Friggin Idiots

ACLU - American Communist Labor Union.

They will stop at nothing to help destory the United States of America and it's armed forces.

I have to agree - there appear to be way too many idiots in a position to decide to inflame the feelings of a bunch of nuts that don't really need any excuse to kill people using terrorist tactics. I guess this means there will be another rash of people's heroes rushing to join the virgins in heaven.

Oh well - did you ever think that if enough of these nuts blow themselves up maybe the next generation will have learned to get along with their fellow man - OH WELL, NICE DREAM HUH?

Chief Bones said:
Oh well - did you ever think that if enough of these nuts blow themselves up maybe the next generation will have learned to get along with their fellow man - OH WELL, NICE DREAM HUH?

You know, if pointing enough nuclear weapons at eachother to blow up the world 10x over isn't enough to stop war, nothing is.

I guess the silver lining is that suicide attacks are self-limiting by design. We just have to outlast them.

I absolutely agree that these pictures are made public at the absolute wrong time, place, date etc..... People should know better than to do this.

However:
They will stop at nothing to help destory the United States of America and it's armed forces.
If the people in the picture who did do what they did, the ones who made the pictures and the ones who handed them to the press hadn't done what they have done..... Well then you didn't have to blaim the ACLU. This should never have happened end of discussion. The armed forces (some of them) befouled their own nest and reputation..... nobody else did that.

Ted said:
I absolutely agree that these pictures are made public at the absolute wrong time, place, date etc..... People should know better than to do this.

However:

If the people in the picture who did do what they did, the ones who made the pictures and the ones who handed them to the press hadn't done what they have done..... Well then you didn't have to blaim the ACLU. This should never have happened end of discussion. The armed forces (some of them) befouled their own nest and reputation..... nobody else did that.

The guilty parties are being punished, I'm not sure what everyone else wants. Nothing in the photographs indicates anyone should be hanged or brought before the firing squad. I guess people won't be happy unless we stone them in the public square.

This is what you get when you mix today's media technology with a war, armchair soldiers deciding what is and is not allowed. This isn't to say those involved should not have been punished, they should have been and they were wrong, but I saw nothing in the photos that did anything but make me wonder how those guys got an ASVAB waiver.

If those on the slide show were the new photos release, I didn't see much of a problem. I think the 'bad' ones came out a long time ago.

Remember that the media needs to keep their ratings, and violence and scandals are what keeps them in business. Coincidence that these photos find their way to the public so soon after the Dutch cartoons? I don't think so. If these photos had been released a month ago, they most likely wouldn't have gotten much attention, as they aren't anything uncommon to see in a war zone (unless I saw the wrong photos). It's all in the timing.

Coincidence that these photos find their way to the public so soon after the Dutch cartoons?

Luckily the cartoons were Danish..... but your point is made. It is mostly copycat behaviour. I bet the the newspaper never had so much attention and other people start to get idea's on how to get media attention too. perfect recipe for disaster and all for a few bucks and some attention.

The images were taken about the same time as the earlier photos three years ago that triggered a worldwide scandal and led to military trials and prison sentences for several lower-ranking American soldiers. Some key Iraqi officials urged their countrymen to react calmly since the pictures were old and the offenders had been punished.

Iraq's prime minister on Thursday condemned the new images of abuse, but noted that those responsible had already been punished.

Yeah, seems a tad too convenient for these to appear at this point in time.

Back