Fraud on facebook

Karenp

I have recently been asked by a person claiming to be in the 101st airborne to be a friend on Facebook. They had the pictures and profile of someone in the screaming eagles, date of birth, service history everything looked ok. What raised my suspicions was that the account and all the pics started on 30th may 2013. Being curious I accepted, the grammar and compilation of his sentences was all wrong and within two days they were asking me to send money to a family member as they were short this month. I asked for their APO address and they gave me an address in Nigeria.
Yesterday I got another request from someone else, this time the composition was far slicker and better executed.
Who do I report it to?

I think the only option you have is to report it as spam to the Facebook administrators. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any group in either government, police or military in any country that can attempt to bring these fraudsters to justice.

I have recently been asked by a person claiming to be in the 101st airborne to be a friend on Facebook. They had the pictures and profile of someone in the screaming eagles, date of birth, service history everything looked ok. What raised my suspicions was that the account and all the pics started on 30th may 2013. Being curious I accepted, the grammar and compilation of his sentences was all wrong and within two days they were asking me to send money to a family member as they were short this month. I asked for their APO address and they gave me an address in Nigeria.
Yesterday I got another request from someone else, this time the composition was far slicker and better executed.
Who do I report it to?

I've been in contact with everyone they've made friends with and warned them. It's appauling that they can get the info and pictures of serving personnel. The most annoying thing is there's no one to report it to that's interested

I've been in contact with everyone they've made friends with and warned them. It's appauling that they can get the info and pictures of serving personnel. The most annoying thing is there's no one to report it to that's interested

There is,... but I can't tell you where.

Someone posted me an email about it but I trashed it, as I don't accept strangers as Facebook "friends". If I don't know them in person, they are certainly not my "friends",... acquaintances,... maybe, but friends,... certainly not.

I think you might be wise to do the same.

Back