French Foreign legion

o_reyes

i cant join the usmc cuz ima illegal but i was thinking of going to mexico late this year to enlist in the mx marines, but i just learned about the french foreign legion,... which army career choice would be better? the mexican marines or the french foreign legion?
thx everybody 4 ur help.

Never having served in ethier. Are you willing to fly to France and maybe be rejected for application to the Legion? If you are accepted you will learn French, maybe the hard way. As a Legionnaire you will live a hard life and since you are not French the rules governing the discipline of French troops do not apply to you, Corporal Punishment.

The Mexican Marines are part of the Navy. Really they are Naval Infantry. Since I assume you already speak Spanish and know the culture this might be a better bet for you.

In the end it's your call.

Plus you should know that with the French Foreign Legion you will probably never make officer if you ever decide that's whatyou want to do.
On the contrary, if you stick it out for the full 5 years you can leave with an EU citizenship which is something can be attractive if you want to live there.

i have spoken to recruiters about joining the army and the marine core,... i tried to enlist at age 17 with sum buddys trying to be station together in highschool but to my surprise when the recruiter came to the house for me to sign cuz i didnt have a ride to go to the recruiting office. i had asked my father for my papers and social and he finally told i was illegal,.. and i wasnt able to join,... i have tried ever since but only resident aliens can enlist,.. i do love this country with all heart, and mexico i never really cared to learn about because i dont know anybody over there,... i even told the recruiter that i would go for even half the pay and that they didnt even had to give me the citizenship,... i just wanted to go fight the sobs who had done the 911 attacks...

I am pretty sure if you get your green card then you can join the USMC. If you get your green card and enlist and server your time then you will automatically get your US citizenship. One of the perks of joining the military. Work to get your greencard! Also try and get your family to get greencards, Also tell other illegal immigrants to get their greencard/enlist. I have the MOST respect for foreigners who choose to enlist in our military.

The guy on the bottom bunk in my bootcamp was a greencard holder and told me about this stuff. First things first is fight for your greencard.

Another point to note, is if you were born in the US regardless to your parents illegalness, then you should(I am not for certain) be a US citizen. You just need paperwork and the like to prove your birth in the US.

Yeah it's really really tough.
The best hope for him is to become a nurse which means he's going to have to go to school. Must at least get a LPN/LVN (legal practictioning/vocational nurse) which takes about a year to complete but ideally a BSN (bachelor of science in nursing).
This is usually a faster way to get a Green Card. It also means he's going to have to go back to Mexico to apply for a school in the US (because he'll have to get some paperwork through the US Embassy in Mexico City and if he's in the US illegally... well I'm sure I don't have to spell that out for you).
In any other line of work it typically takes 5 years to become a permanent resident. If you negotiate well, because the demand for nurses are so high you could be able to find an employer willing to sponsor you much earlier.
Or, marry a US citizen.

I am pretty sure if you get your green card then you can join the USMC. If you get your green card and enlist and server your time then you will automatically get your US citizenship. One of the perks of joining the military. Work to get your greencard! Also try and get your family to get greencards, Also tell other illegal immigrants to get their greencard/enlist. I have the MOST respect for foreigners who choose to enlist in our military.

The guy on the bottom bunk in my bootcamp was a greencard holder and told me about this stuff. First things first is fight for your greencard.

Another point to note, is if you were born in the US regardless to your parents illegalness, then you should(I am not for certain) be a US citizen. You just need paperwork and the like to prove your birth in the US.

This is almost exactly what I was going to say. If you were born here, you are a naturalized immigrant, not an illegal. If your parents brought you across the border, you're an illegal.

If the latter is the case, you need to establish residency. Get your Green Card or work visa. Join the Marines and they will MAKE you a legal resident once you honorably complete your contract. There's your solution.

Now, I also want to say this...

I detest the illegal invasion of this country.

HOWEVER...

It is refreshing to see a young man like yourself outraged at 9/11 and loving the USA so much that you want to dedicate some of your life defending her. If all illegals felt that way, I'd have no issue with them.

So I am one man that salutes your desires and efforts. I'd serve next to you any day. You're an American, you just lack the paperwork proving it. :cheers:

Git 'er done the LEGAL and correct way, my friend. You're an American at heart, so make yourself an American on paper. Then get your tail in the Marines and solidify your citizenship.

Warmest wishes!

The order in which things happen.

1) You get your work visa (extremely hard).
2) You stick around until your employer agrees to sponsor you for a permanent residency. Typically this wait is around 5 years long.
3) Once you have your permanent residency you're good to go.

If he has a relative with LPR status or citizenship, they could sponser him. At least for LPR status. Since I'm assuming he was brought across as a juvenile, immigration would most likely find him no fault for EWOI violation. Of course they do tend to interpret the laws as they see fit depending on the case officer. That would be a easier route.

I'm thinking that for the work visa that without a sponser he's still going to have to go to Mexico and apply and then return.

information

my is oliver i'm from congo, i want to know if i'm able to join foreing legion, but i'm living in ghana

Back