french foreign legion medical???

ulster

I as wondering if anyone could tell me what the French foreign legion's medical consists of, as I failed the British army's medical and I don't want it to be a waste of time, money and effort to be sent home again. any help with this would greatly be appreciated

The FFL medical test is just as comprehensive as the British Army medical test.
If you failed the British Army test on general fitness, you can build up your fitness levels to attempt the medical again and if you could pass it after some fitness training, you could probably pass the FFL test.

However, if you failed due to medical problems (e.g. heavy asthma, poor vision, poor dentition, psychiatric disorder, bad hearing, knee problems, hernia problems etc. etc.) then you are not likely to pass the FFL test.

Information is easy enough to find on the net. The following is an unofficial site but is pretty much up to date.
http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

Did some research out of curiosity on the Legeon.
Couple guys I have known only refer to their experience as "brutal."

It is interesting that there is a long and comprehensive pre induction period to determine ones mental fitness and ability to handle such a demanding service.
Makes sense.

I've had surgery on my shoulder and have tiny scars. I don't plan on telling them, will it be a problem and will they still find out?

Back