French frigate makes a trip to U.S.

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
LaFayette.jpg

French Navy frigate La Fayette , spending a few days in the city of Savannah Ga. The 45 member crew are here honoring the 250th birthday of the French Revolutionary War hero , Marquis de La Fayette.

Since I live around Savannah , it's interesting to have a Naval visitor here. Used to seeing all the commercial and shipping vessels though, those are everywhere in the ports.

In NYC we get a lot of Foreign Military vessels. I even got a private tour of the French Helicopter carrier Jeanne D'Arc. But I have seen French, British, Australian, Italian, Dutch, and Russian Warships moored on the Hudson River to name a few.

Its cool to see them up close.

NYC is a huge city, a major commercial point in the world. Your lucky to have such opportunities. But, way down in a smaller commercial center. Like Savannah. It's nice to have visitors like this every now and then. We do have troop ships from the USN come in all the time, and Coast guard vessels. But, not foreign ones.

I mean, I don't know about King's Bay, and how many visitors it gets. But, some thing like this has more of a impact around here.

In NYC we get a lot of Foreign Military vessels. I even got a private tour of the French Helicopter carrier Jeanne D'Arc. But I have seen French, British, Australian, Italian, Dutch, and Russian Warships moored on the Hudson River to name a few.

Its cool to see them up close.

Russian navy in the Hudson river? Hmm...Cool.

But Aussie? How did they travel that far? Though Panama Canal, around Cape of Hopes, or Suez Canal to reach NYC? heh

Back