Free Speech on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
RnderSafe said:
You better ratchet down, Cold Steel. I am not aware of any one deleting any of your posts as I have said to you in your vague and accusatory PM.

For someone claiming to have been an infantry officer, you don't seem to have very much situational awareness.

I suggest you check yourself, and check it fast.

You are a "MOD", you are supposed to be leading by example and not judging someone by what they write.

Instead of attacking by your "you better ratchet down", and "I suggest you check yourself, and check it fast", why not try to find out what is actually making this new member frustrated. Even it means you swallowing a bit of pride.

I've had my fair share of piss poor leaders in my nearly 20 years of experience to understand the words you wrote to Cold Steele.

Again, with all due respect. I'm simply voicing my opinions here. My intent is not to get banned by offending anyone!

John

Team Infidel said:
I have been on a lot of boards. This one is one of the better ones and the Mods do a great job. Healthy debate is fine and encouraged. If you don't like it, leave... start your own board.

Yes, this is a better one! I'm testimony to that myself.

However, what is going on now is a healty debate. What is not deeded is "threats" and demands" - only a bit of understanding!

How is this not a healthy debate? No laws have been violated and as far as I know, no forum rules either.

John
http://johnanderson75.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the matter now?????

:brave: Freedom of speech has never been completely free - you can not go into a theater and holler FIRE unless there really is a fire.

The MODS try to allow us as much freedom to post as we like - however - there are standards we agreed to when we registered on this forum.

We are NOT allowed to get into a pissing contest with another member - flaming for flamings sake will NOT be allowed or tolerated.

:bang: Gratuitous language used for nothing more than shock value does nothing but demonstrate the juvenile character of the person using this kind of language. If it is used to drive home a particularly important belief or point then 'maybe' it's fitting.

Personal attacks are not allowed on ANY forum I have participated in - what makes you think you can get away with personal attacks on this forum?

Attacking a fellow member's character, his family, or his faith are all forms of personal attack.

If you have to stoop to this level then you have NO BUSINESS on this forum - I for one WILL add you to my ignore list.

WHEN YOU BOIL THE ABOVE DOWN TO IT'S BASICS, COMMON SENSE AND HOW YOU WOULD LIKE OTHERS TO TREAT YOU GO A LONG WAY IN SETTING THE RULES YOU NEED TO FOLLOW IN YOUR OWN POSTINGS.

TREAT THEM AS YOU WOULD LIKE THEM TO TREAT YOU.

Last edited:
Cheif, I couldn't agree more, but!

Chief Bones said:
:brave: Freedom of speech has never been completely free - you can not go into a theater and holler FIRE unless there really is a fire.

The MODS try to allow us as much freedom to post as we like - however - there are standards we agreed to when we registered on this forum.

We are NOT allowed to get into a pissing contest with another member - flaming for flamings sake will NOT be allowed or tolerated.

:bang: Gratuitous language used for nothing more than shock value does nothing but demonstrate the juvenile character of the person using this kind of language. If it is used to drive home a particularly important belief or point then 'maybe' it's fitting.

Personal attacks are not allowed on ANY forum I have participated in - what makes you think you can get away with personal attacks on this forum?

Attacking a fellow member's character, his family, or his faith are all forms of personal attack.

If you have to stoop to this level then you have NO BUSINESS on this forum - I for one WILL add you to my ignore list.

WHEN YOU BOIL THE ABOVE DOWN TO IT'S BASICS, COMMON SENSE AND HOW YOU WOULD LIKE OTHERS TO TREAT YOU GO A LONG WAY IN SETTING THE RULES YOU NEED TO FOLLOW IN YOUR OWN POSTINGS.

Given the nature of us humans, ummm...prone to error! God knows I can fit into this category at times, I personally feel "MODS" shouldn't have the right to delete a comment or thread if no local, federal or international laws haven't been broken.

This is just my opinion, though!

Respectfully,

Joh
http://johnanderson75.blogspot.com

Chief Bones said:

Well said.. :)

Rule #1:
Be polite and respect the other members.
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules_features#faq_forum_rules

It all depends on how you post it, not the content..
There are thousands of posts in here that I do not agree with, but I haven't deleted a single one of them..
The only ones that I've deleted are posts that have violated forum rules, especially rule #1...

If you have a "problem" with one of the mods, send them a PM and ask them for clarification.
Most of the times I'm sure you'd be surprised by the answer...
If you don't want to contact the mod you can send me a PM instead.
If you don't want to PM me, then.. well.. then I don't think we'll get anywhere anyway..

And to your last post Wrath1;
Being "annoying" on the internet is actually a federal crime now.. ;) :lol:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18460

As I've said before; I'm certainly open for (civilized) discussion about this subject.
But most of the time 100% "Free speech" comes with a price, and I will not sacrifice the other members right to be threated with respect by allowing everyone to post whatever they want in here...

Team Infidel said:
can't we all just get along?

Yes.. I'd help if they'd stop deleteing my posts. I have tried to bring some peace and harmony to this thread. It doesn't work if my posts are deleted.

wrath1 said:
You are a "MOD", you are supposed to be leading by example and not judging someone by what they write.

Instead of attacking by your "you better ratchet down", and "I suggest you check yourself, and check it fast", why not try to find out what is actually making this new member frustrated. Even it means you swallowing a bit of pride.

I've had my fair share of piss poor leaders in my nearly 20 years of experience to understand the words you wrote to Cold Steele.

Again, with all due respect. I'm simply voicing my opinions here. My intent is not to get banned by offending anyone!

John

Well hello, John. It seems you have an opinion on everything today. Perhaps before you decide to ramble on, you should have full knowledge of the situation at hand. As it stands, you know 10% of the information.

Your subtle, yet quite obvious insult does nothing to support your uninformed and biased opinion on this matter. I do appreciate you thinking so highly of yourself to give advice on a matter you are not informed about, however. "Will all due respect," does not excuse backbiting comments, either.

The majority of your posts have been about "another forum." I suggest, if you want "another forum" you find one. This forum has rules, standards and directives. We have very little problems on this board other than the occasional outburst. I believe there is a reason for this.

This is primarly a military board, and thus it is moderated with a different tone than other boards. If anyone feels they have been unfairly treated by a moderator, we have a PM system. Use it. I am always willing to accept a PM from those who have a complaint against a decision I have made. Sometimes, I will discuss it with them..other times, I will not. It depends on the situation. With this situation, of which you personally are neither involved with nor informed about, I have already spent far too much time discussing and will waste no more time feeding into the silliness of a complaint that didn't even occur.

Attempting to stir trouble and cause drama on the open board isn't productive and detracts from the real discussions, and this is all this thread is. Drama, someone's cry for attention and to cause disruption.

As for yourself, John, perhaps if you spent more time contributing to the topics here, and less time complaining, you would find this forum more enjoyable.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
RnderSafe said:
Well hello, John. It seems you have an opinion on everything today. Perhaps before you decide to ramble on, you should have full knowledge of the situation at hand. As it stands, you know 10% of the information.

As for yourself, John, perhaps if you spent more time contributing to the topics here, and less time complaining, you would find this forum more enjoyable.

Have a nice day.
What's wrong with having an opinion? is that not allowed here either? No one can contribute to the topics here.. they delete the posts faster then I can post.

SO hurry up and read this.. it'll be gone in minutes.

Peace,
Nacho

Nachos said:
What's wrong with having an opinion? is that not allowed here either? No one can contribute to the topics here.. they delete the posts faster then I can post.

SO hurry up and read this.. it'll be gone in minutes.

Peace,
Nacho

Hmmm...

No it wont be gone, I'll leave it here.
But hopefully everyone who's been reading some of Nachos "contributions" to this forum will understand why he's gone now... :roll:

Rndr Safe said:
You better ratchet down, Cold Steel. I am not aware of any one deleting any of your posts as I have said to you in your vague and accusatory PM.

For someone claiming to have been an infantry officer, you don't seem to have very much situational awareness.

I suggest you check yourself, and check it fast.

This is rather amusing to me. A forum that must insist on absolute compliance with a a rule book, doesn't real want free expression of ideas. What they really want is the party line, as the mods and admins see it. By the way, I'm not apoligizing for my previous posts. Anyone who thought that I would just doesn't understand my code.

The ball is in your court now. Free speech or a rather dismal parody of the same.

You've been given your warning. Play by the rules everyone else plays by, or be gone.

Take your complaints to PMs from this point on, you've created enough disruption on the board.

Redleg said:
Hmmm...

No it wont be gone, I'll leave it here.
But hopefully everyone who's been reading some of Nachos "contributions" to this forum will understand why he's gone now... :roll:
Thank God for that.:pirate2: :thumb: *sigh*

Damn, it's starting to sound like basic training in here. This slavish adherence to the rules is kinda scary. I'm still a new guy, but jeez, people come here to communicate, not march and shine shoes.

Insight said:
Damn, it's starting to sound like basic training in here. This slavish adherence to the rules is kinda scary. I'm still a new guy, but jeez, people come here to communicate, not march and shine shoes.

I would advise you to to visit the Hall of Shame and take a look at the type of threads that us mods take action on. You will be amazed at some of the BS that people try to inject on this forum. The rules are quite easy to follow. I had no problems with the mods when I was new to the forums because I read and understood the rules. Yes people come here to communicate. All we ask is that members respect all views, keep the language clean and be respectful to other members. If someone cannot follow those simple guidlines, then we have no problem with banning them.

Doody

That sounds reasonable. However there does seem to be a bit of an "I'm in charge here", Al Haig sorta vibe coming across.

Insight said:
This slavish adherence to the rules is kinda scary.
If you check out the hall of shame, and compare it to the other discussions in here you'll see that 95% of the posts/threads that we have moved or deleted has been so because of disrespectful (flaming/bashing/swearing) behavior towards other members and/or mods...

Just follow common sense and curtesy when you interact with total strangers (as we really are in here), and you shouldn't have too much to worry much about when it comes to following the "slavish" rules.. ;)

What as crock!!!!

Cold Steel said:
(Jan 18, 2006)
This is rather amusing to me. A forum that must insist on absolute compliance with a a rule book, doesn't real want free expression of ideas. What they really want is the party line, as the mods and admins see it. By the way, I'm not apoligizing for my previous posts. Anyone who thought that I would just doesn't understand my code (Please post your code - bet it doesn't meet the forum standards).

From your postings (Cold Steel), I question "U. S. Army Infantry as an officer, because I have been there and done that" statement.

Your comments are of the childish kind and I just can't see a former Army Officer making this type of statement.
(If I'm wrong, then I apologise.)

Insight said:
(Jan 18, 2006)
Damn, it's starting to sound like basic training in here. This slavish adherence to the rules is kinda scary. I'm still a new guy, but jeez, people come here to communicate, not march and shine shoes. (This is a military forum)

(Jan 18, 2006)
That sounds reasonable. However there does seem to be a bit of an "I'm in charge here", Al Haig sorta vibe coming across (Someone has to babysit the children).

:read: It sounds like a bunch of little boys out behind the barn trying to impress each other with how bad they are by cussing and chewing and spittin.

:bang: :bang: :bang: Grow up a little and learn how to play the game by the rules and the MODS won't have to spank you.

Last edited:
cold steel and nachos.
your just a can of :spam:
The mods do a *D-A-M-N* good job of running this forum. when i first started posting here i was just like you, i had a mod talk to me and i realized that 90% of the stuff i posted was a bunch of shit. now i get praise from mods and im actually a respected poster.
the one thing that matters in this forum is:

the quality of posts. not the quantity.

you dont like it? leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back