Frømandskorpset - Frogmans Corps

ENRG

We've all heard of the NAVY SEALs, Delta Force and all the other Special Units. But here's a Danish Special Unit. It's the "Frømandskorps" or in english "Frogmans Corps".

It all started after Denmark (without a fight, wich I'm ashamed of) was invaded by Germany in WWII.
Our rebels, "Frihedskæmperne" (The Freedom Fighters) started to bomb the German weapons supply-trains and storages. The rebels got more and more "skilled" and at the end of WWII the "Frogmans Corps" were established.

It's based on the US NAVY SEALs, Special Boat Squadron (SBS) and Norweigan "Froskemanskorpset" (I don't know the correct translation. Try asking Redleg about it.)

Now, the Unit trains with other Special Units through out the world. (SAS, GIGN and etc.)

Here are some pictures and alittle promoting video for you guys to view.
See the Danish Units at work :rambo:

http://www.froemandskorpset.dk/video/FROMAND.wmv

forlaegning.jpg

A Danish Sniper :sniper:

centerpil-1.jpg

Snow is a know factor in Scandinavia.

Lmg-II.jpg

Troops in Iraq

Taktisk-dykning-2-II.jpg

Hereby the name "Frogman's Corp"

INFIL-kampsvoming-2-II.jpg

Ready to take everyone on :twisted:

.. and the last picture, shows a Danish "Jens", a slagger. Which proberly the whole nation is, and we're damn proud of it! :D

Udsigt-fre-kontoret-II.jpg

Visit the official site (Remember! It's a Special Unit, not a site show-off..)
http://www.froemandskorpset.dk/frame-set/Frameset.htm

It's only in Danish I'm afraid. But if you have any further question about the Corps. Just ask me :D

(Copyrighted by Frømandskorpset. All pictures are protected by the Copyright-law issued Juli 1st. 1995)

Norweigan "Froskemanskorpset" (I don't know the correct translation. Try asking Redleg about it.)

They're called "Marine Jegere" or Navy Rangers/SEALs..

Cool movie! That part where the guy jumps off the roof looked painful. Dude probably squashed his stuff on the deceleration! :shock:

That's my favorite part :D

"I just think I'll jump off this tower here and pull the rope to break RIGHT before I hit the ground. HEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee......."

(And thanks Redleg for that translation :D )

I hope that little movie shows that Denmark isn't a "We-can't-harm-no-one"-country :D

hehe lol

:rambo: looking :viking: with :tank: :D

I also realy liked the part where they jump from a plane with flippers :)

How many frogmen are there in Denmark (if its not classified)?

Actually it is. Many of the people used in the movie is either former soldiers or Trainers. If you look on the photo, which are from real forces, you will see it's blured or pixelated. To protect the families and themselfs.

Many things are very Classified about the unit, even what the weapons they use are classified. You can see in the video and the pictures, that the m4a1 and the H&K MP5 are just some of the weapons.

We've all heard of the NAVY SEALs, Delta Force and all the other Special Units. But here's a Danish Special Unit. It's the "Frømandskorps" or in english "Frogmans Corps".

It all started after Denmark (without a fight, wich I'm ashamed of) was invaded by Germany in WWII.
Our rebels, "Frihedskæmperne" (The Freedom Fighters) started to bomb the German weapons supply-trains and storages. The rebels got more and more "skilled" and at the end of WWII the "Frogmans Corps" were established.

It's based on the US NAVY SEALs, Special Boat Squadron (SBS) and Norweigan "Froskemanskorpset" (I don't know the correct translation. Try asking Redleg about it.)

Now, the Unit trains with other Special Units through out the world. (SAS, GIGN and etc.)

Here are some pictures and alittle promoting video for you guys to view.
See the Danish Units at work :rambo:

http://www.froemandskorpset.dk/video/FROMAND.wmv

forlaegning.jpg

A Danish Sniper :sniper:

centerpil-1.jpg

Snow is a know factor in Scandinavia.

Lmg-II.jpg

Troops in Iraq

Taktisk-dykning-2-II.jpg

Hereby the name "Frogman's Corp"

INFIL-kampsvoming-2-II.jpg

Ready to take everyone on :twisted:

.. and the last picture, shows a Danish "Jens", a slagger. Which proberly the whole nation is, and we're damn proud of it! :D

Udsigt-fre-kontoret-II.jpg

Visit the official site (Remember! It's a Special Unit, not a site show-off..)
http://www.froemandskorpset.dk/frame-set/Frameset.htm

It's only in Danish I'm afraid. But if you have any further question about the Corps. Just ask me :D

(Copyrighted by Frømandskorpset. All pictures are protected by the Copyright-law issued Juli 1st. 1995)

The corps has nothing to do with the Danish resistance. The basis of the formation of the corps was the experience that was gained in the Second World War, where special operations forces were used to great effect. By reconstruction of the Danish Navy after the war it was therefore natural to look towards the Allied experience.

Since there were no Danish experience regarding training and use of special operations forces, personnel was in 1955 and 1956 sent to foreign divers and frogman schools in the US and UK. Including Robert Christensen, who during the WWII was trained as a frogman by the Special Operations Executive (SOE). Robert Christensen was the first commander of the Danish frogman school, formally established on the 17th June 1957.

BTW. The Danish army did opposed the German invasion but only for a few hours before the Danish government surrendered. But the fact is that 16 Danish soldiers were killed April 9, 1940.

There's nothing wrong with thread resurrections if there is new information. In this case the information was not accurate. :wink:

If they are so tough, why did Danish Frogmen Corps members surrender to Russian Frogmen in an underwater confrontation in Copenhagen harbor, and go aboard a Russian cruiser as prisoners.
See 07-24-13 posting "Danish Frogmen Captured by Russian Frogmen in 1964."

Back