FRANCE vs USA: who's stronger in military force?

Which is stronger in military power?

• FRANCE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNITED STATES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MARC

Banned
Yes, I wonder what people think of France in terms of her military compared to the USA. Who has bigger muscles? :rambo:

8) Yes, people always think USA is the best. But wait a moment and consider this -- to be in France is safer than to be in USA? France has prevented any attacks by her enemies on her. Yet, the US has not been able to prevent or foresee attacks on her soil (Sep 11-- pardon me!).
So it's not the size that matters but the strength of a military force must take into consideration its effective deterrence from enemy attacks. If it is successful in this aspect and has prevented any enemy from doing damages on its own soil, then it seems that the military force of that country is stronger. :?:

Did your country prevent Germany from invading and taking over? Is your military as advanced as ours? Oh and how many people around the world has France freed in the last century alone?

Your question is, whos stronger in military force? Dont play with words. The U.S.A would steam roll france when you compare military power. I guess "whos stronger at repelling attacks?" would be a better question. :cowb:

jen.parabellum said:
Did your country prevent Germany from invading and taking over? Is your military as advanced as ours? Oh and how many people around the world has France freed in the last century alone?

There my friend, you are mistaken!
We French had sacrificed millions of lives in WW1 and would not like to repeat the same mistake in WW2. We are a little smart to let our friends fight the enemies. We did not wish to end up in a deadlock like we did with Germany in WW1.

Military wise, yes my dear friend, we are as advanced. What USA has, we also possess.

France freed the world from the Inquisition. France provided money and weapons to USA in her fight for independence from England. Last and not least, the statue of Liberty in New York was a gift of friendship from France. Pardon, but France was the first to invent democracy which the USA followed.

So we are very good friends with USA. 8)

MARC said:
jen.parabellum said:

There my friend, you are mistaken!
We French had sacrificed millions of lives in WW1 and would not like to repeat the same mistake in WW2. We are a little smart to let our friends fight the enemies. We did not wish to end up in a deadlock like we did with Germany in WW1.

Military wise, yes my dear friend, we are as advanced. What USA has, we also possess.

France freed the world from the Inquisition. France provided money and weapons to USA in her fight for independence from England. Last and not least, the statue of Liberty in New York was a gift of friendship from France. Pardon, but France was the first to invent democracy which the USA followed.

So we are very good friends with USA. 8)

No one said you didn't fight. But Germany did take over France and replaced the government in WWII. Thanks to the Resistance, the Allies were able to land on the beaches of Normandy and paid a horrible cost of life, to free France.

So you're going to use the United States as an example?

We on the other hand: France, Germany, Italy, Japan among numerous other nations. Just recently we have freed 25 million people in Iraq, also you cannot forget Afghanistan.

Poland has almost what we have, because there are contracts between our governments, therefore your governments pays mine for those weapons, there are contracts between Boeing and Lockheed Martin with your country.

Yes you did help the United States win independence from England and gave us the Statue of Liberty but we had people die on your land, twice in a world war and of course we would do it again.

But then why is your government so judgemental against ours? Did we not free you from Nazi Germany? Did we not put the stop to the killing of French citizens?

France was not the first to invent democracy because democracy was invented back in Ancient Greece and Rome. And did we not send Thomas Jefferson over to draft the new Indepence for France? Did our war with England not cause an coup d'etat of your government because your king and queen were beheaded for it.

That's just what I learned from the history books of course.

MARC said:
8) Yes, people always think USA is the best. But wait a moment and consider this -- to be in France is safer than to be in USA? France has prevented any attacks by her enemies on her. Yet, the US has not been able to prevent or foresee attacks on her soil (Sep 11-- pardon me!).
So it's not the size that matters but the strength of a military force must take into consideration its effective deterrence from enemy attacks. If it is successful in this aspect and has prevented any enemy from doing damages on its own soil, then it seems that the military force of that country is stronger. :?:

well, i would really have to consider this: does France have any viable targets within its borders that would offer a terrorist the chance to make a statement? I mean, the twin towers and the pentagon were really big, reconisable items that when took down, served not only as a warning to the US of the terrorist might, and the relatively relaxed security of our own country, but equally served to wake up the other countries as well, with out having to repeat the performance.

additionally, I believe that France has always had a good repetoire with the middle east: the country has served as a haven for iran dissidents when the Shah was in power, and I imagine it is a haven for countless other groups do to its permissive society and government. Its a good thing that France does this: I don't think any other civilized country in the world, with the possible exception of some countries in south america, offers such a place of refuge.

Now we have a comparison based on the effectiveness based on deterrence. I agree, one of the indicators of effectiveness is the lack of an armed incursion by an aggressor. But does this apply to the application of force by surprise? would the effectiveness of the military force in this instance be also judged by its response?

Currently, the US is involved in at least four areas where they are supporting standing armys actively involved with conflicts other than total war: kosovo, S. Korea, Afganistan, and Iraq. Now, looking at the main scope, I see that france is supporting a few areas, but nothing to the response and depth that the US is. And the US has a larger reserve waiting in the wings.

Now France does have something going for it: their special police and army units do and can hit the terrorists back real good. They really do not screw around. They know it: the terrorists know it. and they don't mess with them.

And yes: despite everything said and done, France and the US are allies. where it counts: not in the newspapers, not in the seats of government, but in just the normal people of the two countries. One country with people that remember and are grateful for the help it got when it needed it: one group remembering fighting for people worth fighting for. My grandfather fought in WWI in france: he said that the French officers were truly :cen: but the french foot soldiers were good, and worth fighting with. and he told me the french civilians shared what they had, with nary a complaint.

bottom line: the real proof of your armies effectiveness is if you still exist as a nation. we don't cave in or roll over if a hurricane or a earthquake hits us: its just another stone in the path. :D

You have no targets why would terrorist strike you? If somthin happened the world might think "damn that sucks" but in America if terrorist strike they are thinkin "wow....."

I dont think it is frances military that is the deterrent, it is the CT groups such as DGSE, GIGN, RAID, EPIGN, which are your police! and they have a very good reputation!
Secondly i dont think france is as strong as the USA military wise as france lacks the strike and airlift capabilities which i think makes the USA the strongest military! as a deterrent yes frances military works as it is one of the top 4 militaries in the world, through equipment and training!
Thats just my thoughts!

Locked!

Please read the forum rules:
Additional rules in this category:

No more "Who's best" posts allowed until further notice.
(Who is/has the best SF/Army/Leader, who would win if Norway invades Sweden etc...)
History related posts like this are still allowed. (in the history category)
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1469

We've had too many who's best, who'll win, who's toughest etc.. threads here already, and ALL of them has turned out bad.
And this one is going in the wrong direction already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back