Frontline Women?

Should women be entitled to fight on the front lines (if they are fit for the job)?

• Yes, of course!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, never!!!

• Yes, but only if the woman does not have young children to take care of at home

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
but thats just it, women dont want to be recognized as the"support role" , some actually want to particpate as men.
Spartan, you do realise that the "Support" role contains both men and women? In fact, more men than women. Do you also realise that those "Support roles" are often times what keeps many on the right side of life and death?
If women want to "participate as men" then they have no place in the US military. It is not meant to be a breading ground for "I'm just as good as any man" attitudes. Those types of insecurities need to be left at the threshold of the MEPS station.

How many women do you honestly believe would be able to pass male standards? Let's say five out of twenty (and that is being generous). Of those five, how many do you think would survive a 20mile "hike" with 200lbs rucks in 100+ degree heat on mountainous terrain? How many could lift 280lbs of dead weight from the ground and relocate to a safe area?

I'm not going to post the biological differences between men and women again, I've already posted on that and urge you to read it, as well as some of the other posts listed during this discussion.

RnderSafe said:

Unfortunately (for women) he is vary right.

Few women would make it, and as he said the is not even getting into the biological differences. At this time it is not worth the effort. How ever who knows what could happen in a few years...

First of all mr. "rndrsafe" as for the whole "support role" aspect you brought up, i am fully aware that men too also fall under that category. thank you. but you should know that was not was i was trying to "instigate, if you will.

Do not make the mistake in beliveing that only men can qualify and or pass such training as you have described. you seem to forget that if a women have that will to accomplish somthing they can WORK for it, just as any man can.i DO NOT EXPeCT TO HAVE THE JOB TITLE HANDED TO ME JUST BECAUSE I'M A WOMaN, i want to earn that occupation, and work just as hard as men, thank you for thinking so low of me. I am not denying that such training would be difficult for women, but it is NOT an impossibility. I too am fully aware of the physical differences between men and women and do not expect any gender-combat changes amongst our ranks at this point in time. America is just not ready. I am also aware that for every in-capable woman there is, there is another incapable man signing up to at least try out. Not all men can pass those standards, which i'm sure, you would agree. It takes a certain type of PERSON to qualify and how dare you be so bias as to deny the fact that there are at least a few women who could actually handle it. Another thing, I never said i expect ALL women to qualify, i only expect women who have the physical and mental strength to cope with hand- to -hand- MALE combat training. And even if that amount of women is small, its enough to prove you wrong. Have a nice day.

spartan

It takes a certain type of PERSON to qualify and how dare you be so bias as to deny the fact that there are at least a few women who could actually handle it. Another thing, I never said i expect ALL women to qualify, i only expect women who have the physical and mental strength to cope with hand- to -hand- MALE combat training. And even if that amount of women is small, its enough to prove you wrong. Have a nice day.

Young lady, I suggest before you take your "High and mighty" tone with me, you do a little research. Think before you post, as all I am seeing from you at this point is a mindless rant that includes no factual backing for your argument.

As for it taking a "certain type of person to qualify." You are correct, it does .. but it also takes strength. Women are not, no matter how much you may wish it to be true, on par with men in that department. (Again, read the previous posts - they are pointed out for you) I know what it takes to pass some of the most rigorous training the US and some foreign militaries have to offer, as I have done it. Mental drive may keep you going, but it is strength that carries the will.

I expect to see an improvement in your tone and attitude in your next post.

I think we have discussed this subject enough now, it doesn't seem to get any further.

Locking it before it turns nasty.

PM me if you think you have anything new to add to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back