FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION RECRUITMENT - QUERIES

saffrontiger

Hi,

1.AS PER THE FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION RECRUITMENT WEBSITE - (http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/tests_sportifs.php) ITS MENTIONED, THAT IN SPORTS FITNESS TEST, THERE WILL BE MAINLY 4 TESTS- 2.6KM RUN IN 12 MINUTES, PULL UPS, ROPE CLIMBING AND SIT UPS.

BUT AS PER THIS WEBPAGE - (http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/articles/article/France/French-Foreign-Legion-Training/779) ITS MENTIONED THAT THERE WILL BE "8KM run carrying a sack that weighs up to about 13kg and must end in less than an hour AND SWIMMING TESTS ALONG WITH THE ABOVE MENTIONED TESTS.

I NEED TO VERIFY WHICH ONE IS TRUE? WILL THERE BE JUST 4 TESTS AS PER FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION WEBSITE OR THERE MAY BE OTHER EXTRA TESTS SUCH AS 8KM RUN WITH 13KGS LOAD AND SWIMMING ETC.

2. DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS" In the Center of Recruiting and Selection in Aubagne" WHICH WILL BE VARY BETWEEN 1-10 DAYS AND NEXT 7DAYS FOR THE CONFIRMATION, WHETHER CANDIDATES WILL BE PROVIDED ACCOMMODATION OR WE WILL BE ON OUR OWN?

3. WHAT IS THE CURRENT SELECTION RATIO FOR THE ENTRY LEVEL ENLISTEES IN FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION?

KINDLY HELP ME CLEAR THE DOUBTS.

THANKS
SAFFRONTIGER.

Bumped up an exsisting thread to this page, check that one out. Use the search function there are threads for most of your questions.

All orders and all information is given in French.
If you are slow to learn, then you better shape up.
Foreign Legion boot camp is probably the most effective language course in the world.

I always wondered how drill instructiors can work when all the recruits speak different language. Do they have a French translator present?

The same way US Drill Sergeants do it. All instructions and orders are given in English. We have A LOT of Hispanic persons coming through, and they learn how to speak English really well and real dern quick. No matter where you go, there will be language barriers that must be overcome. The general thought is, however, you volunteered, you can learn, or you can skip on out.

We had a lot of Puerto Ricans in the Army when I went through boot camp. I believe and correct me if I'm wrong if they complete their tour of duty they can easily become citizens. Or at least it used to be that way.

We had a lot of Puerto Ricans in the Army when I went through boot camp. I believe and correct me if I'm wrong if they complete their tour of duty they can easily become citizens. Or at least it used to be that way.

That I'm not sure if, JOC. I don't get into that part. I just train.

You get many foreigners in the US military?

If you back check this section of the forum, you will see many questions about matters like that.

Not really foreigners, usually Americans who may not speak English all that well. Like I was saying, we get a lot of Hispanic persons coming through who do not speak English all too well.

Aren't Puerto Ricans already citizens? And yes, there are a lot of foriegners who serve in the US military. For example, just in my basic training platoon (OSUT) we had a Filipino, 2 Puerto Ricans, 3 Mexicans (actually from Mexico), a German, a Russian born Israeli, and a Liberian.

Aren't Puerto Ricans already citizens? And yes, there are a lot of foriegners who serve in the US military. For example, just in my basic training platoon (OSUT) we had a Filipino, 2 Puerto Ricans, 3 Mexicans (actually from Mexico), a German, a Russian born Israeli, and a Liberian.

I'm going to change my answer a little here. I want to say that while they use US currency and a US passport, they still have Puerto Rican citizenship. Where did you go to basic at, brinktk?

Edit: Brinktk is right it looks like, they have citizenship. Which is something I obviously didn't know haha.

Last edited:

A librarian? They are vicious. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm going to change my answer a little here. I want to say that while they use US currency and a US passport, they still have Puerto Rican citizenship. Where did you go to basic at, brinktk?

Edit: Brinktk is right it looks like, they have citizenship. Which is something I obviously didn't know haha.

I went to Ft Sill for OSUT. I'll assume since you were an Engineer first you went to LostInTheWoods?

I went to Ft Sill for OSUT. I'll assume since you were an Engineer first you went to LostInTheWoods?

You know it. The reason I was asking is because I was down at Benning as a DI and it seemed like to me there was not a high number. But of course and I've said this before but I don't care where you came from. I care about where you are and where you're going. I don't care what color your skin is, because Army digital camo looks great no matter what.

Last edited:
You know it. The reason I was asking is because I was down at Benning as a DI and it seemed like to me there was not a high number. But of course and I've said this before but I don't care where you came from. I care about where you are and where you're going. I don't care what color your skin is, because Army digital camo looks great no matter what.

Exactly, there is only one color in this Army and that color is GREEN PERIOD! Anyone with the character and intestinal fortitude to wear this uniform with me is my brother/sister in arms.

Exactly, there is only one color in this Army and that color is GREEN PERIOD! Anyone with the character and intestinal fortitude to wear this uniform with me is my brother/sister in arms.

Exactly. All I see under the brim of my campaign hat is little green scrubs. I don't care where you come from, only where you are and where you're going. Black, white, purple, yellow or orange. You're here for the same reason. You volunteered.

Is racism a problem which often occurs in the U.S. armed forces?

It's like anywhere else. It happens.

We had a problem with left and right wing extremists when I was in the army. We did our best to get them out early, but it was quite difficult to identify them.

Then we got what I call war romantics....They didn't really have any extreme political identities, but they had seen too many war movies.

I was in the army when Sweden had a mandatory military service, so all problems in the society ended up in the military too. The majority of recruits were pissed about being in the service. The military service interrupted studies and jobs

We had a problem with left and right wing extremists when I was in the army. We did our best to get them out early, but it was quite difficult to identify them.

Then we got what I call war romantics....They didn't really have any extreme political identities, but they had seen too many war movies.

I was in the army when Sweden had a mandatory military service, so all problems in the society ended up in the military too. The majority of recruits were pissed about being in the service. The military service interrupted studies and jobs

The first two points are going to be anywhere you go. The third part, well that's pretty typical too if you force people to enlist. Joining the military is a very personal choice, and should not be done for the wrong reasons. But once ya get there, we have a solution for whining! So much PT you won't be able to think straight you'll be so tired, let alone complain.

Back