Frontline Women?

Should women be entitled to fight on the front lines (if they are fit for the job)?

• Yes, of course!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, never!!!

• Yes, but only if the woman does not have young children to take care of at home

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry sir but I really resent that your idea of my opinion is that of a tantrum throwing four year old. However I do believe that you have a very strong point about buliding integrity; I will consider that in the future. I apologize if I have offended you but my mind has not changed on the matter.

airmen2b said:
Im sorry sir but I really resent that your idea of my opinion is that of a tantrum throwing four year old. However I do believe that you have a very strong point about buliding integrity; I will consider that in the future. I apologize if I have offended you but my mind has not changed on the matter.

*chuckle* Being offended is not something I have ever been. No worries there, kiddo.

Your mind doesn't need to change on the matter, but you do need to recognise facts, and not just with this debate .. in ANY discussion/debate. Don't dismiss facts, acknowledge them, and then state your argument. Calling a white duck orange, doesn't really make it orange, now does it?

You seem like a smart young lady, just have to work on that hot head of yours. ;)

you know I am redhead, could be that temper but it is like i told redneck, you can tell me no because i am too young or too old or too poor or too rich but dont tell me no because i am a girl. that is just one thing that will not nod my head at and walk away from. What kind of a woman would I be if I just doormatted myself around. I was the youngest in my household and the only girl not to mention and there were never any exceptions made on my behalf because of that, I dont want to be treated differently just because of my gender.

Oh and I have been told from multiple active duty personnel and My retired LtCOl that they will beat up more on the women in SERE, the one up at Fairchild AFB in washington. At least for the aircrew school anyway

well I appreciate your matched passion on the subject. I hope we can talk on more agreeable matters in the future. ;)

Oh and I have been told from multiple active duty personnel and My retired LtCOl that they will beat up more on the women in SERE, the one up at Fairchild AFB in washington. At least for the aircrew school anyway

It's still not true, not even for Level C. Nuff said.

well I appreciate your matched passion on the subject. I hope we can talk on more agreeable matters in the future..

lol Oy.

would you mind reading the thread "should women be in the military. "
Page one....then page five at the bottom there. Thanx a bunches

ahhhhrrr

Why wont this thread die?Let it go!, Youll never agree.airmen2b, youll find that it dosent have to make sens to you, as long as you do it right.

to be honest the point has been made airmen2b and everyone has had their say, let's not get petty by dragging it out, the issue is over.

meant

Thats what I meant. Women in combat. And I didn't know that women have already come home in bags. Sorry. That u for informing me.

I WAS WONDERING WHEN SOMEONE WAS GONNA ASK: when a soldier fights for his country, is he only protecting the women, children and elderly? NO. to be straight forward there are as many men as women who are left behind to watch the war through the comfort of their own home... now lemme ask you this: when a soldier is wounded on the battlefield and he needs to be pulled away from the iminent slaughter whos to say the soldier who saves his ass, CANNOT be a woman? would the gender of a hero matter when all that matters is war? now, i'm not saying they should let EVERY women who wants to give it a shot in... but if a women has earned her keep, i.e. she's passed the males standard combat training, then why not allow her to fight amongst our ranks? not to mention the fact for every wimp soldier thats out there theres another combat-willing woman. not to say that all men are "slackers" for lack of a better term, because i know for a fact that not alot of women can handle it, and there are a few who dont want to. but there are just as many strong men out there as there are women and vise versa. i guess what i'm saying is that if a man wants to try out for combat training the response is "you can give it a shot." but for a woman, they dont even get the chance to try without people jumping all over them. all i'm asking for is the choice, not the right.

Re: no

No MERCY said:
America is not ready to see women come home in body bags or wooden crates. It is not time for a woman to fight. Men fight. Women need to be protected.

this was what i was referring to for those of you who were thinking "huh?"

If they would make the women do the same boot camp as men i.e. the same requirements then I would be all for it, but until that happens the military will never be ready to put women in a CZ as an armed fighter whose only purpose is to kill, and not to fill a support role.

Just my thoughts. :D

but thats just it, women dont want to be recognized as the"support role" , some actually want to particpate as men. and yes, i totally agree: women should have to take the men's combat course... it doesnt matter what you've trained for- the enemy was still be trained as men, and assuming so women should do the same. just because we're girls doesnt mean they dont want to kill us.

spartanSQ said:
but thats just it, women dont want to be recognized as the"support role."

I was not debating that, sorry if it came across that way, personally I say let em fight. Just make them take the men's combat course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back