Fragmented Fighting Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insomniac - thanks, that is interesting. Gives me an idea of just what you kids can get away with! You are leaving us behind; t'was always thus, my lot did it with rock and roll! And we are still rolling, those who survived the drugsthat is.

Part D) PATROL ORDER: Information pertaining to patrols, you will always have alternates, even a complete alternative sheet. CALL SIGN/SHACKLE SHEET: this is all info used in communicating i.e. call signs for mission success, failure, abort, medivac, all secure, friendly & or foe WIA KIA MIA etc. there would be a section called a Shackle sheet for encoding of numbers. Morse code etc...
1) Unit information – call sign, name used to refer to your unit. Frequency, channel or ph. number.
2) Unit position – call sign, grid coordinates (Gs), could also be address. Feature of recognition (F.O.R.) some sort of land mark for others to find your location, or for you to use upon return.
3) Time of departure– time patrol is set to start. Use 24 hr & synchronize with all involved.
4) Point of departure– call sign, Gs, F.O.R., Estimated time of arrival (ETA) that is when you should be there & prepared to leave.
5) Line of departure
– call sign, Gs, F.O.R., E.T.A., in this case E.T.A. is when you will arrive at line of departure. At which time contact with foe is not only possible it is likely.
6) Patrol routes -
call signs, cardinal or azimuth direction, distance or time to remain on course. F.O.R. & suggested formations. There are multiple routes & you need reminding that you are on track. There for you will have call signs & features (plural) of recognition. Usually F.O.R. indicates a change in formation. So unit is better situated for different terrain.
7) Check points
– call signs, Gs, F.O.R., ETA. Ck pts are usually in the rg of 1km in jungle terrain. They are intersections of patrol routes; normally indicate a change in course. You well check your location & orientation do a roll call, check weapons, equipment, make any adjustments to schedules at these points.
8 ) Rally points
- call signs, Gs, F.O.R. rally points are locations Marines can regroup with one another if they get separated. There is a FINAL RALLY POINT (FRP) that is used for regrouping after your unit has gone though objective. Because you will often scatter & leave objective in all directions, so witnesses cannot make guess as to your general direction of travel, or your next objective. This also gives each Marine chance to spot any enemy scouts or reinforcements. If you are spotted on your way to the FRP. You should lead foe away. The FRP dose have an ETA because you will not won’t to wait around there very long. You also have a password or signal & avenue or direction of approach, also approach time intervals. Example, at hour or half hour marks. A rule of thumb is 1 or 2 can brake all the rules, many not any. This keeps you from killing some poor delirious just trying to get there bastards. 1 or 2 troops are not going to take your position. Large units on the other hand have no excuse. You can also post a Reception unit out in direction of approach (like a door butler). This unit can also serve as a maneuver counter attack unit if FRP is attacked. Note in some circumstances (deep in enemy terrain with only one extraction point) it is safer for the entire unit to withdrawal from objective as a fighting column. Note IMO there is no real benefit to what most manuals refer to as FRPs just before assault.
9) Objective– call sign, Gs, F.O.R. for air operations, features that stand out from the ground may not make good landmarks from the air, especially at night. These are the sort of things you should be looking for: Coastline in distinctive stretches, especially with breaking surf or white sand beaches, river mouths over 100 meters wide or sharp promontories or inlets. Bends in rivers more than 100 meters wide. Heavily wooded banks will reduce their visibility. Canals, their straight course & consistent width make them easy to spot, except where the surrounding countryside follows a uniform pattern. Lakes at least a ½ sq mi in area with a distinctive shape or feature. Woods a sq mi or more in size, with clear-cut boundaries or some special identifying feature. Major road & highway intersections. The general plan of attack; Who, what, where, when, why, how. In defense a unit doubles or triples its combat power. The 3/1 ratio applies not just to Infantry but equipment. Ratio varies with size of force, platoon level maybe 10-1, theater 1-1 or 1-2. because only small part of terrain fought over at a time. But with larger ratio less time to win. Info good, terrain/weather good day raid. Info bad, terrain/weather bad night raid. The worst the weather, longer the battle, more fatigue, greater the casualties.
10) Support and reserves and R.O.E.
there would be a list including Units, equipment or weapons available fallowed by grid co ordinances designating, areas (i.e. boxes or squares) where units could provide support. Basically you only need to know, how to contact (call signs and frequencies are located on call sign shackle sheet) and how and where unit can help you. NOT THEIR LOCATIONS this is so if any foe gets hold of your units Patrol order, they do not have all other units’ locations. Rules of engagements, any specifics. Troops most remember the political & psychological impact of their actions. Local populations may be neutral or have luke warm feelings for the foreign forces. Excessive use of force can cause locals to support foe.

Last edited:
And the point of this thread is???
I certainly can't see the meaning of this thread, other then a large copy'n paste job from old field manuals???

A`HOY, well with all the editing I have made another mistake.

Yesterday with Part D) Patrol order. Under # 8 ) Rally points I wrote the fallowing; Note IMO there is no real benefit to what most manuals refer to as FRPs just before assault.
You see Uncle Sam uses what is referred to as a Final Check point where the patrol is suppose to double check everything an prepare for attack etc. IMO the same procedures are fallowed at every check point with no more or less importance, there is no need to hoop and hype one more than the others. ANYWAYS! As one can tell from my version of a Patrol order I’ve eliminated any so called Final check point and added a FRP after the attack. So I should have written Final check point in my note in the post after # 8 ).

But then again based on the last post from the-13th redneck and redleg I'll ask how many of you noticed the mistake. And since I'm just copying and pasting how about someone take us though Preparations and conduct of Patrols. I'm trying to share with members and IMO there are those who are copying form my post and that's the point of this to reveal the lack of traditional trainging for the service men and wemon. And now they and reporters can ask some inteligent questions of how the US is fighting the GWOT. When we get to Conduct of Engagements I realy wont someone to cliam they new all this already. And then explain the lack of video showing the tactics being used in the field. Like I've said its not a disoplane of silience it's a lack of knolage. And IMO the vet against the war are like I was all those years ago, they know they where not ready for those Guerillas but they can't explan why. Now I can and thank to IMF I am. We are on the same side I hate book thumpers. I want the Corps esp. to be the best. And we can't when buy bombing wedding parties etc. We must use the same tactics listed here and to fallow. G-day!

Previously edited note located under # 9) objective in Patrol order;
Deep operations are actions against enemy forces not yet in contact with friendly. Prevent foe from massing, create opportunities for other offensive actions, disrupt C4IRS and supplies. Used to slow foe down. Airpower and artillery are main weapons used. Light infantry is particularly suitable in areas of constricted terrain, fighting in MOUT and conducting airborne/mobile ops. Airborne/mobile ops used to seize key objectives before they are destroyed. Example; Medical buildings, malls, stadiums, schools, (take advantage of air conditioning and electrical systems in large buildings) parks, sports fields, swimming pools, construction sites, lumber and steel mills or yards, maintenance gauges. When a large force is concentrated on a narrow front attempting to break lines, airborne/mobile units may bypass adversaries’ main defenses to destroy artillery, C4I and logistical targets and secure key terrain in foe’s stern.
Inserting into hostile territory: Air options, there are three Airborne and three Airmobile variants.

Airborne; # 1) Low altitude low opening (LALO) WWII, troops dropped form 1k’. #2) High Altitude Low Opening (HALO). #3) High Altitude High Opening (HAHO).

Air mobile operations; This is actually landing, as on an L.Z. #1) Helicopters, Hot landing zones helicopters would be loaded with fewer Marines for quicker departures. When Marines planning on repelling or jumping out of helicopters, they would drop Alice packs from altitude onto landing zone first. #2) Fixed wing aircraft (powdered or gliders) can land on LZs too. #3) The third Air mobile option is to buy an airline ticket LOL.

Considerations; a) Do you have a Reception unit, to act as guides and porters, transport people and supplies to safe locations, provide security and 'sterilize' the site. Reception units are assets to all insertions. But may not always be available. In some cases you will have to go in blind. b) Do adequate DZs or LZs exist? LZ chosen, with regard to time available, direction of the sun and wind. Aircraft won’t to land and take off into the wind. Release point or beginning of runways marked with arrow pointing in direction of approach, coinciding also with wind and only visible from approach side. Wind speed indicated by additional flares in arrow stem after three, flare intervals 25 meters. One extra = 5-10 mph, 2=10-15 mph, 3= 15-25 mph, higher than 25 mph consider another day.
Drift formula objects usually fallow aircraft for 300’ before being effected by wind. Aircraft height in feet multiplied by wind in knots multiplied by a constant of three for bundles, four for troops.
Dispersion formula ½ of aircrafts speed in knots multiplied by departure time in seconds gives area needed on ground in meters. Dimensions of landing zone, azimuths and range of F.O.R. and obstacles are recorded and reported as if in center of landing zone and in clockwise manner. Paratroopers do not want to land in cultivated fields. c) Fire power you can bring to bare and enemy air defenses. d) How good are the foe’s defenses, radars and air traffic control systems? e) Weather to land on or near, than maneuver troops to objective. Surprise can sometimes be achieved landing on site. Gliders and helicopters advantages; All Marines land together on objective, more rested for combat.

Land operations; Infiltration overland can be the most secure way of all for insertion, especially if time is not all-important. DZs or LZs and especially amphibious insertions are unlikely to be right next door to objective and will probably end up as overland journeys anyways. Even in time of war, it is usually possible to gain access to the enemy's territory from a neighboring country. Using, false identities and disguises. The success of this method depends on the quality of your cover and documentation. Fabrications and forgeries serve as evidence when real documents are not available. Do not travel to nation your foreign documents are issued from. Price of documents, nation with most influence in area are the cheapest priced. The biggest advantage of this approach is that once you have gotten through the identity checks, searches and interrogation, you will be able to live quite openly in enemy territory.
Amphibious insertions: Consider many of the factors that affect airborne/airmobile insertions, available and types of coastlines. Best to land between high and low tides where sand is firmest and at night due to wind direction. Do you have kit to make sure sea water can't affect vital pieces of equipment?

Last edited:
Is there something wrong with our current helo LZ policies that I'm not aware of? Besides the Osprey sometimes setting them on fire, I haven't heard of a recent issue that has arisen with Marines debarking from helicopters under combat conditions.

Also, we don't use ALICE anymore. Stop quoting from ancient FMs and give us something new.

A`HOY, C/commander, your point about Marines not landing under combat conditions. You see that’s what I believe we need to see. Marines being party poopers lol. Not bombing wedding parties just because it may be some sort of logistics train. I am thinking of fast forwarding to Conduit of Engagements where it gets much more exciting, but my fellow IMF member there is nothing new here its all tried at tested rules of combat that have been used for centuries in some cases. And my hole point is US is trying to forget it all and counter it with Buck Rogers tactics and Machines. It’s like the old phase “you can’t win a war with bombs an blockades” now updated to “You can win a war with bombs and blockades, but only boots on the ground can stop the war”. IMO US is trying to use local boots to fulfill that last part and forget about training our troops. The rest of this post is what I had already planned on posting. Thank you for you reply.

No one can find the rules (in the exact order) I’m about to list in the fallowing post (Defense, Preparations & conduct of patrols, or Conduct of engagements) in any FM anywhere of any era. I’m the one who put them in the order you well see them. I simply listed them in order one might need to use them. (note best I can recall some of the defensive rules where mentioned in a FM in the same order, but not listed as rules in the order I list them in Tri-F) All this is explained in the original preface to Tri-F that I wish I could have posted but that would have given away my ID to the general public which I’m not doing to protect others around me.

I’m now going to post two pages of notes on Pro and anti Guerrilla/insurgency tactics. Now I have not read General Petraeus’s new book about the subject. I bet it’s 300 plus pages. And my hypothesis is that no one could find very much more useful information about guerilla warfare in the General’s book vs my two pages. Then we well move into Defense where the listed rules began to show the real life saving benefits of my Tri-F format. Stand by!

As usual I would like to remind those trying to learn and share with me to check from time to time for editing notes posted at my CP.
G-day!

A`HOY, C/commander, your point about Marines not landing under combat conditions. You see that’s what I believe we need to see.

No, Marines land under combat conditions all of the time. My point was that there haven't been any problems with their current methods of doing so.

A`HOY, C/commander Okay sir, I'm sure they do conduit combat LZ ops. But its nothing like Vietnam hot LZ style and IMO the improvements are base on high tech. Can you share any tactics that have been used.

Pro guerrilla / insurgency operations
Meaning the way they the guerrillas fight strategically.
Trans-national guerrillas referred to as the great equalizer. Guerrilla warfare is for the morally strong and materially weak. It is far more intellectual than a bayonet charge. Expansion phase volunteers trained as agitators (to stir up) and propagandists are sent out to enlist popular support. A process that is clandestine, methodical and progressive. May last for years. Disassociates the population with government. They outline shared goals for guerrillas and population. The nation’s character/population must be favorable to the measures, motivations and cause. In early phases struggle must be purely defensive the guerrilla/volunteer most concentrate on his district. The threats of war most embrace a considerable extent of the nation. The war must first be carried out in the heart of the nation’s cities. The nation most be of broken and difficult nature, mountains, forest, marsh or dessert. Not easy for regulars to cut off support. Large areas of land between guerrillas and regulars laid waste by flood fire (marsh or desert) so regulars will have to cross it. If regulars persist on staying there he will suffer in waist land. Example; Anbar province in Iraq. Guerrillas should be concerned with the entire area that separates regulars from there bases. The war can not be decided by a single catastrophe. Vanity, the guerrilla who suffers from this is blinded by successes he winds up organizing action that he considers decisive and commits all resources. Stretching forces and influences to thin. Precipitous actions, leader loses patients suffers an attack of nerves. Dose not wait for everything to come together. Tries to solve problems by forcing actions. Prolonged operations are to be avoided hence preferred tactics to strategies. This means on a cell level not fighting to long for one thing. Be opportunist, attack everything and defend nothing. To gain terrain is no cause for joy, to lose it no cause for sorrow. Using death and destruction to spread panic far beyond points of physical impact. Targets are carefully picked to transmit psychological messages that shape public opinions and behavior. Design attack to take place where it will not bring with it an obvious or clear cut choice of response. (Guerrillas often drive into town fire rockets thin leave)Targeting variety of victims at random times and places reduces the value of early warning. Novelty and surprises throw an enemy into consternation (dismay and confusion), but common incidents have a diminishing effect. The aim is to make security appear impotent and concessions seem preferable to chaos. Organization; cellular structure is used at village and district level. Province or regional structure might be more like traditional government. Run companies for arms and equipment manufacturing. Stirring committee cells similar to Apache war parties, assume many sizes they generally start with a multi purpose nucleus, leadership or Command element/cell, combat or assault element/cell and support or logistics element/cell. Cells seldom exceed 10 members. Some stagnate others under the supervision of highly skilled handlers mature as multi faceted syndicates with numerous off shoots. Movement grows by adding cells instead of expanding elements. Keeping cells small helps to simplify internal control and prevent compromise (compromise is exposure of covert operations, plans or members). Intermediaries AKA cutouts normally separate chiefs from Indians and cells from each other. So that captured members furnish few leads. During any interactions/contact i.e. meetings, ideally all cutouts conceal there true I.D. At worst the cutout knows his or her one contact. Blind drop covert delivery of message with out contact between cutouts. Compartmentalization/cell system based on need to know bases. Cells subdivide support tasks and perform them step by step in series. One element/cell might make purchases, than a second manufactures components, third completes assembly and fourth distributes. Fifth uses product. Publish papers in same way.

Last edited:
Honestly guys, I was as lost as you when reading this stuff... But it's obvious that he is "sharing"... I'm used to things like that.

Dont you have a forum in your universities? in mine, there was threads like that done by the teachers... they met there to throw a lot of knowledge, and you could come back and use it as a memo and such...

Anyway, it wasnt obvious because, let's be honest, the presentation is not wonderful, but it's acceptable... I would give him a B at least...

Now, it looks that there isnt many grunts here who are ready to discuss these things in public... but they can always copy these notes and discuss it with coworkers.

And, correct me if I'm wrong. But I think that the army have logistics expert and such who are planning for the troops in the field. with all the communication devices, satellites, drones and GPS...

The command post can know exactly where are his men, what they are doing, if they have ammo or not... so no need to spend much time training them into the decision taking process... You let them take care of field stuff and tactics, but when it comes to strategy, you let a man, confortable installed on his chair give orders...

and simple orders like "take X building, watch out, there is opfor reported in Y building, the A unit took the M path to reach this objective, we advice you to take the same route as it's still secured."

no need to be a rocket scientist to do that... and the problem will be the day you will have real enemies in front of you, and not jokes like the Iraqui army or the Taleban...

If they take out the communication capabilities... Think of China with anti-satellite missiles... The soldiers would be lost or at least, poorly experimented in the decision taking process...

but once again, I may be underestimating the training of the soldiers, I'm not a soldier... I dont know what they can do or what they do. No mean to disrespect...

A`HOY Lemask I well read and address your post next thanks.

Anti guerrilla / insurgence operations
Meaning the way the USA should fight to win it.
Regulars in small wars must frequently adopt retrograde movements but these must be very deliberate as they always encourage the guerrilla. Squares and other defensive works are far more important then in regular warfare. Professional police work helps but informants are scares. Attempts to penetrate small hyperaware cells is a time consuming perilous occupation. Pay offs are limited unless plants are in C4I. Intimate relationships with local populations are to be avoided due to spies. Must not show favoritism to anyone either. Lawrence of Arabia strategy had three elements 1) Algebraically 2) Biological 3) Psychological. Over all goals, persuades population to cooperate with government. Militarily anti guerrilla operations seldom succeed, unless a direct offensive roots out the infrastructure, separates local underground from guerrillas and stops outside assistance. Kill the head, hearts and minds fallow, the separation of fish (Guerrillas) from the supporting sea (the people). As Mao once put it, mass deprivation of the agrarian infrastructure. Because the ability to furnish or deny food provides a useful lever. Regimes which permit freedom of oral and written expression keep finger on the pulse of public. By allowing disgruntled citizens to air grievances, try to manage rather than resist change. Rally loyal factions leaving malcontents/Guerrillas with out support. Promoting understanding and contacts between artist, clergy, elites, journalists, labor leaders, military, political, teachers and students, with academic and cultural exchanges. Such as lectures, seminars, symposium, student exchange programs. The best way to deal with guerrillas is to preempt them through economical development and social reform. Example; Iraqi local tribes paid to protect pipelines. Deterrence that eliminates causes instead of symptoms is particularly illusive. Political economic and social reforms which deflate genuine grievances help eradicate guerrillas by convincing a populist majority that government programs are preferred to the guerrilla’s promises. Reforms that reapportion influence and provide equal opportunity for all may alleviate or eliminate guerrilla causes. If policy makers take appropriate steps early enough and avoid replacing one set of problems with others. Those techniques AKA winning hearts and minds however are less beneficial as a counter insurgency tool. Meaning Guerrillas are a foreign movement. Or if guerrillas are opposing a long time despised government. Negotiated compromise in such cases is possible but improbable. Rhetoric by officials increases guerrilla prestige government must match words with will and means. Negotiated compromise that offers some satisfaction to guerrillas customarily is an ultimatum, although guerrillas may approve of the process since it publicizes there purpose and divest them with status equal to beleaguered government. They will then share blame if blood shed continues. Consequently to not invite them relinquishes privilege and shared blame. Guerrilla motivations normally are to prevent open promises. Normally accept few rewards short of total success and publicized victory.
NOTE like I’ve said I can't stand any Book thumpers however IMO the fallowing is a good example to make the argument for a new foreign policy. And lift the Christian yoke from our brave men and women. U.S. foreign policy equals Christian beliefs “we not only have the right but the obligation to spread our ways. Foreigners don’t know the benefits we have been blessed with.” U.S. government’s cover and message or revealed truth, to the public “we're going to help rescue these people”. IMO when politics is spun too much, population turns to religion so government must too. In the past U.S. also anti communist vs. economical interest. Even if the opposition leader was not communist, what if leader is over thrown by someone who is. Lessens learned by other nations witnessing U.S. supported coups. The CIA will use all means available to wreak target government. Universities, science, media, industry, trade, religion. Then when foreign leader makes speech warning of such action it is use by US media to portray leader as paranoid. Tactical deterrence dilemmas; Israel’s swift and sure punishment vs. British approach which has kept better faith with humane principles and tactics. I think we all know which way the US has chosen to go the last 7 years.

Last edited:
Le Mask, this is not an on line uni so why would anyone expect all this random, pointless, nonsensical text?
If you would be so kind as to leave the moderation to moderators, things will work out fine.

A`HOY Lemask I would like to say that any man who can speak two languages is twice as smart as me. I fully understand a person who’s first language is not English having trouble with Tri-F written in the just the facts ma’am manor it is. That means there has been no great effort to write in whole sentences or correct English.
And I have added some verbs etc in places during the editing of this 250 page original FM (Tri-F) to make it more readable than the original copy believe it or not LOL. I’m also just realizing how much room IMF has so kindly provided it’s members for post and threads. Like I sad it’s first class if I had known this at first I may have paid more attention to spacing etc.

IMO the members who are monitoring this are having less trouble with understanding it and more with countering it. They were the ones who acted like I had no reasons to question the training of my time or theirs. Now I’m sharing all the reasons and we have not even gotten to the best stuff yet. And I’ll say it one more time I knew almost non of this when I served (and complained about all the running and the lack training) and could not tell people what was missing at the time but now I have lots of info and want others to have it.

I believe you (Lemask) have a good Idea and understanding how US is running things on the battle field.

I would say it’s like the movie Matrix, where Morfus guided Neo or tried to guide Neo to safety when the Agents showed up at his work. LOL.
Like you pointing out the cons of losing communications. I’m saying the same thing what if the electronics failed one day, really what if they quite working one day?

[FONT=&quot]So DTop It’s not a net uni, well I hope it has not turned or allowed to be a gossip site or rumor nest social cub either. There is nothing TOP SECRET here you and the others are not showing a discipline of silence about the tactics. The knowledge is not being taught. Keep monitoring and I bet you learn something that just might save your or your bodies life one day. Even if its only because you realize what that Taliban guerrilla is up too, based on some old fashion nonsense you read in Tri-F. G-day!
[/FONT]

Last edited:
A`HOY, okay we are finally to the first section that gets into the rules, what I'm all about sharing! Basic rules will be followed by detailed notes I’m editing but we can revisit any areas anyone wants more info about.
Defense
1) Pass by circle back,
That is as you arrive at objective you fly, drive, walk etc right by. So you can check the situation out, anyone or thing there, entries, exits you plan on using. Gives you chance to spot anyone circling back with you that might have been fallowing. Enemy will wonder any time you pass them if you’re going to circle back. This causes them to hunker down waist time, waiting for your return.
2) Pause before interring,
This is near entrances. You’re waiting, watching, lessening for sights and sounds of enemy activity. Also makes foe waiting in ambush think you’re suspicious about something, may make them move to soon. With large area or multi story building 10-15 minutes. Small room 20- 30 seconds. History has shown that if any activity is on going, you should hear or see something within the time periods suggested. Just in side sub-terrainion entries 10-15 minutes to check air. Lastly this gives you time to perform next rule.
3) Bobby trap entries,
This could be a trail, path, road, river used to inter area or whole, window, door for room or building. This is encase your being fallowed or planning on staying in area for a while. Or you can post guard, this covers your back and insures safe exit, if you choose to brake the don’t back track rule (#10 in PCP preparations and conduct of patrols). With roads etc. use two different colors of flares for trip wires, to indicate direction of foe who tripped them off. Ex; approach from east would trip yellow flare. Do not divide duties with demolitions: This is to avoid the “I thought you did Itproblem.
Invisible destruction this is destroying enemy’s equipment or kit with out operator’s knowledge until operator intends to use it. This foils your foe’s immediate plans and delays re-supply. Directed at what enemy lacks the most or must bring from a far. Also used to complement other actions, example destroying extinguishers before fire. This is also molding look alike items, all the weathering none of the functions. You might wish to take actual items etc. Arson incendiary devices easy to disguise or hide. Fires are used to drawl crowds. Remember smoke warns for miles. Smoke from burning vegetation lighter, structure darker, and vehicle smoke is black. Leaks vs. burning or blowing up fuel tanks. Boats sank, bridges, disassembled or key parts of structure removed to weaken. Best to destroy bridges close to banks. Wire over high tension cables to short out grids.
Tips for individuals: Avoid souvenir taking. Keep low profile, avoid publicity. Very the way you dress, ensure dress, conduct and mannerisms do not attract attention. Blend in with crowds, local environment. Travel where local inhabitants go, the old when in Rome. Stay away from civil disturbances or demonstrations. Bombers making scene as if sick or fighting to drawl crowds. Avoid deserted streets. Crossing Street can mean difference between walking by men sipping tea and playing dominos or an attack. Do not go out in big groups, never travel alone. Send only number of Marines needed, not 3 or 4 if 1 or 2 can do task. If walking go to ground feet in direction of blast. When walking up steps, place foot on second and every 3rd step. Let friends know where you are going. Avoid giving out personal information over phone. Also lines in stores, schedules, arriving with timed appointments. (Iraqi recruits holding camps, maze walls for lines as interviewed). Blending in with locals in Middle East not shaving at least have a mustache. Other signs of foreigners in the Middle East wrong accent, wearing a seatbelt, reading a book while traveling in car.

4) Position main weapons:
This is most effective weapon located in most advantageous point or centrally located to allow access to multiple points, to cover points of interest, avenues and passages. (NOTE on a personal basis this could be placing weapon in a central hallway of a house, so someone could get to it and make their way to any area or room). If more then one weapon available do not bunch them up. Concentrate fire power not weapons. Crew serve weapons covered/concealed to prevent detection or damage during preparation fires. Mainly to keep enemy from locating them before enemy starts attack and begins to open fire on your defensive position.
Note has anyone out there read General Patreus’s book and can you say I was talking out my stern with my Hypothesis?

If you dont mind, I want to ask some questions...

The thing about the pause before storming a room/building looks like a very interesting idea, but dont you think that surprise through speed and stealth is more effective?

This can be useful against an unprepared enemy... but what about determined enemies who are ready to die like the ones soldiers are facing everyday in theatres like Iraq or Afghanistan?
These guys wont be impressed by such things...

You give them time, they can report you to their buddies with hand signals and put a machine gun right in front of the door...

Pause before entering can be eliminated by using thermal sights if available. It would seem to be a stupid idea to give anyone time to set up for your entrance. If, theoretically, you're going to stop, use the time to check for IEDs and other traps, not insurgents.

And you'll notice that most of us are specifically avoiding talking about specific tactics. There's a reason for that.

Yeah, I guess that there is a war going on, and that anyone can access this website...

But can the thermal sights see through walls? I dont understand how thermal sights can help in such situations...

But I heard about sensors capable of detecting the static electric field generated by the heart of any living creatures...

these things can see through walls... Are they available? because these high tech toys can really change the tactics used...

and c/Commander, I think that the tactics used in the field arent really a secret to anyone... Any clever man who takes the time to think a little can make up rules and procedures...

But the real difference in the field doesnt really come from what the enemy will do... but what he can do. What he trained his troops to do and the tools he have...

Anyone who is capable of repairing a tank knows that if you had to take a shot, the ideal would be to offer the front armor as a target...

The important thing is to have training infrastructure, communication, hardware and informations...

I dont think that the real problem is how to choose... but the number of available choices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back