Free Speech on this forum

--

January 17th, 2006  
Cold Steel

Topic: Free Speech on this forum

Being a noob here, I have noticed that the mods and admins have set a certain tone for what is posted here. I have no problem with creating a spam free zone for military related matters. But your moderation here is overbearing. I had a post deleted because a mod was mad at a noob. No explanation was given, just deleted. Perhaps the administration at this board feels that noobs have nothing to offer. If that is the case, you need to post that with your other forum rules. Maybe post a rule that says don't offer an opinion unless you have 100 posts rule.

There is a way to offer free expression on a board while at the same time creating a spam free environment. In my opinion this board's admins and moderators have not achieved that balance.

Feel free to delete this free expression, like you deleted my answer to a noob post.
January 17th, 2006  
Nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Steel
There is a way to offer free expression on a board while at the same time creating a spam free environment. In my opinion this board's admins and moderators have not achieved that balance.

Feel free to delete this free expression, like you deleted my answer to a noob post.
WOW, I'm a newb here as well. My first actually post. I'm reading threads from the top down.... I certianly hope this is some fluke and not the norm for this forum.
Looks like a neat place.

January 17th, 2006  
System Bolaget

Gee...

Over-reacting a bit, Cold Steel? It's not like this is YOUR forum. It's the f u c k i n g internet. f u c k i n g get over it.
--
January 17th, 2006  
Cold Steel

I wasn't speaking to you. I was wanting the admins and mods to speak their minds on this topic. Of course I realize, "Its the ****ing internet"

But this is bigger than that. Before young men and women join up with a force that can get them killed, they need to listen to more reasonable minds than just this Gung Ho b******t.
January 17th, 2006  
sunb!

Posts get deleted if they are either being totally off topic, flame bait, contain opsec information or that kind of writing that violates the forum rules.

PM the moderator and ask, you will get an answer.
January 17th, 2006  
Welshwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Steel
Being a noob here, I have noticed that the mods and admins have set a certain tone for what is posted here. I have no problem with creating a spam free zone for military related matters. But your moderation here is overbearing. I had a post deleted because a mod was mad at a noob. No explanation was given, just deleted. Perhaps the administration at this board feels that noobs have nothing to offer. If that is the case, you need to post that with your other forum rules. Maybe post a rule that says don't offer an opinion unless you have 100 posts rule.

The only way you can post on here without fear of retribution by the Mods is to originate or respond to a post beginning with , What is your favourite.......? I was banned for suggesting that maybe the Mods would prefer that I stick to that sort of subject and not criticise the intelligence services..especially if they are based within the USA.
January 17th, 2006  
Italian Guy

We have rules, posts get deleted according to those rules. Am I missing anything?
January 17th, 2006  
Welshwarrior

Do you really want me to reply to that?
January 17th, 2006  
Cold Steel

Weshwarrior said:

Quote:
The only way you can post on here without fear of retribution by the Mods is to originate or respond to a post beginning with , What is your favourite.......? I was banned for suggesting that maybe the Mods would prefer that I stick to that sort of subject and not criticise the intelligence services..especially if they are based within the USA.
That is the exact climate that I feel onthis board. I have a range of experience that I can offer a person considering entering the U. S. Army Infantry as an officer, because I have been there and done that. But evidently, because I'm not a mod, I can't speak my mind without getting my posts deleted. Good job mod. You probably convinced the noob who posted "Ranger Officer" to never join the Armed Forces.
January 17th, 2006  
c/Commander

Oh, stop bitching...you agree to the terms of service. Follow them, your posts stay. If you don't follow the terms, don't whine when your post gets deleted. Now suck it up.