Freedom of the Press? National Security?

The point is that not only is terrorism not new, but even the terrorism of 9/11 is not new. USA was attacked as the champion of freedom, and therefore the main stumbling block to the idealogy of establishing an Islamic Caliphate across the world.

Exactly. There can be no isolationism in the coming struggle. If there is, there will be a new World domination the likes of which has never been seen before.

Where would this world be without America? There is nowhere else for free countries to turn in their hour of need. This is a big lesson which has to be learned all over again by the chattering classes and the ignoramus's here in Britain. I have tried to warn people here what a disaster American isolationism would be.

There is a dangerous mindset in the free countries today. "Let's ignore it and it will go away." Or, "everyone is blowing this problem out of proportion." America from day one was committed to the spread of the idea that everyone should have the freedom to personally enjoy a life free from sectarion violence and despotism. Some people call that being the World's policemen, intelligent people call it proactively stopping a future conflict.

I constantly deplore the fashionable criticism of USA encouraged by the media know -nothings in our midst, and also, as it happens, whether you like it or not, I openly deplore the criticism of The President of USA. That is your business, here we should always show support for the American position, or fall.

I have always treated an American President as an office entrusted to a person by the American people. Calling that office schoolyard names is the best possible way of giving credence to your enemies and domestic criminals that America is weak and stupid. God bless all leaders of the free world.

That's it guys, and to those who think I'm a creep, well, up yours! Mine is a life-time honour of our friends, since World War 11. I knew your soldiers who came to save us then, as a tiny tot. They were great, and our place is right there with you in such times.

Fortunately, young Americans haven't smelled their homes burning to the ground nor have they heard the nightly scream of sirens sending everyone into tunnels or shelters while the only country they have ever known is attacked by an enemy willing to die to destroy as many civilians as possible. They've never read the bulletin boards of the dead soldiers looking for a name of a Father, Brother, or any family member on the front lines. So let the ignorant malign our soldiers, our leaders, our country. At least they are busy doing the only thing they are capable of. As for me, God bless the free Nations of the world and their willingness to help others in need.

Last edited:
Exactly. There can be no isolationism in the coming struggle. If there is, there will be a new World domination the likes of which has never been seen before.

There is a dangerous mindset in the free countries today. "Let's ignore it and it will go away." Or, "everyone is blowing this problem out of proportion." America from day one was committed to the spread of the idea that everyone should have the freedom to personally enjoy a life free from sectarion violence and despotism. Some people call that being the World's policemen, intelligent people call it proactively stopping a future conflict.

I have always treated an American President as an office entrusted to a person by the American people. Calling that office schoolyard names is the best possible way of giving credence to your enemies and domestic criminals that America is weak and stupid. God bless all leaders of the free world.

Fortunately, young Americans haven't smelled their homes burning to the ground nor have they heard the nightly scream of sirens sending everyone into tunnels or shelters while the only country they have ever known is attacked by an enemy willing to die to destroy as many civilians as possible. They've never read the bulletin boards of the dead soldiers looking for a name of a Father, Brother, or any family member on the front lines. So let the ignorant malign our soldiers, our leaders, our country. At least they are busy doing the only thing they are capable of. As for me, God bless the free Nations of the world and their willingness to help others in need.

And God bless Missileer for this post.

Yeah news media causes more problems then they fix. And that is the problem they are trying to fix things instead of just reporting the facts.

Furthermore bulldogg, we just need to have some tea sometime ;)

Isn't it odd how everybody blames the media and yet we all triumphantly wave news reports that agree with our POV at the opposition and quickly deplore anything we don't agree with as bias and poor reporting.
Ever thought that bias is determined as much by the reader as the writer?

With regards to missileer's post, I am living proof of his point. I was 4 when WW11 started, I quickly lost 2 homes,1, the house i was born in, copped a direct hit, 2 - lost with a whole street, hit by a floating land-mine. At 4 I was sent away from my mum and dad to a village in the country until i was 8/9. There I saw wave after wave of GI's coming and going. I was friends with all of them, cos i was just a kid. The units were segregated, first white guys, then black. They were all great to me, playing horseshoes, sparring. And sometimes the Mess Sgt fed me in the canteen. Fruit salad and tomato juice. We could not get such things. I never forgot those guys. I grew up safe only because they came to our rescue. I have had one lovely wife for 50 years, I had 5 kids, 3 boys, 2 girls. I have 11 grandchildren, incl 5 brothers, and also twins.

This is all because of your country's sacrifice, you guys did that, and I try to ensure that my people still remember that. Unfortunately they are sleepwalking at the moment.

Here we have to wake up. God bless America!

With regards to missileer's post, I am living proof of his point. I was 4 when WW11 started, I quickly lost 2 homes,1, the house i was born in, copped a direct hit, 2 - lost with a whole street, hit by a floating land-mine. At 4 I was sent away from my mum and dad to a village in the country until i was 8/9. There I saw wave after wave of GI's coming and going. I was friends with all of them, cos i was just a kid. The units were segregated, first white guys, then black. They were all great to me, playing horseshoes, sparring. And sometimes the Mess Sgt fed me in the canteen. Fruit salad and tomato juice. We could not get such things. I never forgot those guys. I grew up safe only because they came to our rescue. I have had one lovely wife for 50 years, I had 5 kids, 3 boys, 2 girls. I have 11 grandchildren, incl 5 brothers, and also twins.

This is all because of your country's sacrifice, you guys did that, and I try to ensure that my people still remember that. Unfortunately they are sleepwalking at the moment.

Here we have to wake up. God bless America!

Del Boy,
You are the guy I was comparing our younger generation to. Even at a young age, you probably saw and heard enough during the battle for Britain that you will always remember how important vigilance and commitment is to allies. We stand together or die separately, as for you and I and a lot of other thinking folks today, we stand together when the going gets rough. That is when you get the full measure of a man, by his principles.

Much respect to you DelBoy... though the "boy" part seems grossly inappropriate... you are a fine example of what I call right living.

Thanks for that guys.

But you know what - my life is full of fun, family, rock, sport and writing, especially where I can encourage kids. And I still keep close to what goes in America, my daughter and son-in-law were both stationed at the British Embassy in Washington, I may have mentioned. On the day Gorbachov made his f rst visit to you, Eve and I were waiting on the lawn behind the White House for his helicopter. We spent a lot of time at the Arlington Cemetary, to pay our respects to Robert and JFK and Robert E. Lee. We were up all night on the occasion of the election of JFK. We spent a lot of time overlooking Shenandoah, especially from the look-out point that both sides shared, and I looked out for all the battlefield sites. I made a few visits to Charleston for historic reasons. My interest had always been heavily engaged in The Civil War and of course as a kid, on the old liberty boats, I ran up and down the west coast, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Eureka, Tacoma, New Westminster and Vancouver, and i had occasion to meet those who told me ' Don't ever joke about that war - my grand -pappy was killed in that war'. And I was very keen on Hank Williams, and the juke boxes were full of 'Hank, it'll never be the same without you.'

Lastly, I spent lots of time at your great monuments, paying respects to Abe etc. (fantastic) Face to face with the legend, looking up like an insect at a giant. Lastly I have to say that we made our visits to pay our respects at the roll of honour, lost in battle wall, apologies for not having the official title to hand (its old age you know), we were very moved.

I insisted upon driving down thro the southern states a couple of times to fulfill a long held ambition , and let me tell everyone - it's damn hot in Charleston in August, I had to spend most time fanning myself with my hat like Gone with the Wind.

History such as the question of Bill Clinton's impeachment - I watched every minute, live from here. And I was rooting for him. Why - because he was the President of the United States of America. And,as it happens, I hold the same attitude to George W. Bush, and will do so with regard to your next president. I honour the office of the most powerful man on earth, and live in the belief that the responsibility of that office lifts him to glory. God Bless America.

Back