French Order 22 NH90 Utility Choppers

rock45

French Order 22 NH90 Utility Choppers

By pierre tran
Published: 8 Jan 12:10 EST (17:10 GMT)

Paris - The Délégation Générale pour l'Armement (dga) procurement office ordered in December a batch of 22 NH90 utility helicopters, worth nearly 600 million euros ($824 million), from the NH Industries consortium, the Defense Ministry and Eurocopter said Jan. 8 in separate statements.
Related Topics
The DGA signed the contract Dec. 23, but Defense Minister Hervé Morin announced Jan. 8 the new order for the tactical transport helicopter (TTH) version of the NH90 in a meeting with the French Senate Foreign Affairs, Defense and Armed Forces Committee, the ministry statement said.
The latest contract, on top of an initial buy of 12 NH90s, brings the total to 34 NH90 TTH aircraft for the French Army's aviation wing, the ministry said.
In 2000, the DGA bought 27 of the more complex NFH navalized versions for the French Navy, bringing the total of NH90s bought by France to 61, Eurocopter said.
The NH90 land and naval versions are at least a couple of years late because of technical problems and the difficulties of building 23 versions of the same aircraft. First delivery of the French NH90 TTH is scheduled in 2011, the company said.
NH Industries is a consortium composed of Eurocopter (62.5 percent), AgustaWestland (32 percent) and Stork Fokker (5.5 percent).
Orders for the NH90 total 529 units, including the latest French buy. So far, 25 NH90s have been delivered and another 50 are under construction, the company said.

Link
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=33

Complex

This make the Typhoon project look simple and easy.
icon10.gif

I remember reading about some training problems the Germans were having with this type. I think part of the problem was basically not having enough trainers to do the training.

Size wise seems to be useful 20 troops, smaller enough to be used on some naval assets, descent cargo hauling capabilities, modern design, etc. I guess time will tell.

The French reasons for buying it puzzle me I assume since its a joint program that's why there in it but they have a EC-625 close to the same size a bit smaller. I don't know if its worth taking on another type but I'm sure they have their reasons.

NH90 / TTH-Version

The French Army ordered now the NH90 in TTH-Version . This is the first TTH-Order by the french army. The french Navy orderd a lot of NFH-variants of the NH90 .
NFH / NATO - Frigate -Helikopter.

( Tactical Transport Version) .
The german - Army ( Bundeswehr) ordered more than 80 NH90 of these Versions. In the follow LINK you can see the 4th Serial TTH NH90 / German Army with Tail-Code 78+04 .

http://www.aeroweb.de/show/?id=2598057

Picture

Hi PzBrig15
Thanks for the link & picture that's one cool looking helicopter. Maybe it's my strange way of looking at things but I can imagine that helicopter with racks of stand-off missiles or even anti-ship missiles on it. Not sure if there's plans for that but it's a sharp looking chopper.

Can anyone sent a list which Countries worldwide in the next two Years are ordered new Military Utily Helikopter ???

The German Navy need fast a new Navy-Helikopter for SAR .
The new frigate F-215 are even a new Board-Helikopter .
The NH90 is for the Army. For the Navy - SAR is it too light and small. For the Navy-Specifications it give big problems. So in the next year , the Gouverment will get a another helikopter, between S-92 ( Sikorsky) or EH101 or Eurocpter EC 725 .

Had anyone Pictures from the S-92 Helikopter , Military Version ?

http://www.fmv.se/WmTemplates/page.aspx?id=1207

Page is only available in Swedish.

In short it says that the Swedish Hkp 14,s will have an increased cabin height by 24 cm,s and are mainly to be used as troop carriers and for ASW and SAR missions.

Swedish SAAB-Ericsson are suppliers of the TMS (Tactical mission system).

Back