Frontline Women?

View Poll Results :Should women be entitled to fight on the front lines (if they are fit for the job)?
Yes, of course!!! 5 27.78%
NO, never!!! 9 50.00%
Yes, but only if the woman does not have young children to take care of at home 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

--

April 8th, 2004  
bschenck

Topic: Frontline Women?

Should women be entitled to fight on the front lines (if they are fit for the job)? Why or why not?
April 8th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: hmmm

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...opic.php?t=404
April 8th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Should women be entitled to fight on the front lines (if they are fit for the job)? Why or why not?
What frontlines? No such thing anymore. While women aren't in combat arms, they are out in the "front" with the rest of the support MOS's.
--
April 8th, 2004  
Jtf2

Yes that true convential war as we know i is obsolite...well...unless 2 country with the same kind of man power and have no airforce.... but besides that...why not?

Then again not being macho but they do have a physicle handicap....

( My girlfriend can woop my butt even after 7 years of judo )
April 9th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Thats disconcerting .

I have absolutely no qualifaction to make an educated opinion, but judging from the opinions of experienced personel and smart people on these boards and other places, and judging from my morals and ideals drilled into me since birth, I do not believe woman should partake in combat for a number of reasons, both tactical and moral.
April 9th, 2004  
Tessa

I stand my point and women should be ablr to join up and fight for their country even though they don't have the male organ.

It isn't always about strength and etc.

Maybe the will of defending the country isn't as valuable anymore.

But I know that the will can beat the strength issue at all times.

April 9th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: like i said

Like i said, when its easy and possible to put women into fighting(or any) units, thats just fine, but when the economic cost is bigger then the benefit, then i dont think it should be done.
April 9th, 2004  
soilder79936

well sometimes woman get pissed off cause they want to be in the battles and get some credit
April 9th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
I stand my point and women should be ablr to join up and fight for their country even though they don't have the male organ.
In the US women DO join up and fight for their country. It doesn't matter that they do not have the "male organ."

Quote:
It isn't always about strength and etc.
I've been in combat arms my entire military career .. it is VERY much about strength. Mental determination will only get you so far without the body mass/muscle mass to carry the load. That is reality. A lot of good men with the hearts of lions cannot make it in this field simply because they do not have the strength. Until women evolve, change their skeletal structures and develop a more mass producing hormone (besides testosterone) they WILL be the physically weaker sex.

Quote:
Maybe the will of defending the country isn't as valuable anymore.
As I said, women already serve proudly .. putting them into combat arms MOS will not add nor take away from their honorable service through the years and wars.

Quote:
But I know that the will can beat the strength issue at all times.
"Will" is important, and sometimes it is that mental determination that will make or break you .. push you to the edge and back again. That said; "Will" will not carry my 200lbs + Irish arse out of the enemy AO and to safety and it will not prevent stress fractures to the smaller bones women have from carrying a 140lbs + ruck.

It doesn't matter where you serve, as long as you serve. Combat arms may seem glamorous, but it isn't. Support MOSes aren't that glamorous either. While they may have different missions, one thing does remain the same - both are serving THEIR country. I'm not sure why you feel women aren't serving if they aren't in combat arms .. you're taking away from them and their sacrifice.

Btw, plenty of female MPs are getting some in Iraq.
April 10th, 2004  
Pogue

I still stand by the policy that women should not be combat arms. Flame me if you want, but that's just my belief. Other MOS's? Hell yes, more power to them..but a woman SEAL or Ranger? No.