French forgein legion

Perhaps this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foreign-Legion/dp/B0006ZLD8M

A bit outdated perhaps but worth a view.

I recommend the book "My Five Years As Legionaire" by Øyvind Paulsen, Orion Publishing. I am not sure if it's available in English but to give you a brief summary he joined the FFL in the mid 80s and has described in detail his life in the legion the five years until he was dismissed. A good read.

Dougal,

where I'm posted we teach Army recruits and one of the videos we show is called "Recruits. " It features the training and history of the FFL - but also the US Marines and British Army. It is a British production and probably 20 years old. Don't think you can buy it but libraries, especially military ones should have it.

Ask any ARW soldier you know.
He will most likely know someone, or know of someone that have gone the FFL route.
Then you could get your information first hand.

Are there specific questions you want answered PM them to me and I´ll have a look see what I can dig up for you.
We have had a few of our own who went that route..

//KJ.

cool Il have a look at the book. Its just general interest. I spent a few days on an operation with a ARW guy who was in it for a while. He had a few good stories. I dont think il be joining it anytime soon. Ive my work cut out for me at home!!!

Yeah Dougal. You're married with kids, the FFL is a no go for us folks.
Unless you intend to divorce and send everything packing.

Back