Frag ammo

sven hassell

Found this,can anyone verify if this exists?if so any info?

19.06 - May 4th 2038 By Editor
12 Gauge Fragmentation Ammunition
By Firepower Editor Paolo Avanti

frag12.jpg
It would appear that despite the civil war and spate of subsequent troubles, the British military establishment has been on the development trail. Recent reports have placed a new British innovation in the hands of the US Army Special Forces community at Fort Benning. This innovation is a new variety of cartridge for the age old favourite, the twelve gauge shotgun.
This initiative was originally spotted by the US Army as a potential obstacle breaching and light vehicle defeating round that can be carried by small units that regularly carry 12-gauge shotguns as part of their personal arsenal. Designated 'FRAG12' by the Experimental Cartridge Company Ltd. and Action Manufacturing Inc, the cartridges have recently been tested by the United Kingdom Ministry of Defense (MoD) as a special forces application munition. They are being offered in High Explosive (HE), High Explosive Fragmenting Antipersonnel (HE-FA), and High Explosive Armor-Piercing (HE-AP) flavours, which pretty much cover most eventualities. In addition to USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command), several European C-Tac and C-SWAT departments have expressed interest in the new round.
FRAG-12 rounds are made up of a standard 3 inch 12-gauge cartridge case and propellant, firing a fin-stabilized 19mm warhead and MIL-SPEC fuse assembly. The projectile is designed to arm 3 meters from the muzzle and fires upon impact with a surface. The HE projectile has sufficient explosive power to make one inch holes in ¼ inch cold rolled steel plate, meaning it will have a similar effect on up to 1/8 inch ceramic or kevlar composite armour or most strengths of bioware or subdermal armour such as skinweave. The maximum effective range for this round is claimed to be 200m, which would be a significant improvement for the effective range of a standard shotgun.
The benefits of this new ammunition are clear and make the shotgun a contender once more, not only on the close quarter urban battlefield that war is increasingly being waged upon, but also the urban sprawl that harbours the ever-increasingly augmented enemies that law enforcement agencies have to contend with on a day to day basis. With any luck, this could help tip things in their direction once more.

Man, it would be great if I could get that stuff for my Remington 870. I bet you that stuff is expsensive as hell.

Like $50 a round expsensive.

Been searching and cant find anything on above cartridge.
I think its fantasy but if so for what reason?A game?
Also why isnt it in production?

Thanks moving t. I obviously hadn't read it all properly and im glad you've found a legit(hopefully) version.

What? You mean I don't have sub-dermal armour?? Oh sweet jesus I suddenly feel so so so vulnerable... mommy!!

What's your address, bulldogg? I'll send you some cybereyes and bone lacing...null sheen, chummer. :cool:

...we really need a cyberpunk smiley.

Cyberpunk is sort of a small sub-genre. Unless you're a fan, like me, you wouldn't necessarily recognize the terms.

Sven, in case you didn't notice, the article is dated from 2038 XD, anyone I'll see you later (dons cybershades)

Yeah I thought I heard about that on futureweapons ya know with that ex navy seal guy
they were "allegedly" shooting frag rounds from that A-10 automatic shotgun. Who knows with tv these days.

Back