type of tactical authority, whilst for example it has been shown also that if a man were to see a women badly injured in battle, then he is more likely to stop to help her rather than carry on until he can safely admin help. Also the fact is that infantry living in close proximity of each other - tacticaly and non-tactically - means that women can never be allowed to join.
I'll be the first to admit that this is quite clearly a Brit viewpoint but im sure it will be held. Also the fact is that we have the best army in the world and we are not going to jeopoardise this by allowing an inlet of inferior quality soldiers for political reasons (I must appologise for that comment so early on but it would have come out of me sooner or later and that is simply my view anyway).
For example: You're the enemy dug in and suddenly the allied troops perform a bayonet charge on you. Out of the smoke you see a lady screaming at you with a bayonet - same effect? No.

Ben said:
Also the fact is that we have the best army in the world and we are not going to jeopoardise this by allowing an inlet of inferior quality soldiers for political reasons.

I believe I understand what you're saying, but I do not much care for the wording here, it is insulting to our sisters in arms. I do not believe that women should ever be in Infantry or Armor units because of physiological differences which prevent them from performing the tasks that would be required of them in these branches (bucking 40 pound rounds in a tank or hauling 100+ pound rucks, for example, as seen in RnderSafe's post above), but it is not because they are "inferior" servicemembers.

Well actually the point i was making was that they would be inferior quality soldiers because they would not meet many of the requirements and cause other logistical problems. It seems that you have read too deeply into my point and seen it as a direct attack on all women service members when it clearly wasn't. As it stands i respect all women in the military for having the guts to go for a guys job, but they are fine where they are.

:lol: No worries, my intent was to clarify what I assumed (correctly, in light of your last post) was your own intent so as to prevent anyone from being offended.

u no wat i put, well u all no wat i put, since im a gurl...

as a cadet i dont know everything about the military, but im learning and i know alot, but i think they should cuz women should be able to... i have my own reasons whyt i think women should fight at the front lines

Morals of man

I do not believe that women should fight in combat positions..... not because of drive or strength (i know they have that) but for moral reason..... i would never feel right ordering women to thier deaths

You are welcome in the forum TacticalEdge, but as you can see I have deleted quite a few of your posts.

Calm down, respect the other members and their opinions, or find something else to do.. (check your PM)

well well well

i am just stating my thoughts of the topic.... i dont use language nor do i need to so i do not understnd the problem....... perhaps you could eleborate as to what i can and cannot do...... i think other people need to be watched more than me such as ben..... sorry though for anything i have done and if you could explain then i may tone it down a bit...... just a bit though because they are still my thoughts.... haha..... thanks

I cannot decide on yes or no, not becuase i think that women are weaker than men (which i don't... my ex used to put me in a choker-hold everytime i upset her) but simply becuase men are perverts and wouldn't be able to act professional around women. They may fail to accomplish their objectives. Personally, i would have absolutly no problem fighting beside the opposite sex. It's just that much more force that the enemy will have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back