France destroys Ivory Coasts Air Force

--
Boots

November 8th, 2004  
DTop

Topic: France destroys Ivory Coasts Air Force

What do you think about the French action against the Ivory Coast? Is it justified?

Quote:
Nov 8, 2004 By Silvia Aloisi and Peter Murphy

ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast (Reuters) - Hundreds of demonstrators faced off with French troops in Abidjan on Monday after state radio urged protesters to form a "human shield" to protect the house of Ivory Coast President Laurent Gbagbo.

Gbagbo, leader of the world's biggest cocoa producer, appealed for an end to the anti-French violence which erupted after France destroyed most of the country's air force in retaliation for the killing of nine French peacekeepers.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=234962
November 8th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

It is indeed justified, an act of self-defense really. French troops were killed by such fihters strafing their positions, who's to say that if these air force assets were left untouched, that such an event would not reoccur?
November 8th, 2004  
Darcia

I think it was justified. Most Nations of the world would have done something similiar. Just Look at Iraq these people are getting kidnapped and the Nations are attacking them still. I think it was more for show though on the French part just to let them know that they aren't leaving.
--
Boots
November 8th, 2004  
Lupos

I will not judge them for doing something any country would do.
November 8th, 2004  
c/Commander

Justified. No doubt...and no cracks against the French military please, just as a warning. This isn't the time or the place.
November 8th, 2004  
03USMC

Yes it was justified. However my question is this. It's wrong for the US to protect it's interests. So can this be seen as a double standard?
November 8th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Right thing to do. But also proves they're a kettle that calls a pot .... African American.
November 8th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Yeah it was justified, it also stops the planes and helicopters falling into the wrong hands.
November 9th, 2004  
c/Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Right thing to do. But also proves they're a kettle that calls a pot .... African American.
No doubt.
November 9th, 2004  
Lupos

It is a double standard, but you must admit it is justified. They have already lost 9 French soldiers.