Free Money

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Ok, now that I got your attention...

The US Army's referral program has been expanded. The bonus now for referring someone who enlists is $2000 dollars and retirees are now elgible for this program.

Details can be found at the USAREC command website under the "ARS-Smart" program link.

www.usarec.army.mil

I'd like to know where is the money coming from before I formed an opinion as to if it is a good idea or not.

You've got Buckley's on getting an answer to that question if you want something more detailed than say... your tax dollars or the recruiting budget.

They aren't foregoing purchasing 5.56mm ammunition to pay out to soldiers and retirees who are going above and beyond to help the recruiting command fill the ranks.

You've got Buckley's on getting an answer to that question if you want something more detailed than say... your tax dollars or the recruiting budget.

They aren't foregoing purchasing 5.56mm ammunition to pay out to soldiers and retirees who are going above and beyond to help the recruiting command fill the ranks.

I doubt it will come out of Ammo, but the Army gets only so much money, and saying with each enlistee a $2,000 bonus may be paid to someone listed as a referrer, instead of National Guard members listed as Recruiting Assistants, well that could work out to a lot of money, and even though the Federal Government has its own printing press, the money has to come from someplace else.

I'm all for finding the many millions of missing Tax Dollars that Civilian Contractors seem to have misplaced in Iraq, and using that money to pay a lot of extra money to Troops in the Combat Zone, and other Troops, to a lesser degree in the Military at large, and pay more for signing bonuses.

Back