France, Africa seeks support for regional Mali force

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
ABIDJAN/NIONO, Mali (Reuters) - France and West African leaders called on Saturday on other world powers to commit money and logistical support for African armies readying their troops to join French soldiers already battling al Qaeda-linked militants in Mali. The appeal came as African leaders met in Ivory Coast to hammer out details of a regional mission that is due to take over from French forces but is dispatching soldiers while still short of financing, planning and even ammunition. ...

More...

What's the odds Britain and the US get dragged in?

The exact same thought crossed my mind when Dave (S)cameron said today that Mali was a "large and existential terrorist threat" and "the UK and other countries must act to deny terrorists a safe haven wherever they seek it".

I have a feeling this is just the start of things to come in North Africa. Hopefully we don't get involved and I'm proved wrong.

The exact same thought crossed my mind when Dave (S)cameron said today that Mali was a "large and existential terrorist threat" and "the UK and other countries must act to deny terrorists a safe haven wherever they seek it".

And still the prick expects British forces to fight around the world even after reducing their size to a dangerous level. Politicians might be highly educated, but they have got the common sense of a chocolate frog. As a friend of mine put it, "Highly educated idiots."

I have a feeling this is just the start of things to come in North Africa. Hopefully we don't get involved and I'm proved wrong.

Its not just North Africa, I know for a fact that British forces are very active in Botswana, its also been said that Al Qaeda are operating training camps in South Africa with full knowledge of the ANC.

Reducing defense budgets to a dangerous level...wonder where I've heard that one before. :roll:

As our PM stood on TV talking about sending Norwegian fighters to support the operations in Afghanistan, the ground crew on an airbase nearby started wondering wether they should send one fighter, or both. :roll:

Another 5000 redundancies announced today. :evil:

The plan is to reduce the size of the British armed forces from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2017 or so.

Last edited:
Another 5000 redundancies announced today. :evil:

The plan is to reduce the size of the British armed forces from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2017 or so.

Its absolute insanity. There were more troops picked off the beaches at Dunkirk then serving men and women.

Back