Free Speech on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that I recall being respectfull to other members was one of the hallowed rules. Calling people little boys and comparing their conduct to barnyard activities is neither in accordance with those rules nor very conducive to effective communication.

You can apologize to me via PM or right here in the thread.

Insight, please take a moment to read through the forum rules again:

8. Do not try to be a moderator (if you're not of course...).
Sarcastic replies are not allowed! Please use the "report post" button, or PM one of the forum staff instead if you think that some of the posts should be removed or edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that the Chief was calling anyone a little boy in what he said. He said it sounds like little boys. I have to agree. You seem to have a very thin skin, Insight. Play by the rules and everything will be peachy keen.

If it walks like a duck and quacks......

Insight said:
Seems that I recall being respectfull to other members was one of the hallowed rules. Calling people little boys and comparing their conduct to barnyard activities is neither in accordance with those rules nor very conducive to effective communication.
You can apologize to me via PM or right here in the thread.
Insight, please take a moment to read through the forum rules again:
Sarcastic replies are not allowed! ...............
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, THEN IT IS A DUCK.

I was respectful as I could be - I didn't call you a little boy - I said that the posts sounded like a bunch of little boys that haven't learned how to play nice - they continue to ignore common courtesy and the rules they agreed to live by on this forum. There will be NO apologies forthcoming - you haven't earned one.

As I said:
:bang: :bang: :bang: Grow up a little and learn how to play the game by the rules and the MODS won't have to spank you.

My replies are not sarcastic - they are simple observations based on the ability to read and make very basic assumptions. If the tenor of a post is childish, then the person who posted it is demonstrating a lack of maturity. Stating the obvious is NOT being sarcastic.

Last edited:
AAaaarrghh.

Chief can you calm down with the colour! Luckily I have one of these nearby

duchalab1.jpg

headspace said:
Chief can you calm down with the colour! Luckily I have one of these nearby
^^^^^What he said.. :lol:

I don't think we'll get any further with this one now.
No more personal attacks will be tolerated, from anyone!

But please feel free to PM me if you have any complaints on how this forum is run, and I'll certainly listen to you all.

This is a military forum, run by military personell only (field grade officers and down to private), so it's only natural the we expect a bit more disipline in here than in several "other forums" (that some of you have mentioned several times)...

Thanks.

Although I suppose I could scan a copy of my DD214 and post it here, I'm sure some people would say it was fake. Anyway, I have nothing to prove to the people here. My desire has always been to contibute something to the understanding of the military to the uninformed noobs. Their knowledge of the military seems to come from movies. They are so gung ho to join up and prove themselves, that perhaps they need someone to apply the brakes a little. We are not military recruiters here, at least I hope not. The last thing we should be doing to getting someone fired up to get their legs blown off in a far away land.

Is There honor in military service. Without a doubt. Is there glory? No. There is but pain and loss. Nobody wants to talk about that part of it.

Many thanks to RndrSafe for convincing me to stay by questioning my bona fides. An apology is in order but I'm not going to be petty about it.

I see no one wants to post a response. That tells me volumes.

POW

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back