French Foreign Legion - Page 2

--
French Foreign Legion

January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

French Foreign Legion
Can you tell me more on the pre requisite? I have telephoned to the french Embassy once to ask, But am not very sure. In my country, we can only apply through the France Embassy.
January 3rd, 2006  
sunb!

If you want military challenge and personal development I am pretty sure your country have military, or police, units that will give you enough to deal with. Why the FFL in the first place?
January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, I am not sure. Just asking . Wanted to see if I have other alternative choices!
--
French Foreign Legion
January 3rd, 2006  
Ted

You could also go to Marseille for a short holiday in combine that with their recruitement office. They have one there and they are willing to give you al the answers you seek. Think twice though because the French regulars have a "protected status" compared to the Legion. Your family won't be informed if you fall in the line of duty, because the Legion will be your family for at least 5 years. You are not allowed to have any contact with your family. Since there isn't any "outside" control you will be dropped into every pickle they don't want to send their regular troops. And these aren't the ones you find in a holiday brochure...
January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

well, I am not sure if i want to join now! haha Seems liek the FFL likes to place their troops in Worst Case Scenerio!
January 4th, 2006  
Warwick

On the plus side you get French citizenship after five years service!!!TIC.
Anyway, check the websites especially the online Amicale's run by ex Legionaires for their points of view. Lots of good info.
If your Singaporean, why not do your compulsary service and if you like the military stick with the Singaporean defence force????
Good bunch of blokes. Spent many an ex at Paya Lebar Base.
January 4th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

hmm...

Zander, the best way is to search it on yahoo or Google.. You wont believe what you can find.. Not onlt what is required for you physically, but everything! from the first day to the last...
But I tell you, it dont sound pleasant heh... and besides, you got to learn the language.. It might sound attractive, but surely looks ugly..

Good Luck
January 5th, 2006  
zander_0633

haha, Thanks! Now I think I will stick with my country's Military!
January 5th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

lol, uhhh ... vous etes la bienvenue
January 5th, 2006  
zander_0633

haha, Ich Wies Es Nicht!