french military victories

ObjSRgtLw

You do know that the French beat the Germans 2 out of 3 times in the past 150 years? ;-)

I found this through a normal search.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/french_military_victories.asp

If you think about it the French were

The only ones who defeated Julius Caesar (Gergovia)
The only ones who successfully invaded England (Hastings)
The ones who stopped the Muslims from invading Europe (Charles Martel+Charlemagne)

Its a joke, take it easy. France has had plenty of victories

Mmarsh
As I said in 1066 there was no France.

That statement alone proves my point, France did not invade England.

Mmarsh
As for the Resistance being small? The French Government to date has recognized 220,000 people as resistance fighters. That's equivilant to 22 US Army Divisions. Thats not tiny.

Maybe not, but consider the population figures, approximately 41 million. So that accounts for around 0.55%of the population fighting the invader.

Mmarsh
Were there collaborators? Yes, there were collaborators in all countries including the UK. (Remember Lord Haw-Haw?)

Lord Haw Haw wasn't British, in fact he was American brought up in Ireland. Although he did apply for a British Passport

Mmarsh
As for Torch, the total Causilties (KIA, WIA, MIA, POW) were 1469. The US lost more than that in a single hour on D-Day, or the 10,000 they lost a fews months later at Kasserine Pass. More people drowned aboard TITANIC and that was an accident.

That's 1469 casulties too many, the only reason that the casulties weren't higher was because the French got a good hiding by US and British forces. To even mention the Titanic was a bit daft to be honest. D Day or Kasserine Pass doesn't come into the factor, the Allies were fighting an enemy after a declaration of war.

Try telling the families of those killed by the French that the casulties were light.​

Back