French Foreign Legion

My experience of afghan wasn't not as bad I thought it would be the first tour I shat myself we was deployed right in the middle of the fight season and I'm not ashamed to admit I was scared my first tour and all I didn't really know how to react to the people as I heard from afghan vet to be careful around them but after speaking to a few locals I found they're very friendly shaking hands with us and one old guy was speaking away to us like we was old friends they understand why were there but they don't us or the talis there they just want to be left alone to get on with it which I understand I would as well if I was there shoes to sum up my experience of afghan I would have to say I have been humbled by it and there is great camaraderie between the lads who have served there. How did you find it? as your veteran (by the way I have respect for you and your opinion)

I´m grateful for the respect :oops: but I´m just a "Bootneck Rodney" (Rupert, to you Percy pongo´s).
It´s guys like you who deserve respect. It´s you who do the dirty work and it is you who are in the greatest danger. I as an officer are responsible for the action, but it´s you lads who has to take the s*it.

Humble is a very good description of the experience of having seen their way of living. It´s an interesting country in many ways and also a beautiful country. Strange feeling to come from a barren desert and then suddenly be standing in a fertile and green area.

Everyone is afraid at some level and it must be so otherwise there is something wrong in your head. I was most afraid that I would fail as a Troop Commander and maybe get some of the guys killed.

The best memory I have from Stan, is the ramp ceremony. May sound strange, but that it. The fact that we all said goodbye to a fallen comrade whatever nation he or she came from was a intense experience. That we stood together, from several nations, in silence as one large community and showed our last respects to a hero, I will never forget.

I feel I have grown as a human being after seeing both good and evil and also having done good and evil myself.
What scares me a bit, is that I know I´ll do it again if I got the chance.

greetings guys. just joined a few hours ago to learn more about how to join the ffl (please dont send me the recruiters link). been to the website and read the memos already plus i got a couple of do's and donts from this website already including not joining if you have hep b. one thing isnt clear on the ffl website though and thats cash. for the 10 days of being there, what kind of budget should i organize. is lodging taken cared off?

also when i do register at the recruitment office, is there a season or specific days of the year when they recruit or is this an all year round thing.

im just here absorbing info till i buy my plane ticket to france so any info you guys can part with would be very helpful.

I think you will find that it's tulips - not roses. ;)

I seem to recall some "Black Tulips" in and around Rotterdam harbour..
You seen any of them spechul ones 42?

To the Brit with the bad ear:
Exactly how bad is your hearing?
The FFL is quite a loud workplace.
Think long and hard on if it is worth loosing your hearing over.

For the swimming part of the Amphibs you are out of luck..
Flying in and jumping out of unpressurized cabins can be somewhat challenging as well if your eardrum is damaged in any way.

Simple fix, ask one of the FFL recruiters on current hearing standards.

I recognize your will to get back into the mix.
Good luck groundstomper.

KJ sends..

To my lord 42RM my thanks for your kinds word of gratitude though I only did my duty and only in death does duty end and to KJ my hearing is good enough to hear when people are speaking and hearing the birds churping really annoyingly in the morning so I'm hoping its good enough to pass muster for the legion and yet again thank you for your kind words

My eyes! My innocent little eyes! What they have seen in this thread cannot be undone!:shock::pirate2::shock:

I can not point out whether or not I have unveiled the gracious lady of my stupendous ego!

Its "Lord Rupert" to you my good man!

I had someone called me "My Lord" once- I got really upset...

I prefer to be addressed as "His Excellency, the Most Merciful and Passionate, Ruler of the Universe and All Galaxy, Lord of all living things (bacteria included).."

:):):):)

Back